Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

With a big win, Kerry could end both Tyrone's NFL & Championship hopes on Saturday week. Team morale is low and the big players of 03 & 05 are just shadows of themselves. Tyrone are there for the taking.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 05, 2008, 08:04:47 PM
With a big win, Kerry could end both Tyrone's NFL & Championship hopes on Saturday week. Team morale is low and the big players of 03 & 05 are just shadows of themselves. Tyrone are there for the taking.

Probably fair to say that "Tyrone are there for the taking" but talk of championship hopes being ended in February is way over the top...find myself in the unlikely situation of agreeing with Mike Sheehy and his "chill out... its only the national league" comment. Tyrone have a lot of work to do and with retirals and injuries Sam looks a distant prospect right now but there is plenty of time to work on the problems. Tyrone looked pretty ragged in May 2005 but it didnt hamper them when the important games came along later in the summer. Wont be writing off the class of 2008 on the back of the McKenna Cup and a draw in the opening NFL game (or in the event of being caned by Kerry).

orangeman

That's just about as pessimistic as it gets !  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tyrones own

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 04, 2008, 08:01:32 PM

No not at all Mikey, just wanted to draw you and since i succeeded
could you maybe ask someone that was at the game why he was sent off
and get back to me.
Honestly, for the good of the game i hope it wasn't that auld cynical stuff,
it's horrible to watch!

Whinging....... :D

Having a tough time even finding anyone in your wee circle that were at the game eh Mikey,
Sure what would the Rugger crowd know about Gaelic Football anyway besides what they hear out
of Spillane, the Puke stuff is alive and well, going by the photo on the Kerry / Donegal thread :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

could you maybe ask someone that was at the game why he was sent off
and get back to me.

Given I am stateside it would be hard to have made it to Donegal for the game.

Also, the game was on tv so I dont need to ask anyone in my vast circle about it. I could see it with my own eyes.It was clear that the Donegal man clumsily tripped over Tom O'sullivans
outstretched arm as Tom was falling. Unfortunate really, but there you go.

And as for the photo..what is puke football about a group of lads contesting a high ball ? Good honest winter football is what that is.

Its the 15 men behind the ball trying to break the gain line stuff ala rugby that is ruining the game. Its your
shower that invented that tripe. You should hang your head in shame.

Tyrones own

Quote. Its your shower that invented that tripe.

Ok the Armagh men might have invented it but for the kingdom purist's to have perfected it is truly worrying,
Bring back football i say, that stuff ye boy's play down there really is horrible to watch :-[

QuoteGood honest winter football is what that is.

:D :D  Ye definitely are some Craic Sheehy, I must remember that one ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quill quits:

Ace attacker Declan Quill has informed Kerry football boss Pat O'Shea that he won't be available for selection for the remaining of 2008.
The 26 year old Kerins O'Rahilly's forward left the panel after being left out on the bench for the duration of last Saturday's NFL opener against Donegal in Ballybofey.
The Tralee-based schoolteacher told O'Shea on Monday of his decision to withdraw from the county squad; a decision which comes in the wake of defender Mossy Lyons' decision to quit the intercounty scene last month.

Rats and the sinking ship eh?  ;D

Sourced here

And Galvin out for six weeks:

Following on from the opening round NFL defeat to Donegal, Kerry manager Pat O'Shea has been dealt a blow with the news that captain Paul Galvin is out for six weeks.
Galvin was due to lead the side out for the first time against Donegal in Ballybofey, but injured his hamstring playing for Finuge in the North Kerry championship.
O'Shea is already without Colm Cooper, who is taking a well earned break from the game and the loss of the inspirational Galvin will be a huge blow to the county's chances of success in the league.
The wing forward will definitely miss the games against Derry and Tyrone over the coming weeks, and could miss further matches depending on his recovery.

Sourced here

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteRats and the sinking ship eh?

really ?....so how would you classify Stephen O'Neill....King Rat perhaps ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 10, 2008, 07:55:27 AM
really ?....so how would you classify Stephen O'Neill....King Rat perhaps ?

If it isn't yourself, now there's a surprise!  :P

Datsun Donaghy

QuoteBut he plans to return home in time for the Kingdom's opening defence of their Munster title against either Waterford or Clare in June.

It's amazing how you boys get out of Munster every year against top class opposition like that!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIf it isn't yourself, now there's a surprise!

Dont dodge the question. Is Stephen O'Neill a rat ?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIt's amazing how you boys get out of Munster every year against top class opposition like that!

Its what you do after the provinvials that count. Try getting past the quarter finals and you might be worth listening to.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 10, 2008, 07:28:34 PM
Dont dodge the question. Is Stephen O'Neill a rat ?

Unlike you to get so personal in your abuse. I was being ironic, however, and I can appreciate that that flew right over your head somewhat.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteUnlike you to get so personal in your abuse.

You are the one calling people rats around here. I have been a model of restraint. Its tempting to respond in kind though,  I miss those 6 paragragh responses of apoplectic rage that you come out with. They are great craic.

But we need to be sensible about this. Just leave our Declan alone and leave the irony to woody allen or someone else with a talent for it. Then we'll all be happy.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You're a right one Sheehy, and your righteous indignation is surely a sight to behold. Like I said, I was being ironic, and certainly wasn't having a personal attack on Quill, hence the  ;D in my original post, which you chose to omit; another clumsy attempt at misrepresentation.