Big Sam sacked

Started by ExiledGael, January 09, 2008, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Look at Arsenal? Jaysus Uladh, that's harsh. I would say that Arsenal and Man United have played the best football since the premier league started, and have been the most successful. In fact I would say that if you are organised and hard to beat, but lacking spark, then the best you can hope for is 3rd place. Quality and attacking play is always the difference.

Chelsea may have slightly rocked that boat, but even so their first championship saw some great football as well.

5 Sams

Quote from Minder
QuoteI used to live with a Geordie girl at Uni and she had the biggest tits you ever saw.

As they say on Footbal 365 .....Rule 1....
The Aristocrat Years

Uladh

'arry turned the "lose with style" kings down this morning

inisceithleann

Football Focus reckon it'll be Kevin Keegan with Shearer as his assisant. I doubt it, but the Geordies would love it.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: inisceithleann on January 12, 2008, 01:35:06 PM
Football Focus reckon it'll be Kevin Keegan with Shearer as his assisant. I doubt it, but the Geordies would love it.

Prices slashed from 50/1 to 9/2 on this happening
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Uladh

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2008, 03:25:53 PM
Look at Arsenal? Jaysus Uladh, that's harsh. I would say that Arsenal and Man United have played the best football since the premier league started, and have been the most successful. In fact I would say that if you are organised and hard to beat, but lacking spark, then the best you can hope for is 3rd place. Quality and attacking play is always the difference.

Chelsea may have slightly rocked that boat, but even so their first championship saw some great football as well.

You need the bit of steel to win anything az. arsenal, for all their bluster would have won nothing without adams/keown etc and latterly viera.

they seriously lack middle in em.

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 11, 2008, 03:23:41 PM
Top of the league playing the "prettiest" football in England at the moment!

what have arsenal won recently your holiness?

Our Nail Loney

and what sort of backbone do united have at the moment? Vidic is formidable but Carrick and anderson would hardly make you wet yourself.

Uladh

The current champions and league leaders have piles of steel in vidic, brown, hargreaves and rooney my good man

his holiness nb

Quote from: Uladh on January 14, 2008, 05:40:17 PM
what have arsenal won recently your holiness?

Since Wenger took over they have played attractive football and won several trophies.

At the moment they play the most attractive football in the league, they are currently join top along with Man Utd who play they second most attractive football in the league.

They other two "contenders" who have more of a defensive style are in third and fourth place.

One of those two may well win the league, but my money is on Arsenal or United.
Ask me holy bollix

Our Nail Loney

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Uladh on January 14, 2008, 05:51:09 PM

The current champions and league leaders have piles of steel in vidic, brown, hargreaves and rooney my good man

Brown  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
In fairness at least you didn't say Ferdinand
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Uladh

full back

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 14, 2008, 05:48:23 PM
anderson would hardly make you wet yourself.

Maybe not, but he would kick the sh1t out of you any day off the week - he is hard as nails ;)

Square Ball

Radio 5 reporting Keegan new manager of the Toons
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

whyarerefssobad

yes its on sky sports now . i think its a big mistake
always look on the bright side