Murdering Babies

Started by pintsofguinness, November 01, 2007, 07:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/31/nabort131.xml&page=1
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2776834.ece?token=null&offset=0

What sort of society do we live in where people find it, not only perfectly acceptable to murder babies, but they want to make it as easy as possible!   
Makes my blood boil.

I wonder will we ever have it in Ireland.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Abortion as birth control is repugnant.

I don't know if we'll ever have it in Ireland. The pressure to legalize it isn't there due to the relief valve that England presents.

ziggysego

I think abortion is disgusting. If a girl has an unwanted pregnancy, she should be made to carry the baby for the full term and then up the baby up for adoption.

The only acceptions are if she was raped or the mother's life is in danger.
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ziggysego on November 01, 2007, 07:53:18 PM
I think abortion is disgusting. If a girl has an unwanted pregnancy, she should be made to carry the baby for the full term and then up the baby up for adoption.

Was going to give my view but you took the words right out of my mouth.

his holiness nb

Spot on Ziggy, 100% agree.

Unfortunately theres a tiny minority making a lot of noise about this and I fear it will be legalised here soon.
I hope I'm wrong.
Ask me holy bollix

J70

What are the rates of abortion among Irish women like compared to other countries (or is such data even available given that they have to go abroad)? Is its illegality in Ireland beside the point, or do Irish women actually have lower rates of abortion?

pintsofguinness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Ireland
QuoteA June 2007 TNS mrbi poll found that 43% supported legal abortion if a woman believed it was in her best interest, while 51% remained opposed. 82% favoured legalization for cases when the woman's life is in danger, 75% when the fetus cannot survive outside the womb and 73% when the pregnancy results from sexual abuse.

QuoteIn July 2007 the [Irish Times[1]] readers Head to Head poll asked the question "Is it time to legislate for abortion in Ireland?" the result showed that 62% were against this and voted No. 38% voted yes.

The Real Laoislad

I echo everyones comments thus far..I think abortion is an awful awful thing..
There is a family member of mine who has being trying to concieve a child with her husband for 6 years now without success and for her to read about women having abortions and basically killing the new life inside of them while she isn't able have kids at the moment is very hard on her as she wants nothing more in the world than to have a child
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FL/MAYO

It is easy to come on here and give your views on abortion, but if you do not understand each persons reason for getting an abortion you should not be preaching about it. Who are the people that are going to adopt all these children that you suggest should be given up for adoption. It takes a special person to adopt a child and unless you are prepared to do go out and adopt then you better come up with some other solution to the problem before casting stones.  Abortion is a choice that I am sure is the last option for most (not all) of the people that receive them.
I am sure this view will be a minority and unpopular one on this board but I am sick of people (mostly men for some reason) preaching to me on this issue.

The Real Laoislad

Whose preaching fl/mayo everyone is just giving their opinion the same as you are,Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion doesn't give you the right to tell them they shouldn't express their opinion
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

MAYO, if a woman decides to have an adoption, I will not preach her on the matter.

However, I will express my opinion.
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2007, 08:45:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Ireland
QuoteA June 2007 TNS mrbi poll found that 43% supported legal abortion if a woman believed it was in her best interest, while 51% remained opposed. 82% favoured legalization for cases when the woman's life is in danger, 75% when the fetus cannot survive outside the womb and 73% when the pregnancy results from sexual abuse.

QuoteIn July 2007 the [Irish Times[1]] readers Head to Head poll asked the question "Is it time to legislate for abortion in Ireland?" the result showed that 62% were against this and voted No. 38% voted yes.

Did they define "best interest"?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: FL/MAYO on November 01, 2007, 08:53:32 PM
It is easy to come on here and give your views on abortion, but if you do not understand each persons reason for getting an abortion you should not be preaching about it. Who are the people that are going to adopt all these children that you suggest should be given up for adoption. It takes a special person to adopt a child and unless you are prepared to do go out and adopt then you better come up with some other solution to the problem before casting stones.  Abortion is a choice that I am sure is the last option for most (not all) of the people that receive them.
I am sure this view will be a minority and unpopular one on this board but I am sick of people (mostly men for some reason) preaching to me on this issue.

What reason, with the exception of the mother's life being at risk, could possibly justify an abortion?

Not that I know of J70

FL/MAYO

There is one post on here that in my opinion sounds like they are preaching and that is the first one. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have no issues with that.

J70

Quote from: FL/MAYO on November 01, 2007, 09:01:25 PM
There is one post on here that in my opinion sounds like they are preaching and that is the first one. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have no issues with that.

Pints asks a fair question. There is no getting around the fact that abortion involves the death of a baby.