Ladies call for equal rights

Started by AbbeySider, December 03, 2007, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: DMarsden on December 04, 2007, 07:44:43 PM

This board is a waste of time for reasonable discussion on the topic. you don't get finished sensibly discussing the actual detail of the pros and cons of each side of the debate when the next idiot declares

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 04, 2007, 05:14:04 PM
The GPA should have been told to get to f__k, and if their players didn't want to play, tell them to go to f__k to and get in others who are willing to play for their county (not for the money).

Sorry, t'was a bit strong - I was in a pissed off mood when posting it
i usse an speelchekor

Silky

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2007, 01:06:13 PM
The Kildare ladies played a local mix of minors and ex seniors at our club a while back and beat them.
the boys were having a laugh but soon got their arse in gear when they were being beaten.
our senior keeper conceeded 5 unstoppable goals.
the skill levels are improving but the coaching levels aren't. there are lads in charge of ladies teams who wouldn't get a job at a decent junior club!
many of the issues are down to strenght, kicking long range points for many women is not on but their short rang kick passing is usually better than some men.
now im not saying its great or anything and the keepers are usually muck but dont be goin with that totally cliched crap about fat heffers playing.

That says more about the standard of football in Kildare than it does about the standard of Ladies Football.

[/quote]

Still admit I'm a crap goalie but I resent anyone running down my efforts.
[/quote]

I would never run down your efforts Rois but then you aren't asking for a Sports Council/Govt Grant as an elite athlete. Or are you?

I'm all for Ladies Football. It's good healthy activity for ladies and keeps them involved with local clubs. But don't try to tell me they are elite athletes and should get grants for playing!
Sonia O'Sullivan or some of those tennis players are elite athletes.

Rois

:D Er, no, fall slightly short of that category.

Just commenting on Guillem the misogynist hurler's thoughts on the sport. 

Captain Scarlet

[/quote]

That says more about the standard of football in Kildare than it does about the standard of Ladies Football.

[/quote]

Still admit I'm a crap goalie but I resent anyone running down my efforts.
[/quote]

I would never run down your efforts Rois but then you aren't asking for a Sports Council/Govt Grant as an elite athlete. Or are you?

I'm all for Ladies Football. It's good healthy activity for ladies and keeps them involved with local clubs. But don't try to tell me they are elite athletes and should get grants for playing!
Sonia O'Sullivan or some of those tennis players are elite athletes.
[/quote]

thats not fair either, the likes of the cork and mayo women are elite in terms of training and preparation. likewise the camogs.
if cork camogie played some mens hurling teams they would clean them out and these hurlers are eligible for the grant
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ludermor

i work with a girl who plays club football and camogie and camogie for the county.There are some weekends where she had to 3 games. Its not fair to belittle their efforts and this shite about not been physical as men is nonsense, they are different games with different rules.

deiseach

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2007, 05:05:18 PM
thats not fair either, the likes of the cork and mayo women are elite in terms of training and preparation. likewise the camogs.
if cork camogie played some mens hurling teams they would clean them out and these hurlers are eligible for the grant

I find this hard to believe. I'm all for women getting their grant on the same basis as the men, but I don't believe it is sexist to say that women can't compete against men in contact sports.