Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Watched Interstellar and Walk among the tombstones. Both a bit Meh.

Have Kill the messenger lined up for tonight.

The Iceman

Really enjoyed Jurassic World. Plenty of action, laughs and a good ending. Special effects were flawless.

Watched Focus and turned it off after about 40 mins. Didn't see where it was headed...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nrico2006

Focus was poor, Will Smith films were always very good but recently they have went downhill.

Watched Nightcrawler last night, very good show with Gyllenhaal giving some performance, creepy boy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Soup an Samajiz

Really looking forward to Southpaw, Gyllenhaal brilliant in just about everything he does
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

laoislad

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 21, 2015, 08:45:54 AM
Really looking forward to Southpaw, Gyllenhaal brilliant in just about everything he does
The trailers looks class. He's in some shape for it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 21, 2015, 08:17:13 AM
Focus was poor, Will Smith films were always very good but recently they have went downhill.

Watched Nightcrawler last night, very good show with Gyllenhaal giving some performance, creepy boy.
Reminds me of you in your younger days when you sported a pair of curtains. That and the creepiness.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 21, 2015, 01:48:05 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 21, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

Reminds me of you in your younger days when you sported a pair of curtains. That and the creepiness.

Like a young Ryan Giggs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Soup an Samajiz

The Revenant - just saw the trailer lastnight... looks like that first Oscar for diCaprio (again)..
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

CD

Quote from: Hereiam on July 11, 2015, 02:30:56 PM
Watched Fury last nite. 6/10 for me. Thought it was a pointless and unrealistic. The last battle scene was just stupid
4/10 for Fury. Finally watched it last night. Is it just me or does Brad Pitt look like Chris Waddle? scenes and conversations that weren't year appropriate, all been done before only slightly better. Pitt a bit of a one trick pony and the other cast members weren't likeable in any way shape or form. Interstellar tonight
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Feckitt

Donkey Punch was on Film 4 the other night.  Your wan is class!  :-*

screenexile

Quote from: Feckitt on July 22, 2015, 10:02:25 AM
Donkey Punch was on Film 4 the other night.  Your wan is class!  :-*

Rule number 1!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Not a recommendation but a trailer for an upcoming film that will surely raise the ire of a few board members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jw6tasomc

Canalman

Seen 12 Monkeys again at the weekend for a long time. Still scratching my head as to whether it is good or bad. ................... same as the first time I saw it years ago.

Watched Taffin again for the first time I'd say in 20 years. All about unscrupulous property developers/ corruption/ environmental pollution etc. Filmed in the 1980s and a bit like watching reeling in the years with the old cars, the darth vader mycro hurling helmets etc. Some amount of well known Irish actors in it.

laoislad

Quote from: Canalman on August 31, 2015, 11:37:45 AM
Seen 12 Monkeys again at the weekend for a long time. Still scratching my head as to whether it is good or bad. ................... same as the first time I saw it years ago.
It's a TV series now also which is ok.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rawhide

Watched 'The Judge' recently, thought it was a super movie, Robert Downey jun and Robert Duvall, some combo.
cccc is a true supporter lol