When did you first join gaaboard.com?

Started by Farrandeelin, October 24, 2007, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger

I seem to remember having a chat with Seanie and telling him I was dying for Tyrone to hammer Armagh just to see what Fearon would say.  ;D

Good aul night. BNM and the Muppet there as well.

Joined in 2001 and haven't been around as much mainly because of work. I lurk a bit when I can. I still don't think the board is as good craic as it was back then - the slide for me came when the OWC boys arrived and we had threads 30 pages long answering questions with questions. I didn't even know there was a quote function before Sammy and the lads came on. To be fair, that kind of invective seems to be gone and it's nice to see some of those posters become valued members.

ziggysego

I met someone at a wedding in 2005. We were both chatting about the Ulster Final reply at Croke Park, which was to be played the following morning. But grumbling about the timing of the game / wedding, but enjoying the craic non-the-less.

We then started chatting about the internet and the craic on-line... again the conversation came back to the GAA. I started chatting about the gaaboard.com and the on-eejit Tony Fearon. Turns out it was Tony's good mate, heganboy!  :D
Testing Accessibility

LaurelEye

May 2003. Told about it by Shamrock Shore (or John Doheny as he then was...)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

muppet

A load of the Mayo posters here met up a couple of years ago. Flying Doctor, Stephenite, Towinjustonce, DustinforTaoiseach etc and despite not knowing each other and having had the odd flaming session it was great craic. We should do it again.

Barney didn't show though, even though it was his idea.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2007, 01:42:47 PM
A load of the Mayo posters here met up a couple of years ago. Flying Doctor, Stephenite, Towinjustonce, DustinforTaoiseach etc and despite not knowing each other and having had the odd flaming session it was great craic. We should do it again.

Sounds like a good idea muppett. Where did you meet ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

aontroim abu

Born November 13 2006
Died (Retired) October 25 2007

An Lark

I've been on here in its various guises since 1997. Was called either The Lark or An Lark.

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 25, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2007, 01:42:47 PM

Sounds like a good idea muppett. Where did you meet ?

Mulligans seems to be the pub of choice of this website and a good one it is too.
MWWSI 2017

mannix

I joined in september 1951,just after Mayo won their latest title.How time has flown by and things have changed.They even have gaaboard.com on computer now.

downredblack

Joined in 2005 , before the Mckenna cup had started . Dared to voice support for POR and got slaughtered , ( The Paddy's cheerleader comment stung  :()

AZOffaly

As far as I know, I've met LoneShark, Turk and Bordnamona man, but that's cheating because I went to school with two of them. Of the non-Offaly lads I've met Billy's Boots, Kerry Mike, GalwayBayRedHand, although I don't know if he posts anymore.

Hopefully I'll meet SammyG in London at the American Football.

Farrandeelin

I've met mayoman dan a few times ;). I actually was the person who introduced him to this gaaboard phenomenon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Croí na hÉireann

I've had the misfortune of playing ball with Mayo4Sam  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mannix on October 25, 2007, 02:12:17 PM
I joined in september 1951,just after Mayo won their latest title.How time has flown by and things have changed.They even have gaaboard.com on computer now.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rav67

i hadn't heard about the board till the spring and joined around June.  I did already know of T Fearon through his numerous letters in the Irish News where he continously went over the exact same shite he still does with a NI fan called Sport for All