OWC fury at Norn Iron shirts not being sold at City Airport

Started by Minder, January 11, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on January 11, 2008, 02:45:04 PM
Tony has been added to the Warning list.
Many of the long term and valued members have received warnings in the past,

You a long term member eh Tony?

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 11, 2008, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: nifan on January 11, 2008, 02:02:16 PM
Its up to a shop if they want to sell something or not - we can hardly order them to do so.

Was thinking that, I saw a few sports shops down here with only soccer jerseys and no GAA stuff.

Their choice, a bit silly from a business point of view but their loss.

Yes indeed, they're a commercial operation and can omit to sell anything they want to really.

Mind you the airport shops aren't doing themselves any favours commercially by not selling NI football shirts among the things they think they can shift to tourists as a memento of visiting here.

MW

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 11, 2008, 02:16:13 PMGary McAllister must be one of the worst press officers anywhere, regardless of his bigoted views. The ANISC would be much better off with a genuinely intelligent, coherent and literate press officer.  My vote would be for MW or ChrisOWC.

You've got me blushing now! But thanks for your kind comments!

Have done a fair bit of work with press officers in my time, I was able to spin with the best of them ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on January 11, 2008, 05:44:30 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 11, 2008, 02:31:15 PM
MW is ok but a bit grumpy

Depends what mood you catch me in ;D

Indeed, still if grumpy is the worst thing you are called you are doing ok  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Donagh on January 11, 2008, 01:37:40 PM
Heard you man, that OWC bloke that objects to Fenians having houses, on the radio about this earlier. Ridiculous these pricks are given the airtime. Much rather listen to Wendy Austin singing  :D

Would that be the same project on the Crumlin Rd that Sinn Fein objected to? You had better trot off to Connolly Huose to check that one. ;)

his holiness nb

Ok whats the deal with mentioning Connolly house after almost every post Donagh makes.

We get it, no need to keep saying it  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Whitehair on January 11, 2008, 04:00:26 PM
QuoteOn another point isn't it time that fans of the real Ireland team in the 6 counties (who vastly outnumber OWC) organised themselves into one consolidated and coherent group to facilitate ticket sourcing and exchange, travel to games, lobbying the FAI etc? I km ow many supporters clubs in the six counties exist already and have tenuous links with bigger clubs in the 26 counties

I'd like some sort of body set up too. From where I'm from "active" Ireland fans are a bit light on the ground. Ya more chance gettin a few fellas to go on an away trip than to Dublin for the day. Also that NI supporters club had a stall on the go in freshers week in jordanstown, seemed pretty popular and I'd regulary see people wearing what i believe is a UU NI suporters hoodie. Surely there's a market there for Ireland fans if a little assistance was provided from the FAI/Northern SC's.
The club I travelled down with to the Cyprus match have 20 tickets for every match but only have 20 members.They have closed the membership so they are all guaranteed to have their tickets.They run a bus down for £10 return which is good but you have to source your own tickets......I don't really want to put my name down as i feel its a bit morbid, its like waiting for some one to die to get their place >:(
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Whitehair

Aye the fella who said he would put my name down for tickets is from Newry and a group of them are associated with a club from belfast or so im told. He's hopeful gaining membership as he's been running with them for a few years. Its a bit of a shame the clubs arent a bit more welcoming to new members in the current climate as the boys arent exactly setting the world alight unfortunately.

red hander

The Newsletter is dying on its feet.  It barely sells 20,000 monday-friday.  It has reverted to type because the only people who buy it are the utter bigots.  Have u ever read the letters page?  unbelievable.

Its biggest sale is on a saturday because it inserts its farming weekly, which after the irish news and telegraph stopped priniting a farming supplement, is the only alternative.  Ironically, the reason it sells so much on a saturday is because fenian farmers buy it to get all the news.  So, basically, fenians are keeping it afloat.

The editor Darwin Templeton actually tried to change its bent when he joined but was beaten down by the bigots in the place (Kennedy, Miller) after a few months.  He's sitting there on 80,000 a year, so why should he move until something better comes along? 

It really is a disgrace that the oldest newspaper in the world (which started out supporting the United Irishmen) has come to this... pathetic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: red hander on January 11, 2008, 08:13:18 PM
The Newsletter is dying on its feet.  It barely sells 20,000 monday-friday.  It has reverted to type because the only people who buy it are the utter bigots.  Have u ever read the letters page?  unbelievable.

Its biggest sale is on a saturday because it inserts its farming weekly, which after the irish news and telegraph stopped priniting a farming supplement, is the only alternative.  Ironically, the reason it sells so much on a saturday is because fenian farmers buy it to get all the news.  So, basically, fenians are keeping it afloat.

The editor Darwin Templeton actually tried to change its bent when he joined but was beaten down by the bigots in the place (Kennedy, Miller) after a few months.  He's sitting there on 80,000 a year, so why should he move until something better comes along? 

It really is a disgrace that the oldest newspaper in the world (which started out supporting the United Irishmen) has come to this... pathetic

Andytown news is dying on its feet and has been for the past 10 years or so yet the stupid management team behind it thought they could introduce a 'republican daily' even after being told it wouldn't work... Still, I suppose as long as a few members of Sinn Fein can gain a wage from the advertising, that's all the Shinners care about ;)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Orior

County jersies could do a fine trade in airport shops too. But of course, its all about demand and supply and is a decision for the vendor.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 11, 2008, 08:48:51 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 11, 2008, 08:13:18 PM

Andytown news is dying on its feet and has been for the past 10 years or so yet the stupid management team behind it thought they could introduce a 'republican daily' even after being told it wouldn't work... Still, I suppose as long as a few members of Sinn Fein can gain a wage from the advertising, that's all the Shinners care about ;)

It is alright, it seems to target a certain demographic - unemployed, semi illiterate. I dont know anyone with an ounce of wit that takes it seriously, most stories are along the line of someone getting their window smashed by "the hoods" or getting their DLA stopped, with the obligatory photo with aggrieved party standing outside their house with a sad expression. A few months ago they ran a story about a local hood who had been knee capped last year and had his application for DLA refused, the story took the usual spin, "big bad government department", i have seen this fella in action on many occasions and he is one of the biggest anti social elements on the Falls Rd, i fired the journalist off an email advising him to exercise greater journalistic responsibility in future. I got a reply - "All feedback is welcome".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"