poll ronaldo messi or kaka

Started by Leg End, January 04, 2008, 12:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick one and give a reason. Don't be bias as to who u support

C.Ronaldo
L.Messi
Kaka

thewobbler

QuoteIt's much easier for a good player to be a regular match-winner in England than it is in Spain or Italy.

Again, this is grass is always greener syndrome. The EPL is ridiculously overhyped, but the experiences in recent years of players like Andrei Schevchenko, Juan Sebastien Veron, Diego Forlan, Fredi Kanoute, Fernando Morientes, Marco Materazzi, Gaizka Mendieta, Giovanni Van Bronkhurst and Hernan Crespo should seriously dampen any suggestions that the Spanish or Italian leagues are stronger.

Minder

Quote from: thewobbler on January 06, 2008, 05:42:50 PM
QuoteIt's much easier for a good player to be a regular match-winner in England than it is in Spain or Italy.

Again, this is grass is always greener syndrome. The EPL is ridiculously overhyped, but the experiences in recent years of players like Andrei Schevchenko, Juan Sebastien Veron, Diego Forlan, Fredi Kanoute, Fernando Morientes, Marco Materazzi, Gaizka Mendieta, Giovanni Van Bronkhurst and Hernan Crespo should seriously dampen any suggestions that the Spanish or Italian leagues are stronger.

What about the argument that players may find it hard to settle in a different country, language barrier, climate etc. Remember Rush going to Juve, coming back and scoring goals again in England.Nobody said he was shit when he didnt do well in Italy. Look at the CL winners from England......It wont take long
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thewobbler

QuoteWhat about the argument that players may find it hard to settle in a different country, language barrier, climate etc.
This works both ways, and doesn't change my point in the slightest. There have been successes and failures going both ways. I will point out though that of the quick list of players I provided, over half of them are not from England, Spain or Italy, so surely should have no bias to any league in terms of country, climate, language, etc.
QuoteLook at the CL winners from England......It wont take long
This is irrelevant:
- Historical data means nothing today.
- Only 2 Italian clubs and only 2 Spanish clubs have won the CL, same as with England. Having a couple of super rich clubs does not mean their league is competitive.

The Real Laoislad

I have seen reasons on this thread why Kaka or Messi should be number 1 but no one has given reasons why Ronaldo is better that Kaka or Messi..
Makes me think people are only voting for him because they are United fans and just find it impossible to be unbaised even though they know Kaka is better..
So has anyone any reasons why they think Ronaldo is better than Kaka or Messi ?
And i don't think scoring goals against the likes of Fulham,Sunderland,West Ham etc count as reasons
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Leg End

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2008, 07:03:01 PM

So has anyone any reasons why they think Ronaldo is better than Kaka or Messi ?
And i don't think scoring goals against the likes of Fulham,Sunderland,West Ham etc count as reasons

During the 2006-07 season, Ronaldo won the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards. He received the two awards during a ceremony on the 22nd of April, 2007. In addition to winning the two awards (an accomplishment that has only been matched once - in 1977 by Andy Gray),[23] Ronaldo was also named a member of the PFA Premiership Team of the Year, alongside seven of his fellow Manchester United teammates. On 24 April 2007, Ronaldo completed the treble by winning the PFA Fans' Player of the Year, an award which is given by winning the most votes from fans all over the United Kingdom. In addition, he was awarded the 2007 Portuguese Footballer of the Year, and at the beginning of May 2007 Ronaldo was also awarded the Football Writers' Association Award. He also received two awards from the club itself, the Player of the Year award, and the Fans' Player of the Year award.

Special achievements
One of only two players to have won both the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards in the same year, the other being Andy Gray in 1977.
Also won the PFA Fans' Player of the Year award, becoming the first player to win all three Professional Footballers Association awards in one season.
Only the third player in Premiership history to win back-to-back Barclays Player of the Month awards, and the first since the 1995-1996 season.
Holds the Premiership record for most goals scored in one season by a midfielder, having scored 17 times during the 2006-2007 Premiership campaign.  and has 13 already this season in the premiership alone so is going to beat that this year and has 5 goals in 5 games in the champions leage and 1 in 1 in the fa cup
One of only two players to feature in the PFA Premiership Team of the Year for both the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons, the other being Steven Gerrard.

All this and his ability to beat any man/men that step in front of him... his ability to strike the ball and score goals with left and right foot and his outstanding ability in the air. (search you tube for his best goals and you will see all three criteria included kaka and messi do not have all three and from watching all three this season at the minute ronaldo is definately the best.

ronaldo is three years younger than kaka and messi is 5

Kaka- never scored more than 14 league goals in a season and his next best is 10... he has 7 this year in 12
messi never scored more than 14 league goals in a season and his next best is 6.... he has 8 this year in  15
ronaldo never scored more than 17 league goals in a season and his next best is 13 and counting this year in 17

if this isnt enough  ??? ??? ???

we're here for a good time, not a long time

ONeill

Quoteif this isnt enough 

Messi and Kaka have big match temperament. Ronaldo doesn't.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2008, 12:51:54 AM
Quoteif this isnt enough 

Messi and Kaka have big match temperament. Ronaldo doesn't.

True just like Henry.

ONeill

True.

Though he has scored at Old Trafford, Anfield, Real Madird, Milan and in the World Cup Finals, against Brazil.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2008, 12:56:56 AM
True.

Though he has scored at Old Trafford, Anfield, Real Madird, Milan and in the World Cup Finals, against Brazil.
If he had of performed against Italy. I thought that was his big chance.

Leg End

exactly oneill he doesnt play in big games every week and the biggest teams he has scored against. he gets double marked every game he plays and he can deal with this against smaller teams but when the big teams do it he's up against 2 world class players and i dont think messi or kaka could cope any better than he does and he doesn't go missing every big game. It is far too easy just to come out with a statement like that back it up with the evidence and the fixtures

magpie seanie

Its easy to say Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games but if you look at his performances for Portugal in major tournaments you can see that is not necessarily the truth. He has been superb for them every time I see him. In big Euro ties and top 4 prem games opposition team specifically focus on stopping Ronaldo so often he looks like he's not doing the business at crucial times. There might be some truth in it but he is some player at the end of the day. He can be kept out of a game for almost all of it and still pop in a goal or two and set one up like against Arsenal the night of the "I'll see you out there" row.

The other two are better than him though. Kaka is at the peak of his powers. He is a fantastic player and for me the worlds best at present. Messi will take that title from him shortly. He is incredibly talented and should go on to be the standout player in the world for a while to come.

Hasn't Ronaldinho's star fallen very quickly.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2008, 03:00:28 PM
Its easy to say Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games but if you look at his performances for Portugal in major tournaments you can see that is not necessarily the truth. He has been superb for them every time I see him. In big Euro ties and top 4 prem games opposition team specifically focus on stopping Ronaldo so often he looks like he's not doing the business at crucial times. There might be some truth in it but he is some player at the end of the day. He can be kept out of a game for almost all of it and still pop in a goal or two and set one up like against Arsenal the night of the "I'll see you out there" row.

The other two are better than him though. Kaka is at the peak of his powers. He is a fantastic player and for me the worlds best at present. Messi will take that title from him shortly. He is incredibly talented and should go on to be the standout player in the world for a while to come.

Hasn't Ronaldinho's star fallen very quickly.

Agree with that Seanie, i saw a stat about Ronaldinho the other day, everyone is saying he is past it but i think he has scored 45 goals in last 73 La Liga appearances, dont think he is finished just yet. Another one that is fast approaching that level is Robinho, he is becoming far more effective for Madrid now with an end product to all the circus tricks. Similar to Ronaldo 2-3 years ago when he first came to United.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

During the 2006-07 season, Ronaldo won the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards. He received the two awards during a ceremony on the 22nd of April, 2007. In addition to winning the two awards (an accomplishment that has only been matched once - in 1977 by Andy Gray),[23] Ronaldo was also named a member of the PFA Premiership Team of the Year, alongside seven of his fellow Manchester United teammates. On 24 April 2007, Ronaldo completed the treble by winning the PFA Fans' Player of the Year, an award which is given by winning the most votes from fans all over the United Kingdom. In addition, he was awarded the 2007 Portuguese Footballer of the Year, and at the beginning of May 2007 Ronaldo was also awarded the Football Writers' Association Award. He also received two awards from the club itself, the Player of the Year award, and the Fans' Player of the Year award.

Special achievements
One of only two players to have won both the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards in the same year, the other being Andy Gray in 1977.
Also won the PFA Fans' Player of the Year award, becoming the first player to win all three Professional Footballers Association awards in one season.
Only the third player in Premiership history to win back-to-back Barclays Player of the Month awards, and the first since the 1995-1996 season.
Holds the Premiership record for most goals scored in one season by a midfielder, having scored 17 times during the 2006-2007 Premiership campaign.  and has 13 already this season in the premiership alone so is going to beat that this year and has 5 goals in 5 games in the champions leage and 1 in 1 in the fa cup
One of only two players to feature in the PFA Premiership Team of the Year for both the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons, the other being Steven Gerrard.

While the above may be true it can't be used to say Ronaldo is better than Kaka because Kaka hasn't played in England though i have no doubt he could achieve all the above if he did,So really thats a load of bollix talk  so your gonna have to come up with something an awful lot better than something you copied off Wiki or some other site

And the end of the day this poll can't be unbiased because the majority of United fans are incapable of believing Kaka is better than Ronaldo,That may be through a total lack of knowledge of soccer or just pure stubbornness,but really a blind man could see that Kaka is a better soccer player in all departments than Ronaldo.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Leg End

"just pure stubborness"  thats rich coming from you.

Billys Boots

QuoteHasn't Ronaldinho's star fallen very quickly.

I saw him in the Real-Barca game just before Christmas, and he was embarassingly bad.  I couldn't believe he was left on for the full game, and Henry never got a run at all.  Barca were very poor that night, are seven points down and still have to visit the Bernabeu.  It's over.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...