When did you first join gaaboard.com?

Started by Farrandeelin, October 24, 2007, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

during the summer of 2005, when i first got a job in front of a pc!

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Kerry Mike

QuoteHalfway through Armagh's first campaign in 2002.

Should that read "Halfway through Armagh's only campaign in 2002"

Joined meself shortly after 1903 when Thady O'Gorman led us to the first of 35 football titles or was it around 1998 I joined, my mind is all a haze.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

dodo

Star Spangler

Louth Exile

I only came across and joined in March this year. Something I was always curious about was how people came across the board??
I basically stumbled across it from a link on an effin eddie website!! What about the rest of ye??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Think I found out about it when the 1st weekly gaelic paper the game came out. It had quotes from the board with peoples opinion on the paper.

inisceithleann

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 24, 2007, 09:54:29 PM
I only came across and joined in March this year. Something I was always curious about was how people came across the board??
I basically stumbled across it from a link on an effin eddie website!! What about the rest of ye??

Lived with a fella from Tyrone who was always on the board but never posted anything. He told me about it in 2004 and he still hasn't posted anything!
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

blast05

I had always thought late summer 96 but realised when a similar topic to this came up before that it must have been Sept/Oct 97 before i joined. I think i may have been observing very very occassionally prior to that from a year earlier or maybe i'm just losing it. Have had a few different names

muppet

September 2001. Bought a house in July, bought a PC in August and ended up in here in Sept. I was The Muppet and then just Muppet.

Of the most active then Fearon, O'Neill and Magpie Seanie are still prolific. Sonny disappeared, Easytiger hardly ever appears and Barney has gone very quiet.

There was a Gadderin the night before the 2003 (2002?) AIF. Seanie, Easytiger, Bordnamonaman, Ig (is that you Lone Shark?) and a few others who refused to identify their posting names showed up.

A certain T Fearon never appeared having announced that he would. He probably got the date wrong.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 24, 2007, 09:01:07 PM
Just checked on the old Board. 

Joined November 2002. 

Outed in August 2004.

How did you check TYP...?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009