Paul Galvin- Kerry Captain

Started by bcarrier, November 11, 2007, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 10:20:36 PM
Does he still have the class he had ? Jesus but he was as good as I EVER seen - a class act !

he will always be a class act!

orangeman

It's a shame we never got to see more of him ! What about that day in Croke Park against Armagh in 2001 ???

Pangurban

Dont expect Galvin to dignify the position, reasonable footballer he may be, sportsman he is not

Frank Casey

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 10:27:50 PM
It's a shame we never got to see more of him ! What about that day in Croke Park against Armagh in 2001 ???

The 2000 semi final replay against Armagh. Soloed the ball with the right foot, drop kicked with the left into the railway goal.

That point against Dublin in Thurles with Tommy Carr whispering in his ear.

His 1997 final against Mayo.

Getting 10 points against Cork in the 1992 Munster Championship.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
KERRY 3:7

orangeman

1997 will never be erased from my memory - left foot free kick at Hogan stand side - left foot - out near the sideline - outrageous ! Pure brilliance - and then to top it all - the sideline kick over the bar from about 70 yards !

magickingdom

Quote from: Pangurban on November 11, 2007, 10:29:37 PM
Dont expect Galvin to dignify the position, reasonable footballer he may be, sportsman he is not

expect to be surprised, he's a great leader. he also loves kerry football and it will be a huge honor for him.

dodo

Quote from: orangeman on November 11, 2007, 10:37:36 PM
1997 will never be erased from my memory - left foot free kick at Hogan stand side - left foot - out near the sideline - outrageous ! Pure brilliance - and then to top it all - the sideline kick over the bar from about 70 yards !

Ye ye ye, undoubtedly a class apart.......but in fairness he was being 'marked' that day by Pat Holmes and the only time he touched him was at the full time whistle to congratulate him. And don't give me the he couldn't get near him to touch him story, Holmes played like an adoring fan that day.  :(

Owenmoresider

As if there wasn't reason enough to hope Kerry lose next year, the thought of that **** lifting Sam caps it off. The contrast between him and Maurice Fitz is huge, a true legend and a class act, unfortunately for him most of his Kerry playing days were in the 'famine' period.

mannix

Not even a patch of the sportman that fitzgerald was, not too fond of him.He is perfect though to combat the rougher teams from the north and the dubs so I suppose he has his uses.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

I actually think Galvin will do well as Kerry captain. It could be the crowning of him. People speaking negatively of him should also remember for all he dishes out he takes a fair bit of it himself - both on and off the field.

IolarCoisCuain

You said it Seánie. Paul Galvin would stroll onto any county team in the country, and there isn't one of us that wouldn't be glad to have him. Best of luck to him in his captaincy. I'll even feel for him when Mayo bate them at last.  ;)

Louth Exile

NEWSFLASH

Following the news that Paul Galvin is due to captain the kingdom, a number of counties have today confirmed who their 2008 football captains will be. These announcements have happened despite some counties being currently without a manager. The captains for the relevant counties will be as follows:
Meath - Graham Geraghty
Tyrone - Ryan Mc Menamin
Laois - Colm Parkinson
Cork - Noel O'Leary

It is expected that their will soon be further announcements once they have evaluated their situation and decided is who is their most suitable gurrier captain
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

5 Sams

f**k it I would love a few gurriers like that on our team :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2007, 03:21:45 PM
f**k it I would love a few gurriers like that on our team :-\

I have to admit that must of us would, not as captain though
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com