Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2015, 08:54:11 AM
Project Almanac is a good show for any time travel fans out there.
What about for those of us who have never time travelled before?
The future doesnt look good :)

nrico2006

Going by that frock you were wearing on Saturday I'd say you definitely have.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Don't bother watching it as its shite.
It was like a Disney kids film.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Watched Unbroken and The Drop over weekend. Two good movies. The drop based on Denis Lehane short novel.

5 Sams

Havent seen it in years but just watched Black Hawk Down again in HD. Superb movie.
The Aristocrat Years

Windmill abu

Watched "The Gunman" starring Sean Penn, Xavier Bardem & Ray Whinstone, last night. These actors are way too good for this very run of the mill plot. Sean Penn has seriously bulked up for this role. It looks like he is trying to join the over 50 action heroes who are currently in vogue. The film is 4/10 at best.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 04, 2015, 08:22:19 PM
Watched "The Gunman" starring Sean Penn, Xavier Bardem & Ray Whinstone, last night. These actors are way too good for this very run of the mill plot. Sean Penn has seriously bulked up for this role. It looks like he is trying to join the over 50 action heroes who are currently in vogue. The film is 4/10 at best.

Saw the ad on tv.  More than enough.

AZOffaly

I saw Fury there on Sky Movies. Good yarn. Also watched Saving Private Ryan again. Jaysus that Normandy scene is brutal in SPR.

Slight tangent, is there any safe torrents site I could use to download a few movies and things for holidays for the kids? I had bittorrent before, but I'm not sure if it's safe to use. I'll probably be downloading on a work laptop, so i'd like to avoid viruses and the like :)

Alternatively, any equivalent for iOS?

Canalman

Saw the  Wicker Man at the weekend . Years since I seen it previously . Has aged well . Top top film.

JoG2

Ex Machina. Wife really enjoyed it, I thought it was just alright

The first Spongebob Squarepants with junior...good craic

Orior

Watched The Three Stooges at the weekend.

It must have been the brain child of an enthusiast. A fair attempt but not as good as the original.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

CD

Watched a few movies this week as we're on holidays. I have a load of movies downloaded that I've never got around to watching. Started with '71 - 5/10. Fairly enjoyable although it made me a bit cross in places. Guardians of the Galaxy - 2/10. That's pure rubbish but I find Chris Pratt funny. Pride - 6/10 - harmless enough and very watchable movie. Noah - 0/10 - what were you thinking Russell?? The worst movie I've seen in a very, very long time. Big Hero 6 - 6.5/10 - Really enjoyable - shamelessly set up for a shed-load of merchandising and a sequel or two. Delivery Man - 5/10 - A couple of laughs, not as painful as it could have been and again, enjoyed Chris Pratt.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

CD

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 06, 2015, 11:56:22 AM
I saw Fury there on Sky Movies. Good yarn. Also watched Saving Private Ryan again. Jaysus that Normandy scene is brutal in SPR.

Slight tangent, is there any safe torrents site I could use to download a few movies and things for holidays for the kids? I had bittorrent before, but I'm not sure if it's safe to use. I'll probably be downloading on a work laptop, so i'd like to avoid viruses and the like :)

Alternatively, any equivalent for iOS?

I use Bitlord. Easy to install and use. There's an uploader called YIFY who is always safe
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Hereiam

Good old YIFY
Watched Spy last night as it was the wife's turn to pick. Silly in places but had some laugh out moments and was enjoyable enough. Your woman Melissa McCarthy is funny 7/10

gallsman

YIFY is fantastic.

CD, are you mental?! Guardians was outrageously good!