Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quinn has impressed me at times particularly going forward and certainly deserves another shot. Just thought he might be a we bit light for quite a physical Kerry forward line but wouldnt complain if he was on - might even be an option at half back. Not sure yet if he'll be strong/good enough to start at corner back come championship time but Im sure Harte will have a good idea come the end of the league. Any updates on Dooher and when he's expected back? If McGuigan is close wouldnt be suprised if Harte gave him his 1st run out down in Galway were'd there wouldnt be the same spotlight on him - always seems to be small crowds at Galway games and I assume it wont be on tv.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Galway and Mc Guigan could be a runner all right, if he's fully fit at all by that stage -- it'd be the ideal game to get him back into it. Would expect a fair crowd at this one though, given that Galway's the only 'real' away game this season with the exception of Kerry this Saturday (Celtic Park hardly counts), which'll be a bit too far for most.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote03 and 05 still sting like feck don't they Mikey?

Don't give us any guff about where were Tyrone in 06 & 07, or you can only bate what's put in front of you etc. Yes or no will suffice.

No

feetofflames

o you'd like to see a Tyrone team without Dooher and Cavanagh, amongst others?
Neither of these guys are fit for Saturday Zman ??? Assuming you mean sean not Colm.  I believe a la Galaxy and Beckham you must pick club players in the main form the highest level of football possible.  College football is also a high level of foootball, Division 2 is not. 
Chief Wiggum

sam03/05

would it be fair to say that Rymond Mulgrew has become something of a mainstay on the tyrone team
i have been very impressed by him recently - thought he was superb for jordanstown v tyrone in mckenna where he roasted Gourley, and in my opinion he was our best player v kildare - and scored a cracking point.
i think we could be about to see a great player emerge. (i think he has got more confident after his all star nomination last year) an this is his third year on the panel now. It usually takes about that time for new players to find their feet.

ONeill

A fine talent - probably unfortunate that some see him as McGuigan's replacement as that's some act to follow. If Brian makes a full recovery, where to people envisage Rammie playing? Mickey likes his work horses at 10 and 12. Corner forward?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Star Spangler

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2008, 09:20:26 AM
A fine talent - probably unfortunate that some see him as McGuigan's replacement as that's some act to follow. If Brian makes a full recovery, where to people envisage Rammie playing? Mickey likes his work horses at 10 and 12. Corner forward?

Mulgrew is a  half-forward through and through so you'd have to have him at No. 12 (assuming Dooher remains at 10).  A year or two learning off McGuigan wouldn't do him any harm either.

SuperDooperCooper

Ah hell was looking forward to this game until the referee was aannounced - we got the worst ref in the country by a mile.......
Tralee                  Ciarraí         v       Tír Eoghain             LIVE SETANTA
Referee:        Gearóid Ó Conamha (Gaillimh)

Fuzzman

Yeah sounds like a nice half forward line alright IF all goes well for McGuigan
How's about this forward line.
At least they are all tall ball winners with maybe Enda doing his old roving outfield routine.

Colm Cavanagh    Mugsy    Enda McGinley

Mulgrew            McGuigan  Dooher

Sean C    Hub/Holmes

Any more word on the McMahon brothers getting over their injuries?
Did they get operations?

When Joey is fit he good certainly play at Midfield

This good weather should help the heavy pitches anyway and maybe we will see a fast, clean attacking open game of football as we did in the 2005 final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2008, 04:54:54 PM
Any more word on the McMahon brothers getting over their injuries?

Joey's out for the whole League, after just having had a groin operation. We're without Seán C, Dooher & Ricey. From here

Still, hopeful of a good one (more hopeful than expectant), and looking forward to the craic in Tra Lí.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on February 13, 2008, 03:46:54 PM
Ah hell was looking forward to this game until the referee was aannounced - we got the worst ref in the country by a mile.......
Tralee                  Ciarraí         v       Tír Eoghain             LIVE SETANTA
Referee:        Gearóid Ó Conamha (Gaillimh)

I share your pain there SDC, Gearóid is predictable only, sadly, in that he'll be wholly unpredictable for the full 70 minutes; I just hope he's not the main topic of discussion come the final whistle on Saturday evening.

ONeill

Was hoping he'd change the name and county again this year, maybe GK from the Block.

Redhandfan

Tyrone NFL Team v Kerry
13 Feb 2008

1. Pascal McConnell P Mac Dhónaill
2. PJ Quinn   PJ Ó Coinne
3. Conor Gormley C Ó Garmaile
4. Martin Swift M Ó Fuada
5. Davy Harte D Ó hAirt
6. Dermot Carlin D Ó Cearúlain
7. Philip Jordan P Mac Shiúrtáin
8. Kevin Hughes C Ó hAodha
9. Enda McGinley E Mag Fhionnaile
10. Colm Cavanagh C Caomhánach
11. Raymond Mulgrew R Ó Maolchraoibhe
12. Tommy McGuigan T Mag Uiginn
13. Niall Gormley N Ó Garmaile
14. Owen Mulligan E Ó  Maolagáin
15. Colm McCullagh C Mac CúUladh
16. Jonathan Curran S Ó Corráin
17. Sean Cavanagh S Caomhánach
18. Colin Holmes C Mac Thomáis
19. Cathal McCarron C Mac Cearáin
20. Damien McCaul D Mac Camhaoil
21. Michael McGee M Mag Aoidh
22. Justin McMahon S Mac Mathúna
23. Ryan McMenamin R Mac Meanman
24. Ryan Mellon R Ó Maelláin
25. Shaun O'Neill S Ó Néill

Fear ón Srath Bán

Thanks RHF, that half-back line will be critical, it needs to be a bit (big bit) less porous on Saturday, and the firmer ground should help.

ONeill

Quote from: Redhandfan on February 13, 2008, 10:56:37 PM
Tyrone NFL Team v Kerry
13 Feb 2008

1. Pascal McConnell P Mac Dhónaill
2. PJ Quinn   PJ Ó Coinne
3. Conor Gormley C Ó Garmaile
4. Martin Swift M Ó Fuada
5. Davy Harte D Ó hAirt
6. Dermot Carlin D Ó Cearúlain
7. Philip Jordan P Mac Shiúrtáin
8. Kevin Hughes C Ó hAodha
9. Enda McGinley E Mag Fhionnaile
10. Colm Cavanagh C Caomhánach
11. Raymond Mulgrew R Ó Maolchraoibhe
12. Tommy McGuigan T Mag Uiginn
13. Niall Gormley N Ó Garmaile
14. Owen Mulligan E Ó  Maolagáin
15. Colm McCullagh C Mac CúUladh
16. Jonathan Curran S Ó Corráin
17. Sean Cavanagh S Caomhánach
18. Colin Holmes C Mac Thomáis
19. Cathal McCarron C Mac Cearáin
20. Damien McCaul D Mac Camhaoil
21. Michael McGee M Mag Aoidh
22. Justin McMahon S Mac Mathúna
23. Ryan McMenamin R Mac Meanman
24. Ryan Mellon R Ó Maelláin
25. Shaun O'Neill S Ó Néill

Some test for Quinn and Swift. I'd be confident enough with the HB line after having that Kildare game under the belt.

Colm Cav - Mulgrew - MCGuigan = how times have changed from the 2005 final!! Young and eager to prove themselves. Hoping to see progression in the way of Colm Cavanagh's development from last year. Mickey obviously has plenty of faith in the Moy man.
Gormley - Mulligan - McCullagh = actually looking forward to that concoction. Niall Gormley showed glimpses last year that he can step up at this level. Kerry should bring out the best in Mugsy.

The key could be Hub and Enda's performance.