Bredagh talks Liam & Sam 2011

Started by Lecale2, August 23, 2007, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Right.

First weekend in October. Venue.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

was it me or is GG a lot smaller in person
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hardy

Did anyone give him a dig (in the knowledge that it's OK to thump him, but not other players)?

How was the night anyway?

Caitlin

VG night- different format than previous years in that it flowed rather than jerked. GG was interesting and earnest- big hit with the crowd and Barney Eastwood. Heaney and Breheny made a point of disagreeing on everything-Brolly was funny and frank, although he is full of his own importance while the star of the stage was...Liam Himphey senior( originally from Kilkenny, in Dungiven for 40 years,played club football in Tyrone,managed Derry Hurlers and father of current Derry dual player Liam og).Jerome did a VG job and while there will be plenty of people unhappy ( especially some of the Hurling fraternity)it was classic GAA stuff.
Predictably the topics included Cavlan,Darren Graham, GAA media/PR relations,sell-off of county grounds, standard of punditry and favourites,Pat Spillane, Tommy Murphy Cup( some added value from presence of James Loughry, clubmate of Brolly's and star defender for Antrim ,who talked us through it),Hurling V Football ( added value from Enda Gormley, holder of 2 Ulster hurling medals),Sean Boylan (sounded like a good man),International rules and ,of course,who will win Sam and Liam.
Bredagh legend Nicky Mc Cafferty asked Barney if GG would have done a better job than Bernard Dunne.Maggie Mc Cafferty was the sole Limerick supporter. GG fancies Cork and was pleased that O'Leary got clearance to play
Some of the audience (possibly posters?) thought they should have plenty of air-time and mistakenly thought they were the funniest men in the room.However, well done to the audience and the panel, who are all 'True Believers'.for turning out and having a laugh.

Square Ball

I missed this due to, well, unforseen circumstances, but met GG this morning, was talking to a few of the Bredagh underage kids, was good with them and poked a bit of fun at himself as well, good bloke
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Armagh4SamAgain

I didnt go. its to far a way even if it was free. Howd u get home??  :-\
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Orior

My first attendance at this event and I ejoyed it immensely. Joe Brolly is hillarious, had me in stitches, and dosnt take himeself too seriously.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Glensman

It certainly was a great night...good debate and good craic.

If it was better publicised (alot of people who I know for sure would have enjoyed such an evening had no clue it was on) then the place would have been packed to the rafters and more money raised for Bredagh...but then arguably some of the intimacy of it might have been lost.

Agree about a couple of punters loving the mike - think a couple of Tyrone fellas in the middle had a few pints on board straight after work and were willing to share their views ... alot.

Impressed by Paddy Heaney and Martin Breheny and of course love him or hate him Joe Brolly is Joe Brolly.
Liam Himphey is old school and adding an interesting perspective.

Bredagh is a good club with alot of dedicated gaels.

Sky Blue

Wasn't it Bredagh that used to parade their club chairman around the pitch on a special chair before their championship matches? I remember it being discussed on here. Are they still at that craic?

Muzz

Really enjoyable night well worth the money.  But agree it should have been better publicised.

I do think the tyrone guys in question made part of the night.  Some well made points.

Orior

Quote from: Muzz on September 04, 2007, 11:02:02 AM
Really enjoyable night well worth the money.  But agree it should have been better publicised.

I do think the tyrone guys in question made part of the night.  Some well made points.

They'd been drinking in the Bot beforehand. Think one worked for Calvan is his bar, hence the defence.

bredaghgael

This year's event  takes place on Thursday Sept 4th in the Wellington Park Hotel Belfast.Details to follow-Friday.

corn02

Orior

I went last year and every GAA board member remained incognito. Very disappointing.

ONeill

You looked nothing like your avatar which was disappointing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.