Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

..uh oh...i feel a rant coming on..you've already got the thesaurus haven't you ? god help us !

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Getting back to the game.........................

MH needs to address the FB issue now, we can't afford to wait until the Championship to experiment. If CG is the man he wants there then better come out and say it now and let Ricey or Carlin try to make CHB thier own.

If not (and hopefully Block will be at CHB the rest of the year) then one of the new lads needs in.

Up front Mugsy to start at FF - time to start performing...........................

Team for Sat (Hopefully)

Devine
PJ
McCarron / McCaul
Swift
Carlin
Block
Model
Hub
Enda (If Sean not ready yet)
Tommy
Mulgrew
Gormley
McCullough
Mugsy
Tommy

Don't hold out much hope of a win in Kerry but that team should put up a good fight.

feetofflames

Some potential  test for a debuttant full back never mind an experienced 1.  Donaghy.  I would tell Conor Gormley to follow Donaghy wherever he goes on the field.  he'd put the big star in his pocket.   
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

I would tell Conor Gormley to follow Donaghy wherever he goes on the field.  he'd put the big star in his pocket.   

He did exactly that in the Railway Cup final under lights last year-  Mc Cloy of Derry got roasted and Gormley went in and snuffed hom out.

tyroneman

Would you not think big Donaghy would be the perfect chance for an aspiring FB to make his name???

We all know what Block can do - why not let McCaul / McCarron have a go against one of the best?

feetofflames

Lets put it like this. any man that has a good game on Saturday will be worth a working on.  Buy the way can anyone here goive me the reason why wee Marty P has made this years panel.  I cant recall any semblance of good form  bar that leap he made for the kickout against An Dun.
Chief Wiggum

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tyrone Dreamer

Id like to see something like this (injuries permitting):
P McConnell
D Carlin
C McCarron
M Swift
R McMenamin
C Gormley
P Jordan
C Holmes
K Hughes
C Cavanagh
R Mulgrew
E McGinley
N Gormley
O Mullgan
T McGuigan

Some peple might be critical of Holmes but I still think he could do a job in a physical game like this and would allow McGinley to take over from Mellon who needs to refind his form.

feetofflames

Mellon has had two years since the 05 final, and we could be waiting a while for that form to be found. Colum Cavanagh probably showed enough the last day to suggest he would need to go looking for his form as well although the lad has undoubted ability. My fear is that Harte could pick too many non Tyrone division 1 footballers and players who had big games a couple of years ago.    I dont trust the level that Holems  IS PLAYING AT in Armagh, I would keep this team 100 % Tyrone division 1 with the exception being Philly.  the rest of your team is not bad though. 
Chief Wiggum

ziggysego

Quote from: feetofflames on February 11, 2008, 06:13:15 PM
I would keep this team 100 % Tyrone division 1 with the exception being Philly.  the rest of your team is not bad though. 

So you'd like to see a Tyrone team without Dooher and Cavanagh, amongst others?
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 11, 2008, 06:03:31 PM
Id like to see something like this (injuries permitting):
P McConnell
D Carlin
C McCarron
M Swift
R McMenamin
C Gormley
P Jordan
C Holmes
K Hughes
C Cavanagh
R Mulgrew
E McGinley
N Gormley
O Mullgan
T McGuigan

Some peple might be critical of Holmes but I still think he could do a job in a physical game like this and would allow McGinley to take over from Mellon who needs to refind his form.

Will be fairly close I'd say, though Mc Caul & Carlin could be in the starting mix somewhere.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 10, 2008, 07:29:59 PM
QuoteIt's amazing how you boys get out of Munster every year against top class opposition like that!

Its what you do after the provinvials that count. Try getting past the quarter finals and you might be worth listening to.

03 and 05 still sting like feck don't they Mikey?

Don't give us any guff about where were Tyrone in 06 & 07, or you can only bate what's put in front of you etc. Yes or no will suffice.

Tyrone Dreamer

Ive Carlin down at corner back. Not sure if he'd start McCaul or not. Wouldnt be suprised if the team was the same as the last day with Penrose in for Mellon and Mugsy in for Snowy.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sorry TD, saw Carlin in the corner, read Quinn, who deserves another shot. Wouldn't be sure about Carlin in the corner.