Big Sam sacked

Started by ExiledGael, January 09, 2008, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: red hander on January 09, 2008, 06:39:38 PM
Merrion Square couldn't afford Allardyce and there's no way McClaren will get that job.

As for Shearer, I've always had a soft spot for him since he flattened that sc**bag Keith Gillespie in Dublin. 

Couple of mates met him at Cheltenham a few years back and he invited them into his tent to enjoy the hospitality.  They asked him about the Gillespie incident and he said the tr**p was out of order with two girls "who were young enough to be my daughter, and I never like the wee f***** anyway" .... he was, apparently, a gentleman...

I can't see Big Sam getting to many offers from any where else
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

He hardly got much of a chance did he? His 'star' players i.e. Duff and Owen are only back last week from injury. That chairman that Newcastle have is a bit of a clown me thinks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Martin Jol or Houllier might be interested in Newcastle job
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Is it true that the sacking will cost Newcastle £50m if his backroom staff are sacked as well?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

imtommygunn

He got a team over performing with the long ball up to Kevin Davies and he seemed to have some clout in the transfer market to get Djourkaeff, Anelka etc but I don't think he's a good manager. By all account Newcastle fans want to see entertaining football, almost more than winning, and he definitely wasn't the man for this.

Newcastle and Spurs must be the two most wasteful teams in the premier league / in football with money and Allardyce didn't help either. That left back he bought is rubbish. Not sure who else he bought but watching that Stoke game at the weekend anyone in the newcastle shirt at the minute isn't up to much!

The Real Laoislad

If thats true Square Ball i would imagine there might be a clear out of some of the bigger names Duff,Owen to make funds available..
I'd  have Owen back at Liverpool if he was to stay injury free..But thats not likely
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Whitehair

Aye your man Jose Enrique £5m, Rozenhal, Cacapa and all pretty rubbish. Supposedly his backroom team has 20-30 people! I wonder what Given and Duff's opinions of the Allardyce were, was there dressing room discontent regarding them etc. Whether that would be considered in relation to his appointment or purely on the best CV.

INDIANA

Phonecall from sky sports to big sam : "I see  that you've been sacked by Newcastle, as per their website"

Sam " Well i suppose i'd better ring them then, it's the first i've heard of it"

Whatever about his merits as a manager that is a scandalous way to do business. Any manager with half a braincell wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

gerry

footie managers do not get much of a chance now.  sam did not get much of a chance to make his mark.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Leo

You could hardly call Duff one of their star players. He has spent more time out with injury and has been most unimpressive when playing. We in Ireland tend to seriously over-rate Given (as we did with Bonner) and a look at Newcastle's goals against in every season is a bit frightening.
Having said that, Allardyce was a silly appointment. Shearer would be even sillier ( a la Roy Keane) so as I've said look out for a foreign candidate.
Fierce tame altogether

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Leo on January 09, 2008, 08:11:49 PM
You could hardly call Duff one of their star players. He has spent more time out with injury and has been most unimpressive when playing. We in Ireland tend to seriously over-rate Given (as we did with Bonner) and a look at Newcastle's goals against in every season is a bit frightening.
Having said that, Allardyce was a silly appointment. Shearer would be even sillier ( a la Roy Keane) so as I've said look out for a foreign candidate.

Whatever about Duff not being a star player I'm willing to leave that open to debate..But to say Shay Given is over rated is one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever heard..
Do you not think Newcastle's goals against has something to do with their defense being shite..Jaysis the Goalie can't be expected to stop everything?
Shay Given has been on the PFA team of the year on numerous occasions over his career and he has saved Ireland on countless times with his saves..
The man is and has been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premiership if not Europe over the past 7 or 8 years
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Whitehair

Agreed, brilliant keeper and if he was English(God forbid) he'd be their No.1 by a country mile.

corn02

Ant and Dec are 500/1. I think these two comedians should be employed for such a joke of a club.

Never call Duff a star player please, he is quite a distance off.

stiffler

Big Sam at 16/1 to be the next ireland manager seems like a good bet.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

Ah yes the self appointed best fans in the world, the Geordies. They really do have delusions of grandeur, they were complaining the other day that Fat Sam did not understand the "true spirit and history" of Newcastle......what a history of not winning anything domestically for 50 years. You really could apply the "Where were you when you were shit" chant to Newcastle, no doubt they will have a good cry about it. As for Owen all he is worried about is keeping himself fit for England. As for Shearer, he will not jeopardise his Saint like status on Tyneside by taking and potentially making a balls of the job. He doesent need the money or hassle i would imagine.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"