Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Laois are reigning Football and Hurling All Ireland Champions...And Durrow are All Ireland club champs in Hurling and Football too   ;D ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 17, 2007, 07:15:01 PM
What camera angle do people prefer playing on?  I've been playing the hurling and I reckon the High End angle is the best.  Hurling keepers are really bad, it's a major drawback.  Also, why use the same club names for football and hurling?  FFS, how much effort would it have required to sort these out properly?  Why am I not given the option of scoring directly from a '65 - maybe I am, but it's early days yet.

I am using the broadcast camera myself.

The squad numbers rather than 1-15 in the club teams is annoying, but I have to admit, I am a bit sad, as I completely renamed and numbered my home club team. Also renamed the Louth team, if you type in a name that is already in the system such as O'Donoghue or Smith, Micheal will call it out in commentary. I started Louth off on a full season last night and got the nice surprise that we were still a 1B team and not Div 3
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 17, 2007, 09:58:05 PM
The squad numbers rather than 1-15 in the club teams is annoying, but I have to admit, I am a bit sad, as I completely renamed and numbered my home club team.
I wouldn't bother doing that, not because it's sad as such, but becuase we have a rather small squad of about 18-19!

Interesting re the names called out, might see if that happens here.

Rav67

got the 2-game package in a few days ago and I'm impressed, both very playable though I've been on the football game a lot more.  There's a big step up from junior to intermediate level, especially if you're competing against the computer in some of the championships.  Is there any way you can change the control settings at all?  And is it possible to change club players names?  I've only been able to change county players names.

Bogball XV

I got the hurling, played a wee bit there last weekend, in many ways it's not a bad game, but the goalkeepers are so bad that they ruin it imo - outfield players can catch the ball, but not the goalkeepers seemingly - are the football keepers the same? 

Louth Exile

There should be no problem with changing club players name.

The keepers are a lot better in the football alright, definitely tougher to score goals in the football, goals are a bit to handy in the hurling game alright.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Rav67

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 27, 2007, 04:06:41 PM
I got the hurling, played a wee bit there last weekend, in many ways it's not a bad game, but the goalkeepers are so bad that they ruin it imo - outfield players can catch the ball, but not the goalkeepers seemingly - are the football keepers the same? 

Hurling keepers are a joke but football keepers are deadly in the game!  I've only played at junior level in the hurling though- maybe try playing intermediate to see if the goalies improve.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Rav67 on November 27, 2007, 04:41:58 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on November 27, 2007, 04:06:41 PM

Hurling keepers are a joke but football keepers are deadly in the game!  I've only played at junior level in the hurling though- maybe try playing intermediate to see if the goalies improve.
been playing intermediate, not overly different from junior, will move up to senior - it's grand when you're playing a mate, but playing the computer it's just too easy.  Another problem is that I find the ball very hard to see (it could be age), especially in rain where it's basically hit, hope and watch the umpires.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 14, 2007, 10:11:33 AM
Lads the hurling game is very good.  I bought the double pack but haven't played the football one yet.  The one problem is the goalkeepers are shite.  Also the game is a bit too easy.  I'm doing the manager mode at the moment just because you can do more than one season with that.  I'm Galway and beat Offaly 3-17 to 2-14 but was brought back down to earth by Cork as they beat me 4-17 to 2-17.  But I feel I'll have to put it up to "senior" difficulty because I need the challenge.  Once I win the All-Ireland with Galway I might try to get Warickishire up to Liam McCarthy cup level.
I completes my first intermediate season with Derry, won the Ring and and Div 2, promoted to Div 1.  Then played a few of the NFL games, won them and simulated the last few league games, so stayed up but didn't win the league.  So, here I am all set for an historic rattle at the Liam McCarthy (going to surpass 2000, when Derry really should have won it for real ;)), and what happens?  Well, I'll f**king tell you what happened, I was playing in the f**king Ring cup again (no offence Christy), is it not possible to get promoted to Liam??  Incredibly stupid if so.
Also, some of my players have blue stars around them when in possession instead of blue circles, anyone know why?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 28, 2007, 07:28:48 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 14, 2007, 10:11:33 AM
Lads the hurling game is very good.  I bought the double pack but haven't played the football one yet.  The one problem is the goalkeepers are shite.  Also the game is a bit too easy.  I'm doing the manager mode at the moment just because you can do more than one season with that.  I'm Galway and beat Offaly 3-17 to 2-14 but was brought back down to earth by Cork as they beat me 4-17 to 2-17.  But I feel I'll have to put it up to "senior" difficulty because I need the challenge.  Once I win the All-Ireland with Galway I might try to get Warickishire up to Liam McCarthy cup level.
I completes my first intermediate season with Derry, won the Ring and and Div 2, promoted to Div 1.  Then played a few of the NFL games, won them and simulated the last few league games, so stayed up but didn't win the league.  So, here I am all set for an historic rattle at the Liam McCarthy (going to surpass 2000, when Derry really should have won it for real ;)), and what happens?  Well, I'll f**king tell you what happened, I was playing in the f**king Ring cup again (no offence Christy), is it not possible to get promoted to Liam??  Incredibly stupid if so.
Also, some of my players have blue stars around them when in possession instead of blue circles, anyone know why?

Yes Bogball, I noticed that to.  Very annoying indeed.  That put an end to my dreams too!

Also I'm curious as well about those blue stars.

gander

Can you play club championships in both the hurling and football games?

Louth Exile

Quote from: gander on November 29, 2007, 11:01:14 AM

Yes

his holiness nb

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 29, 2007, 11:06:13 AM

Yes
did I hear right that the clubs are the exact same in both games?

Ask me holy bollix

Louth Exile

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 29, 2007, 11:07:39 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on November 29, 2007, 11:06:13 AM

Yes
did I hear right that the clubs are the exact same in both games?

Yes again

his holiness nb

Great stuff so I can play hurling with my club, even though we never had a hurling team!!
Ask me holy bollix