poll ronaldo messi or kaka

Started by Leg End, January 04, 2008, 12:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick one and give a reason. Don't be bias as to who u support

C.Ronaldo
L.Messi
Kaka

Minder

Messi's rate of development is superior to the other two, considering his age.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

If you are going by a goals to games ratio then Ronaldo palying in midfield will not compare to the worlds best strikers.  However in terms of his overall contribtuion he outshines Rooney, Torres & Ibrahimovic.  Fabregas is a central midfielder and is the only one who comes close to Ronaldos class in the premiership.  I do agree however that Messi & Kaka  are ahead of him at present but I don't know of any others at this present time.

Rav67

I would just about go for Kaka at the moment, although I think Messi will be the next truly great world footballer that there's been since Zidane dominated at his peak.

nrico2006

Ha ha, obviously the CL 2005 final was going to come up, and fair dues he had a good game.  As for the FA Cup final he did well aginst the might of Konchesky etc, but my point is that he often goes missing aginst the Uniteds, Arsenals and Chelseas of this world.

We will be in a better position to judge Ronaldo and Messi in 3 years time, but I would tend to agree with Rav67 on Messi being the next great.  As for best players in the world, I wouldn't say we have seen the end of Ronaldinho yet!  He will probably move in the summer, and if he sorts himself out then he will be back at the top!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

I'll accept that Ronnnie is in the top three. But why Rooney is even mentioned in this thread???? I wouldn't even have him in the top three strikers in the premiership at the minute.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: southdown on January 05, 2008, 05:14:57 PM
Got to be Messi.

Enjoy this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0cVCq8rsiY&feature=related

Messi all the way, incredible goal in the link south down.  For a guy so small he is so strong and is just unbelieveable when in possession of the football.
I like this adidas advertisement of him, check the link...impossible is nothing to Messi...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5lCLGjFDs 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Puckoon

Laois lad that comparison was 90% of the publicity that messi got for the goal against getafe.

The Real Laoislad

Christ 18 know it all's have voted for Ronaldo  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thewobbler

I'll make a very clear point. Every footballer looks better on a highlights reel. The mistakes (apart from bloopers) don't make it. The runs down blind allies don't make it. The offsides don't make. The half hours spent in the opposing full-back's pocket don't make it.

Perhaps there are folks on here who spend their lives watching all types of football on TV, and their voices have to be respected (even if their habits can be questioned), but the majority of us never watch any more than an occasional highlights reel of what happens in Italy or Spain. And of course Kaka and Messi look splendid.

But, if either of them is having a better season than Ronaldo, i.e. has been a more regular matchwinner or more of an entertainer, then the season they are having must be ranked as one of the greatest by any footballer in history.

Most people voting for Kaka or Messi here are suffering from the grass is always greener syndrome, that's all.

I don't follow United by the way.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on January 05, 2008, 08:40:48 PM
I'll make a very clear point. Every footballer looks better on a highlights reel. The mistakes (apart from bloopers) don't make it. The runs down blind allies don't make it. The offsides don't make. The half hours spent in the opposing full-back's pocket don't make it.

Perhaps there are folks on here who spend their lives watching all types of football on TV, and their voices have to be respected (even if their habits can be questioned), but the majority of us never watch any more than an occasional highlights reel of what happens in Italy or Spain. And of course Kaka and Messi look splendid.

But, if either of them is having a better season than Ronaldo, i.e. has been a more regular matchwinner or more of an entertainer, then the season they are having must be ranked as one of the greatest by any footballer in history.

Most people voting for Kaka or Messi here are suffering from the grass is always greener syndrome, that's all.

I agree Ronaldo is having a great season i never disputed the fact he is a good player..
And i am one of those "folks on here who spend their lives watching all types of football on TV" and not only on TV i actually spend a lot of money going to games..
Am going to the Nou Camp on Jan 19th so will get to see Messi in the flesh for the first time..
Have seen Kaka play live in person several times and he is one of the most talented soccer players i have ever seen,Also have seen Ronaldo as recently as the Liverpool v Man U match in Anfield a few weeks back..You would have hardly knew he was on the pitch too be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

southdown

Laois Lad, considering going to Camp Nou myself this season with the other half, was it hard to organise?  I see you can buy tickets direct from their website

ONeill

Quote from: thewobbler on January 05, 2008, 08:40:48 PM

It's much easier for a good player to be a regular match-winner in England than it is in Spain or Italy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: southdown on January 06, 2008, 11:51:48 AM
Laois Lad, considering going to Camp Nou myself this season with the other half, was it hard to organise?  I see you can buy tickets direct from their website

Im going with my auld lad and my brother in law..
The brother in law done all the organising but it was straight forward enough.I think he said he rang the club about tickets and they will be delivered to our hotel on the morning of the match..
We got the Cat 2 tickets,Cat 1 are the most expensive and Cat 3 are way up near the back so we will be around the middle tier
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 04, 2008, 11:44:30 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 04, 2008, 07:56:13 AM
I dont follow any team (well I have a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday but that shouldnt make a difference) and voted Kaka.
Ronaldo is good but to suggest he is in the worlds top 3 is nuts, theres much better out there.

Would have to agree..Too be honest for anyone to say Ronaldo is a better soccer player than Kaka is crazy in my eyes and they are either voting for him because they are United supporters or they don't know very much about the game..

Same thing surely. ;D