Author Topic: Farming.  (Read 31839 times)

Hereiam

• View Profile
Re: Farming.
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2018, 11:22:44 AM »
So details are starting to come out about how the CAP payment is going to be dealt with after Brexit. The current form will continue for 5 years after brexit but the government are going to look after the largest land owners first and foremost with the new policies they plan to indtroduce after the 5 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42559845

Largest UK land owners are:

1. The Forestry Commission
2. The National Trust
3. Defence Estates, for the Ministry of Defence
4. The Pension Funds
5. Utilities: water,electricity, railways
6. The Crown Estate
7. The RSPB
8. The Duke of Buccleuch & Queensberry

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/country-life/who-owns-britain-top-uk-landowners-20178

These 8 own a total of approx 2 million acres of land which at the moment is taking in some dough from europe.

I don't see where the beef/milk/sheep farmers are going to benefit from growing wild flower meadows

Mayo4Sam

• John Says Keep The Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:09 PM »
Any full time farmers on the board?

Actually, I was telling your dad I’m thinking of going back in milking full time

On a separate note, an argument on a different thread brought up VAT, any farmers on here registered for VAT? And if so how come?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerrykeegan

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2018, 08:26:50 AM »
Farmers who have an annual turnover of 41k  from intra-community acquisitions must register. If you brought in equipment from somewhere in the EU
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »
Up in the north I would say most farmers are registered for VAT. I am anyway

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »
Up in the north I would say most farmers are registered for VAT. I am anyway

Yeah in the North and VAT registered.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2019, 09:11:37 PM »
Two questions:

1. Have a patch of land. Tall trees at bottom, which are getting a bit big and awkward. Probably would need to come down. But, if one were to fall/was blown into a neighbouring field, who’s responsibility is it to clear it?

Also, if it were to fall and damage neighbours fencing, would I have to pay for or carry out the repairs?

2. Those same trees, if I were to cut them down low, say 6-10 foot from the ground. Would they grow new branches/leaves, for a lower cover/shelter? The trees are sycamore, birch and a kind of poplar, I think.

Any advice welcome.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »
Two questions:

1. Have a patch of land. Tall trees at bottom, which are getting a bit big and awkward. Probably would need to come down. But, if one were to fall/was blown into a neighbouring field, who’s responsibility is it to clear it?

Also, if it were to fall and damage neighbours fencing, would I have to pay for or carry out the repairs?

2. Those same trees, if I were to cut them down low, say 6-10 foot from the ground. Would they grow new branches/leaves, for a lower cover/shelter? The trees are sycamore, birch and a kind of poplar, I think.

Any advice welcome.

You would have to be responsible for any damage. No?

There’s no guarantee the trees will stay topped. Sycamores grow and grow from every angle.

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Your neighbour would claim off his insurance co for any damage from your trees. His insurance co will likely chase yours. Your renewal premium will likely go up. You pay in the long run.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2019, 11:03:51 PM »
Your neighbour would claim off his insurance co for any damage from your trees. His insurance co will likely chase yours. Your renewal premium will likely go up. You pay in the long run.

Hmm, i don’t have insurance. Land not attached to the house. Just a patch of land in the country, with nothing in it at the minute.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2019, 09:04:46 AM »
Anyone rising new spuds yet?

Had some of the Da in laws last night and they were big.

Good growing weather it seems.