Paul Galvin- Kerry Captain

Started by bcarrier, November 11, 2007, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Congratulations To Johnny Mulvhill and Feale Rangers lads.

Galvin now most likely Kerry Captain for the 3 in a row 2008.

magickingdom

as i posted elsewhere, Galvin will be kerry captain next year. 6 of the feale rangers team also won the hurling co final this year with lixnaw. eamon fitzmaurice, brendan Guiney and noel kennelly play for feale rangers and have also played in green and gold. had to feel sorry for bryan sheehan today as he missed a 45 in the closing minutes to tie it up and keep his chance to be kerry captain for next year. this year Galvin won and ai medal, county hurling medal and co football medal which was last done by johnny culloty in 1969.. some achievement

orangeman

Some achievement alright and I'm looking forward to Galvin as captain already !!!! There could be fireworks !!!!

Louth Exile

He's not exactly captain material, is he??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

orangeman

Galvin is sure to give somebody a sore head next year !

CiarraiAbu

Congratulations to the Rangers, a mighty display today from a team who half the county were expecting to go down without a 'fight'!! According to Eamon Fitz's acceptance speech Galvin will Captain Kerry next year, he also mentioned that it would be a three-in-a-row and I for one believe him. At the moment there is no other possible contender as Galvin is the only Ranger on the panel and if per chance that changes between now and next season there is no way the powers that be would have the balls to shaft him.
"Its the way Kerry people answer back" - Captain Declan O' Sullivan 2007

orangeman

Will Eamon Fitz be back next year ?

Frank Casey

As a South Kerry man I was very disappointed with the loss. I thought at the end we were going to get a draw but it wasn't meant to be. I feel doubly sorry for Bryan Sheehan. He had a late chance with a 45 but it went astray. He won the county final last year with a monster late kick.

As for Galvin as captain - I've a feeling that Billy Morgan must have had a vision that this was coming and thats why he announced his departure during the week.

I wish Paul the best of luck next year. I wonder will he quote from his little black book on the steps of the Hogan Stand next September. Twould be some speech.
KERRY 3:7

magickingdom

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 09:41:10 PM
Will Eamon Fitz be back next year ?

dont think eamon fitzmaurice will be back, he scored the winning point today and played well. maurice fitzgerald came on for s kerry in the second half and you can take it to the bank it was his last game. also as the kerry gaa are moving ground in the near future it was probably the last county final in austin stacks park, so an historic day in all..

Tyrones own

Fair play to Galvin alright, some achievement!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

magickingdom

Quote from: Frank Casey on November 11, 2007, 10:09:04 PM
As a South Kerry man I was very disappointed with the loss. I thought at the end we were going to get a draw but it wasn't meant to be. I feel doubly sorry for Bryan Sheehan. He had a late chance with a 45 but it went astray. He won the county final last year with a monster late kick.

As for Galvin as captain - I've a feeling that Billy Morgan must have had a vision that this was coming and thats why he announced his departure during the week.

I wish Paul the best of luck next year. I wonder will he quote from his little black book on the steps of the Hogan Stand next September. Twould be some speech.

they just never got going today frank...

orangeman

What age is Maurice Fitz now ? What is his football like now ?

Frank Casey

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 10:14:33 PM
What age is Maurice Fitz now ? What is his football like now ?

Maurice is 38 next month. His appearance today was probably his last.

orangeman

Does he still have the class he had ? Jesus but he was as good as I EVER seen - a class act !

Frank Casey

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 10:20:36 PM
Does he still have the class he had ? Jesus but he was as good as I EVER seen - a class act !

Class is permanent. Unfortunately body is not.