Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 25, 2010, 08:39:23 PM
My reviews are in high demand and I am at best self employed these days in a recession so I have a lot of time to burn.

Nothing wrong with that!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

went to see valentines day............ WORST film ever, never been so bored.... i do not know why the people in the cinema was laughin....

a waste of two hrs that i will never get back!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Quote from: vav on February 24, 2010, 11:28:01 PM
Went to see Lovely Bones tonight.. absolutely brilliant film, would definitely recommend it.. want to read the book now!

Superb book, read it a few years ago.

Denn Forever

Saw The Crazies today. 

Not usually one for Horror/Terror movies.  I watched some of this through my fingers but it was an unpretentious movie.  An enjoyable romp.

There was blood.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Watched the Notebook last night, good show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

just watching forgetting sarah marshall its actually not bad...

russel brands character is quite funny.... sarcastic/dry... my favourite type of humour!

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on March 03, 2010, 01:24:53 AM
just watching forgetting sarah marshall its actually not bad...

russel brands character is quite funny.... sarcastic/dry... my favourite type of humour!

Got it on DVD recently, for what it is, it's very funny. Much funnier than I was expecting it to be. Russell was basically playing himself though. Your fella from The Big Bang Theory was good it it too.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

eh?

do u mean jason segal.... he's in how i met ur mother! he wrote the film... should be in more comedys... is he in i love you man?

ziggysego

Eh, yeah - Jason. He was good. Thought I heard somewhere he wrote it, but wasn't sure.

Anyway, that glaring error means it's past my bedtime. Night leenie.
Testing Accessibility

AbbeySider

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2010, 09:02:07 AM
Watched the Notebopok last night, good show.

The Notebook?
I want to ask, are you male or female?
Did you watch it with the other half?

I got "Notebooked" too in the past, but it was a social experiment on herself to see whould she cry.
And she was hysterical. And I mean hysterical!

nrico2006

I am male.  I also watched it with the other half.  But it was actually me who wanted to watch it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2010, 10:09:59 AM
I am male.  I also watched it with the other half.  But it was actually me who wanted to watch it.
Did you cry?

nrico2006

There would be something wrong with me if I hadn't.

ziggysego

Thinking of heading to see Alice in Wonderland at the weekend. Apparently it's more like the book and not Disney, so really dark. Has anyone heard any reviews from stateside? Or have any of our US residents seen it yet?

Truth beknown, I want to see the Doctor Who 3D teaser before the film too  ;D
Testing Accessibility

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 03, 2010, 12:50:36 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2010, 10:09:59 AM
Did you cry?

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2010, 01:25:27 PM
There would be something wrong with me if I hadn't.

:D
Ah come on, its not that sad?!

But seriously, every female I talk to cried during it (well more towards the end).