kieran mc geeney retires from intercounty football

Started by clean cotton, September 13, 2007, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Very elaborate article from the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6994977.stm  ???

I know we say that their GAA coverage is bad but this takes the biscuit.

mackers

As others have said, we wouldn't have won Sam without Geezer. Absolutely brilliant. I hope he gets involved with the new set-up, his drive and determination will be sorely missed if he doesn't. However, I'm not sure whether he will or not after the treatment of his good mate Paul Grimley.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ludermor

he will have plenty of time to finish his auto-biography. there should be a few interesting chapters with nothing to do with football

rrhf

I think Grimley got waht he deserved for apparently attempting to undermine Big Joe - Guess what he got undermined himself.  Mc Geeney represents the closure of a fantastic era for Armagh football.  But it was time for him to go, from a source in Armagh he became bigger than the team and the county and tha manager couldnt manage him last year - what hope for a new manager coming in.  He needs to step back for a bit and then test himself as a football manager.  He reminds me a little of Roy Keane in his determination.  Could he manage the same way? I hop he hasnt done it for a huff but I think hes bigger than that.  A class act and a decent honest footballer with great leadership skills.  One of the all time greats I believe. Others should follow - In Armagh Big Joe held onto too many too long - it happens in all counties.    

Over the Bar

QuoteHere's a thought - might Mc Geeney have agreed to come on board with Mc Donnell in some capacity ?

The young lads onthe panel will be praying he's not put in charge of fitness training! 

"OK Lads, give me 50 squats with a 100kg barbell!!"   :o :D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Bensars

unreal.

i copied the screen and tried to put it on here , but to no avail. Maybe some of the other technical more gifted posters will do the honour.

Typical coverage levels fromm the BBC.

David McKeown

Big story on the BBC website now, seems they got an interview with Oisin McConville

Great footballer
Great captain
Gent off the field
He will be a big loss to Armagh
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bensars on September 14, 2007, 04:16:59 PM
unreal.

i copied the screen and tried to put it on here , but to no avail. Maybe some of the other technical more gifted posters will do the honour.

In fairness Bensars, this is the proper 'Geezer Checks Out' page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A26876758
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on September 14, 2007, 04:16:59 PM
unreal.

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Ziggy you have two Yahoo messages and two msn....Whose the popular one!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 14, 2007, 04:44:40 PM
Ziggy you have two Yahoo messages and two msn....Whose the popular one!!

One of the Yahoos and one of the MSNs are the programme with the list of names. Not as popular as I would appear.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Yep - wouldn't fanct Mc Geeney being fitness coach - winter training - power bags everywhere !!!!!!!