Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the wee gabshite is back within 6 weeks.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

red hander

'Please dont block our driveways with ye're horse and carts, ok.'

There you go, I never realised that all those twee postcards we used to buy on holidays down in 'the home of football' were actually of Tyrone people delivering turf to the little people of Kerry ... where did I put me pot of gold, where's me pot of gold...

Aaron Boone

Is it definitely in Tralee?
Flights to Farranfore from Dublin City done and dusted. Reservation at Felspoint Hotel Tralee made.

Mike Sheehy

Its alright lads...someday ye'll have ye're own airport.

Honestly....<sniff>  you haven't really "arrived" until you've flown into your own back yard with Sam in tow <sniff>

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 19, 2008, 04:25:41 AM
Its alright lads...someday ye'll have ye're own airport.

Honestly....<sniff>  you haven't really "arrived" until you've flown into your own back yard with Sam in tow <sniff>

Yerra if ye don't leave him behind in Dublin that is ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fear ón Srath Bán

After that bruising affair last night (Geezer has well and truly stamped his mark on this particular Kildare team), one thing's certain, we need a massive step-up for this one. Although we restricted Kildare to 5 scores, they had twice as many again very scorable opportunities that they squandered, and we won't be let off as forgivingly in this one.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Tyrone will find it hard going against a very strong Kerry outfit.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 10:37:34 AM
Tyrone will find it hard going against a very strong Kerry outfit.
They can't be that strong if an injury ravaged Donegal beat them.

orangeman

Did you not see the game - Kerry full back was sent off in 1st half - Kerry were up by two with seconds left - Mc Fadden lobbed a high ball in with last kick and Donegal scored a goal  - Donegal couldn't believe it -

Tyrones own

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 01:24:30 PM
Did you not see the game - Kerry full back was sent off in 1st half - Kerry were up by two with seconds left - Mc Fadden lobbed a high ball in with last kick and Donegal scored a goal  - Donegal couldn't believe it -

Yerra FFS, tell me they've moved on from the cynical stuff, can we get back to football lads ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

tyssam5

Quote from: Frank Casey on January 07, 2008, 07:57:23 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 07, 2008, 07:50:32 PM
Hardly much point in him coming home for a Munster game against either Waterford or Clare now. Tell him he's ok for another few weeks after that.

Shure d'extra training would be handy. He'll probably put on a couple of stone in America.

No doubt he'll still be listed in the program at 10 stone.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYerra FFS, tell me they've moved on from the cynical stuff, can we get back to football lads

I see your obsession with Kerry continues Tyrones own...

Tyrones own

No not at all Mikey, just wanted to draw you and since i succeeded
could you maybe ask someone that was at the game why he was sent off
and get back to me. Honestly, for the good of the game i hope it wasn't that auld cynical stuff,
it's horrible to watch!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrone Dreamer

Fairly important game for Tyrone here in terms of this years league. A loss and they'd be travelling to Galway for the next game with a potential relegation battle on the cards. A win and I suppose you could start to think about being contenders for the top 2 positions again. After Tyrones performance last week Kerry would have to be strong favourites going into this one. Even though its early in the season Im sure there'll be a high tempo to the game and it is likely to be fairly physical. A decent home support for Kerry's 1st home game can be expected.

Tyrone went down last year with low expectations and managed to get a draw and Im sure a lot of players will be out to prove that theyre better than they looked against Kildare. I cant see any of our big names who missed last week being back (not sure about McMenamin though), although Mugsy is likely to start. If Tyrone's free taking deosnt improve we'll have no chance - need to see an improvement from McCullagh and Id like to see Mulgrew tried with the one's on the other side.

Kerry seemed to dominate the Donegal game and will have another 2 weeks training behind them which should bring them on a little. I presume the Kerry team will be something similar to the last one with Tomas O'Se possibly starting. Kerry dont seem to keen to use Donaghy at full forward during the league so wouldnt be suprised if he operated further out the field.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteNo not at all Mikey, just wanted to draw you and since i succeeded
could you maybe ask someone that was at the game why he was sent off
and get back to me. Honestly, for the good of the game i hope it wasn't that auld cynical stuff,
it's horrible to watch!

whinging about Kerry, whinging about Kildares "roughouse" tactics....whinge, whinge. The season is only one weekend old and
the Tymoan bies are already in overdrive.

Seriously, chill out and get a life. its only the national league.