Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2007, 10:20:15 PM
Is it worth £35.00stg? 
went into game this evening seen it and the hurling for 35.00 I thought I'd leave it!
Are they having a laugh?

pro evo was £25.00! 

Seems dear alright POG.As for the games..I would definatly recommend the Hurling game i find it very enjoyable,While not perfect and not of the same standard as Pro Evo or Fifa it is a decent first effort and very playable
The Football game is also much improved and as with the Hurling game its not perfect but it is a great improvement on the first game..
If you just want to buy one of them i would tell you to get the Hurling one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Reports sound favourable enough then? Bought the first Football game just for novelty value and enjoyed it as such but would need to be sure the new one is a genuine improvement before I spend another £30 on it. Similarly the Hurling one is tempting and I know a few shinty fans who would buy it given its as close as they'll get to a PS2 game for their sport....but only if its not a crock of scheidt ???

tintin25

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2007, 03:47:47 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on November 09, 2007, 03:07:52 PM
Lads, the bottom line is that this game will be complete and utter shite! Anyone who played the first Gaelic Game will know what I'm on about! Please don't be so foolish to buy this crap! As someone said before, I pity the old folk who'll prob buy it for the grandkids for xmas thinking it's an ideal pressie when really it's piss.

ok then boss - I won't buy it  ::)

Couldn't care less what you do. Just giving my opinion.

Louth Exile

OK, I have played both games now. The football one is an improvement but still not great, there is significant improvement with the scoring, this addition though is what really makes the hurling game worth a shot. Points are very scoreable in the hurling and this for me makes it a better game than the football.

Nice to have the clubs in, even if they have just put down names of towns and villages. Nice to see that they have Dromiskin in it, but the Darver lads from the other side of the parish won't like that  :D. Its a bit daft, of all the towns listed in Meath, they don't have Navan and some of the Louth teams are intermediate and junior sides  ::)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Spent a fair few hours playing the PS2 over the weekend and I have to say I give both games the thumbs up  :)
If you really hated the last one, you are probably still going to hate this one, but the football is definitely a major improvement. Because you can edit the club teams it didn't take me long to change the names of the ten teams in Louth and give them the right colours, changed the names of the players on my own club as well (childish I know) Its a bit of craic and doing a training session is worthwhile for helping you to get to grips with it. As well as vast improvments on the scoring of points, it is much easier to catch a ball and also to play long ball down the field. I wasn't convinced initially, but after a few games you can definitely see the improvments. Maybe I'm just easily pleased!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bogball XV

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 11, 2007, 09:03:57 PM
Spent a fair few hours playing the PS2 over the weekend and I have to say I give both games the thumbs up  :)
If you really hated the last one, you are probably still going to hate this one, but the football is definitely a major improvement. Because you can edit the club teams it didn't take me long to change the names of the ten teams in Louth and give them the right colours, changed the names of the players on my own club as well (childish I know) Its a bit of craic and doing a training session is worthwhile for helping you to get to grips with it. As well as vast improvments on the scoring of points, it is much easier to catch a ball and also to play long ball down the field. I wasn't convinced initially, but after a few games you can definitely see the improvments. Maybe I'm just easily pleased!
Can the changes be saved?  If I remember rightly, last time they couldn't really be.
I've played a few games over at a mates, it's better alright, but.....   I don't know lads, i hate the shooting personally, goals are fine and you get get some clinkers, but i don't think the new point shooting mechanism is up to much.
Why doesn't some bright spark go to Konami and offer them a few euro for the rights to Pro Evo 1 or something, take that and adapt it into football - I can't see myself parting with money for this, but it's grand for a few games now and then - definitely a big improvement, maybe that was always their game, give us the worst shite possible first time out, anything will be an improvement?

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 11, 2007, 09:17:15 PM
Make sure you Dromiskin dont win the County Championship, they`ll go on the rip for a month afterwards  :D
If any Darver lads look at this board they'd be glad to know that I renamed us.
Its strange I did win the Louth championship, sneaked past the Dreadnots, Mattock and the Blues, tore the Pats a new one in the final.
Met the Meath champions in the first round of the leinster and boys seemed to be out on their feet, I just couldn't understand it  :D

marty88

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2007, 10:20:15 PM
Is it worth £35.00stg? 
went into game this evening seen it and the hurling for 35.00 I thought I'd leave it!
Are they having a laugh?

pro evo was £25.00! 

Were the hell are u buying it?
£26 each in Smiths or £50 for the two!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Owenmoresider

Yep, a clear improvement, though still not in the league of FIFA or Pro Evo (according to common opinion, but I've never been keen on it), but it's not frustrating like Mk. 1, and the hurling is a decent first effort too. Was able to deliver Sam to Sligo with the dream outcome - yictory over Mayo in the AIF!

The clubs addition is good, even though they didn't put too much thought into the actual clubs themselves, but as it can be changed that doesn't matter too much.

his holiness nb

Have to wait till christmas as its on Mrs Santas list, can anyone do me the favour of posting the lists of clubs from Meath and Dublin available on this game?
Ask me holy bollix

the milkman

Have they got the players names in this one, or is it still numbers?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the milkman on November 13, 2007, 06:00:33 PM
Have they got the players names in this one, or is it still numbers?

Players names but not the real players names..
My name actually appears in the Carlow football team and the Tipp Hurling team!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

How you finding the games now LL?  The novelty wore off yet?
Can you save your progression, for example can Laois take the longed for 5 in a row, or is it still a on a one season only basis?  Do players improve as the season/their career progresses?

Gaaboardmod3

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 13, 2007, 08:37:17 PM
How you finding the games now LL?  The novelty wore off yet?
Can you save your progression, for example can Laois take the longed for 5 in a row, or is it still a on a one season only basis?  Do players improve as the season/their career progresses?

There is  manager mode which i haven't played yet and i would assume your players should get better as the season progresses..
Yeah you can save your progress too..
I think the games are grand.I wasn't expecting much too be honest and they aren't Pro Evo or Fifa standard but they are very playable and the football game isn't as frustrating as the last version..
I really like the Hurling game very good for a first effort
You'll Never Walk Alone.