Ladies call for equal rights

Started by AbbeySider, December 03, 2007, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Good Jaysus ! we are going to have two GPA's as if it is not bad enough having one.

Sure, the ladies are entitled to something if the men are and Cora and co do not need Dessies advice to get it because from the day that the mens grants are allocated all she needs to see is a High Court judge and her job will be done as quick as you could say "look at the scoreboard".

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

I still think Sean Kelly's Lovely Frock idea was spurned too hastily.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hmmm

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: hmmm on December 04, 2007, 01:22:28 PM
Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 01:09:06 PM
Are there not certain conditions player have to meet as part of the GPA deal, ie fitness levels.......Could the female players stick to these? Have you ever seen the shape of some of them?

You're talking through your hole now. You have no idea of the fitness levels of a senior female player do you?

I am not, im talking through my mouth, take my word for it. I have a fair idea what their fitness levels would be by watching them play matches.

Yeah I'm sure you do  ::)

Guillem2

Wemens football is a complete joke and everybody involved in the GAA knows it. It's just not PC to say so.

It's a bit of a fad for young girls these days, just like the hola hoop, yoga or step aerobics were years ago.
They'll move on to some other fad in a few years.

Ok; so some of them train hard and some of them get fit but that doesn't make you a footballer. There's only 2 or 3 wemen in the whole country that have the skill to play the game properly.

Look at how they have dumbed down the game by changing the rules FFS:

- They don't have proper goal keepers - just some fat girl who flaps at the ball (If you want a real laugh google wemen goalkeepers).
- Tackling isn't allowed.
- Shouldering isn't allowed.
- Kick-outs are taken from the hand.
- Wemen can pick the ball of the ground to make the game less skillful.
- In most club games there are more goals scored than points - just like boys u8s. They even considered making a point worth 3 goals at one stage!

When you consider that the best goal TG4 could find in a wemens match in 2006 was a penalty from the Cork girl Valerie it says it all about standards in wemens football.

The sooner they go back to the yoga or hula hoops the better.

Here's a good self-help book for all those girls who say they want to play Gaelic football

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Sky Blue

Quote from: Guillem2 on December 05, 2007, 04:43:21 PM
Wemens football is a complete joke and everybody involved in the GAA knows it. It's just not PC to say so.

It's a bit of a fad for young girls these days, just like the hola hoop, yoga or step aerobics were years ago.

Ok; so some of them train hard and some of them get fit but that doesn't make you a footballer. There's only 2 or 3 wemen in the whole country that have the skill to play the game properly.

- They don't have proper goal keepers - just some fat girl who flaps at the ball (If you want a real laugh google wemen goalkeepers).
- In most club games there are more goals scored than points - just like boys u8s. They even considered making a point worth 3 goals at one stage!

When you consider that the best goal TG4 could find in a wemens match in 2006 was a penalty from the Cork girl Valerie it says it all about standards in wemens football.

Here's a good self-help book for all those girls who say they want to play Gaelic football

He may not be PC but everything he says about Lady Football is true!

pintsofguinness

I hope you don't think that makes you smart or funny?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Over the Bar

Ladies football just like ladies soccer will never be as physical as men's (and rightly so as nobody wants to see their sis getting busted) but they have to be given credit for their skill & commitment.   

As Gaels we should be proud of our girls and their dedication or maybe Guillem2 etc would prefer them to be more like the fat millies you see hanging around Belfast in their pyjamas?

Aristotle Flynn

Way over the top and no call for it!

Womans football may be very poor quality but they're doing no harm and its good for the wee girls.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

AbbeySider

Its even not about the quality of football. The women are taking part in GAA games and thats whats important.

They share the same love for the game, and are proud of their heritage and of who they are and where they come from.

It shouldnt be knocked like that. Everyone is doing their best.

hmmm

Hilarious...NOT  ::)

Have you even managed a single original line in there?

Rois

Ach sure we wouldn't expect anything less from that clampet who seems to put a whole lot of effort into running down ladies' football and has done for a while.

The contribution to clubs of the ladies' teams that run parallel to the mens teams can't be underestimated.  The provision of gaelic football to girls from under-8 to adult level means that females are more likely to buy into and remain within the gaelic family into their adult life. 
They'll carry this support forward and start the process again with their children, both male and female.

Captain Scarlet

The Kildare ladies played a local mix of minors and ex seniors at our club a while back and beat them.
the boys were having a laugh but soon got their arse in gear when they were being beaten.
our senior keeper conceeded 5 unstoppable goals.
the skill levels are improving but the coaching levels aren't. there are lads in charge of ladies teams who wouldn't get a job at a decent junior club!
many of the issues are down to strenght, kicking long range points for many women is not on but their short rang kick passing is usually better than some men.
now im not saying its great or anything and the keepers are usually muck but dont be goin with that totally cliched crap about fat heffers playing.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rois

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2007, 01:06:13 PM
now im not saying its great or anything and the keepers are usually muck but dont be goin with that totally cliched crap about fat heffers playing.

Agreed, 5'9, healthy BMI and waist-hip ratio, not within the regular definition of "fat".  Still admit I'm a crap goalie but I resent anyone running down my efforts.