Big Sam sacked

Started by ExiledGael, January 09, 2008, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: inisceithleann on January 09, 2008, 11:03:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2008, 10:59:46 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on January 09, 2008, 10:56:53 PM
I saw Newcastle play at Eastlands in October (was extremely bored in the flat) and I should have demanded my money back. City destroyed them.There problem as always was defending. How hard can it be to find 4 decent defenders. Given turned round to us behind the goals and basically said what the hell was he supposed to do. The worse team I've ever seen live. I feel for their fans. The club seems to be unable of ever achieving success.

Their fans are a shower of whinging f**kers, they think they have some sort of divine right to be challenging and winning major honours. I remember Keegans first game in charge, there were 29000 at St James Park, i would hazard a guess that there wasnt half that the previous week.

Bit harsh. I know a few Geordies and they're reall football men.

I used to live with a Geordie girl at Uni and she had the biggest tits you ever saw.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

inisceithleann

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2008, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on January 09, 2008, 11:03:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2008, 10:59:46 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on January 09, 2008, 10:56:53 PM
I saw Newcastle play at Eastlands in October (was extremely bored in the flat) and I should have demanded my money back. City destroyed them.There problem as always was defending. How hard can it be to find 4 decent defenders. Given turned round to us behind the goals and basically said what the hell was he supposed to do. The worse team I've ever seen live. I feel for their fans. The club seems to be unable of ever achieving success.

Their fans are a shower of whinging f**kers, they think they have some sort of divine right to be challenging and winning major honours. I remember Keegans first game in charge, there were 29000 at St James Park, i would hazard a guess that there wasnt half that the previous week.

Bit harsh. I know a few Geordies and they're reall football men.

I used to live with a Geordie girl at Uni and she had the biggest tits you ever saw.

:D Geordie women are some craic as well. Love the sauce.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ONeill

Oh aye, and Coleman's not English.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2008, 08:41:29 PM
Ah yes the self appointed best fans in the world, the Geordies. ....

Have the Irish lost their title ?? :o ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Canalman

Rossfan you surely must have forgotten about the Munster Rugby fans/ hooray henrys. Definitely up there with the self appointed best supporters in the World tribes.

qub la la la

newcastle would do well to realise they are not a big club. they came close to the premiership once and no matter how much any geordie would "love it if we beat them" they are shite. a team of rejects from the big clubs. might have a big fan base but that doesnt win games. Gave big sam the boot a but prematurely i think. he has been without viduka and duff and a defense. could have done a job if given the time.

Rossfan

Quote from: qub la la la on January 11, 2008, 12:42:34 AM
newcastle would do well to realise they are not a big club. .

I saw somewhere yesterday they are 12th biggest Soccer club in the world and 5th biggest in the YUK.

As for the best fans in the world title -
could this not be added to the olympics or would that spoil all the make believe? ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2008, 12:04:24 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on January 11, 2008, 12:42:34 AM
newcastle would do well to realise they are not a big club. .

I saw somewhere yesterday they are 12th biggest Soccer club in the world and 5th biggest in the YUK.

As for the best fans in the world title -
could this not be added to the olympics or would that spoil all the make believe? ;D ;D

WTF...how does a team that wins nothing yearly be 12thh biggest in the world..what was it called the Toon Daily Mail

Uladh

They reckon sam didn't buy into the ethos of the geordies: play attacking, flowing football and win f all.

AZOffaly

No. Sam's idealogy is play putrid, negative football and win f..k all.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2008, 03:01:01 PM
No. Sam's idealogy is play putrid, negative football and win f..k all.

Well realistically what was he going to win at Bolton, he overachieved if anything with the Trotters.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

In my opinion he will never win anything of note, other than possibly a cup, at any club. In my mind he is one of those managers destined to always manage either Championship winning teams like Reading, Watford, Wolves or whomever, or else Premiership teams that finish between 6th and 12th.

Nothing personal against him, don't know anything about him as a man, but he seems to be much more about stopping the opposition playing than actually making his own team play.

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind him as the next Ireland manager because those attributes can carry you a long way in international football.

Uladh

i disagree. given time and a competitive budget, sam's methods would have brought the magpies to at least the champions league. pretty pictures more often than not achieve v little at the highest level of sport. look at arsenal.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Uladh on January 11, 2008, 03:21:51 PM
pretty pictures more often than not achieve v little at the highest level of sport. look at arsenal.

Top of the league playing the "prettiest" football in England at the moment!
Ask me holy bollix