Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

the demo on RTE news lastnight looked shocking lads! i think after their first attempt which i purchased, i might just give this one a miss.
Grand Slam Saturday!

tintin25

Lads, the bottom line is that this game will be complete and utter shite! Anyone who played the first Gaelic Game will know what I'm on about! Please don't be so foolish to buy this crap! As someone said before, I pity the old folk who'll prob buy it for the grandkids for xmas thinking it's an ideal pressie when really it's piss.

Star Spangler

Quote from: marty88 on November 09, 2007, 02:28:41 AM
i played the hurling today, its very good. Well worth the money. Hope the football is as good
That's good to hear.  Anyone try to the football game yet?  There seems to be a lot of opinion on it from people who haven't seen it!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Star Spangler on November 09, 2007, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: marty88 on November 09, 2007, 02:28:41 AM
i played the hurling today, its very good. Well worth the money. Hope the football is as good
That's good to hear.  Anyone try to the football game yet?  There seems to be a lot of opinion on it from people who haven't seen it!

That's because this time 2 years ago we rushed out to purchase version 1, after the novelty wore off, I'd say about 2hrs laters, after we'd figured out the controls, by the next day, we realised we had been conned - the gaa took the wrong option by going with IRgurus, Laoislad had warned us that the aussie rules games were crap, we didn't believe him, this time I'm not making the same mistake.  I will not buy either game because the first effort was so bad that anything based on that would have to be total shite.
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 09, 2007, 11:39:24 AM
Why dont they do the Pro Evo job where they have fake names that are similar to the real player names.  I better not be looking at a team sheet with names such as no. 10, no 11 etc like the last game.  Im finding it really hard to not go out and get these games, but I will eventually, any of ye played it yet lads?
That was really, really f**king lazy from the developers, I mean they could have made up names, Murphy, Kelly, O'Shea, O'Hara.......

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: tintin25 on November 09, 2007, 03:07:52 PM
Lads, the bottom line is that this game will be complete and utter shite! Anyone who played the first Gaelic Game will know what I'm on about! Please don't be so foolish to buy this crap! As someone said before, I pity the old folk who'll prob buy it for the grandkids for xmas thinking it's an ideal pressie when really it's piss.

ok then boss - I won't buy it  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Just in from work and i picked up both games on way home..About to give them a go now.Will report later!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Have to say lads my first impressions of the Hurling game are very good...
Especially when played in the Broadcast camera angle it's excellent i have to say,Controls are a bit tricky and the commentry is still fairly dull but the gameplay looks quite good,Granted i only played two games though,Offaly beat me and  i was Kilkenny so thats not too realistic  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 09, 2007, 05:00:22 PM
Have a go at the football game LL.

Football is only for the lads that can't Hurl  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Oh meant to add they have made up players names so it's a bit better than No.1 No.2 etc
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Lads have too say Football aint too bad either..Once again if you use the Broadcast camera angle it's almost like a Fifa game..The scoring is much harder than the last version though but that could be a good thing.The tackling has improved greatly and you can now do a diving block tackle
Dublin beat me by a point i was Laois in the last minute with a free kick that was never a free in front of the Hill so quite realistic there  ;)
I remember my first impression of the first Football game was oh god what a load of shite but i have to say this is a major improvment
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

There was some goading alright and i think i saw Pillars youngfella on the pitch at the end  :D
The Hill was covered in a mysterious white substance and only filled up half way thru the first half  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 09, 2007, 11:17:58 AM
Quote from: OdoSkimodo on November 09, 2007, 09:32:21 AM

Think that referred to an interview with that mess dessie farrell where he said that the game was worse of for not having official GPA recognition and therefore players names. In other words dessie was whinging about a pie that he wasn't able to stick his podgy finger in
Whilst I cannae stand the GPA, I agree that with Dessie on this one, although, that said there are a number of inter-county players who are not GPA members, perhaps they would have given up their 'image' rights for free?

I'd be of the exact same opinion as you Bogball

Thanks for the reviews LL, thats it I'm going to buy them both myself on the way home. Was on the batter in the big smoke last night, so the young fella will be delighted when he sees me coming with them, he's mad to play the hurling one.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The Real Laoislad

One little gripe..They don't have my hometown club from Durrow in either game  :'( :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 09, 2007, 05:33:10 PM

I'd be of the exact same opinion as you Bogball

Thanks for the reviews LL, thats it I'm going to buy them both myself on the way home. Was on the batter in the big smoke last night, so the young fella will be delighted when he sees me coming with them, he's mad to play the hurling one.

Im impressed anyways and i'd consider meself a Playstation freak so i have played a few games in my time
Definatly a improvment on the orginal Football game with loads of new features as regards gameplay etc..
The training mode is good too only they don't have the Micko option of running laps till the cows come home  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.