Ladies call for equal rights

Started by AbbeySider, December 03, 2007, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Shit wobbler ye're an awful disappointment.

I saw your name beside a ladies football thread and couldn't wait to click for the usual dose of vitriol. Are ye going soft?
Don't Panic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 04, 2007, 01:12:20 PM
Before, i start, this is a question to debate - NOT an opinion!

You can argue that the women's teams train/put in just as much effort as the men's teams (i don't know - i can't comment) ........ but do they contribute to the national game to the same degree as their male counterparts? There's definitely not too many going out to watch them play. As 'contribution to the national games' was clearly part of the argument for the men, is the contribution of the women significant/important enough to justify them getting a slice of the cake too?

With that argument case the London footballers, or the Armagh hurlers etc etc would be rules out too.
If its only who draws the crowds and "contributes" you could trim off a good few mens teams too.

Incidentally I see Kilkenny have entered a football team into the O'Byrne cup. Looking for a slice of the action maybe?
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 01:09:06 PM
Are there not certain conditions player have to meet as part of the GPA deal, ie fitness levels.......Could the female players stick to these? Have you ever seen the shape of some of them?

Have u ever seen the shape of Niall Sheridan??? (Although to be fair, he is representitive of most Slashers...  :P)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

feck it
first the vote
now this

they're as bad as them feckin nationalists  ;) :D

RadioGAAGAA

This is exactly why the grants should never have went ahead.

You'll see everyone jump on the bandwagon now wanting some money for themselves.

The GPA should have been told to get to f__k, and if their players didn't want to play, tell them to go to f__k to and get in others who are willing to play for their county (not for the money). The Rubicon has been crossed now - hopefully the head honchos have the wit to jump back quick enough to limit the damage.
i usse an speelchekor

Maguire01

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 04, 2007, 02:24:37 PM
Incidentally I see Kilkenny have entered a football team into the O'Byrne cup. Looking for a slice of the action maybe?

They're fielding a team for the league too. It's only right - they should have been made field a football team for all competitions; all counties enter to the hurling league and championship competitions - why should Kilkenny be an exception.

With regard to the grants issue, it was my understanding that payment was based on involvement in Championship competition only (including T Murphy/C Ring/N Rackard), therefore the O'Byrne cup isn't relevant to this argument.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 04, 2007, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on December 04, 2007, 02:24:37 PM

They're fielding a team for the league too. It's only right - they should have been made field a football team for all competitions; all counties enter to the hurling league and championship competitions - why should Kilkenny be an exception.

With regard to the grants issue, it was my understanding that payment was based on involvement in Championship competition only (including T Murphy/C Ring/N Rackard), therefore the O'Byrne cup isn't relevant to this argument.

Was more of a tongue in cheek question.
Good to hear they are entering the league too. Why not the championship though if they can field teams in the other competitions?
Ask me holy bollix

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 04, 2007, 05:14:04 PM
This is exactly why the grants should never have went ahead.

You'll see everyone jump on the bandwagon now wanting some money for themselves.

The GPA should have been told to get to f__k, and if their players didn't want to play, tell them to go to f__k to and get in others who are willing to play for their county (not for the money). The Rubicon has been crossed now - hopefully the head honchos have the wit to jump back quick enough to limit the damage.

RadioGAAGAA - What is wrong with getting money off the GOVT????????

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 04, 2007, 07:21:47 PM
RadioGAAGAA - What is wrong with getting money off the GOVT????????

That could otherwise have been spent on hospitals or teachers?  ???

Its effectively pay-for-play, no matter what way the GPA and their supporters try and disguise that with semantics, bottom line is, they don't get paid, they don't play.
i usse an speelchekor

DMarsden

This board is a waste of time for reasonable discussion on the topic. you don't get finished sensibly discussing the actual detail of the pros and cons of each side of the debate when the next idiot declares

The GPA should have been told to get to f__k, and if their players didn't want to play, tell them to go to f__k to and get in others who are willing to play for their county (not for the money).

pintsofguinness

You're doing a good job of acting the idiot yourself dmarsden.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

his holiness nb

Quote from: DMarsden on December 04, 2007, 07:44:43 PM

This board is a waste of time for reasonable discussion on the topic. you don't get finished sensibly discussing the actual detail of the pros and cons of each side of the debate when the next idiot declares

The GPA should have been told to get to f__k, and if their players didn't want to play, tell them to go to f__k to and get in others who are willing to play for their county (not for the money).

The trick is to ignore those posts and quote the guys who make good points in their argument against the GPA. Or is that likely?
Its easy to quote the worst written post and use it as representative of the side you are argueing against.
Its also deceptive.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

QuoteSays the man who argued today against Crossmaglen winning club of the year in armagh!

If you've something to say on that I would have thought you'd go on the relevant thread and address me.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Out in Front

In an interview earlier this year Dessie was asked about the plight of camogs and ladies footballers and would the GPA help them.
He said he'd spoken to a number of players from both codes and advised them. He also said he'd have no issue assisting them in setting up their own association or having some sort of link or connection to the GPA and that they'd outline the pitfalls and provide a blueprint and template and that he'd gone on the record to say that on numerous occasions.

Who in ladies football or camogie would step forward to form their own GPA type organisation and would it really have any effect?

his holiness nb

Quote from: Out in Front on December 05, 2007, 12:07:40 AM
In an interview earlier this year Dessie was asked about the plight of camogs and ladies footballers and would the GPA help them.
He said he'd spoken to a number of players from both codes and advised them. He also said he'd have no issue assisting them in setting up their own association or having some sort of link or connection to the GPA and that they'd outline the pitfalls and provide a blueprint and template and that he'd gone on the record to say that on numerous occasions.

Who in ladies football or camogie would step forward to form their own GPA type organisation and would it really have any effect?

To me that reads like a refusal to let them into the GPA, although they are indeed senior, intercounty gaelic football or camogie players.
Ask me holy bollix