Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

I think there will be an awful lot of interesting matchups in this game....

McConnell on Donaghy...adv Kerry
Henry on MFR... adv Dublin
Griffen on Cooper...adv Kerry

Casey on Galvin/Sheehan...adv Kerry
Cullen on Brosnan...draw
Cahill on O'Sullivan..adv Dublin

O'Se/Scanlon v's Whelan/Ryan..draw....(interesting to see do Whelan/O'Se mark each other...if I was Caffrey I would want Ryan on O'Se and drag him out to the sideline)

O'Se on Moran..adv Kerry
O'Mahony on Sherlock...draw
Reidy on Brogan...adv Dublin

O'Se on Brogan....draw
O'Sullivan on Keaney...adv Dublin
Vaughan on Young...adv Dublin

So battle around the middle is crucial as think both full forward lines have the beating of the full back lines....
If Galvin is out it is a big loss to Kerry I think even though Sheahan is probably a better point taker and long range free taker I think they will lose out on the breaking ball....

Could be a career defining game for Whelan because if he performs well against O'Se and Dublin win people might start accepting he is a great mid-fielder..

While have been confident we would win all the games up till now and never during them thought we would lose this is the big one....a win here and a possible All-Ireland would be the perfect thing to give this Dublin team the real confident boost that they need to express themselves and strengthen themselves mentally...

magickingdom

jesus no one ever picks kerry, i'd say it 3:1 people picking dublin, no wonder the bookies clean up in this country! to be honest i have a worry about cork if they get to the final. i think they can take us esp as we robbed them already this year (before we robbed monaghan). looks like galvin is out for the dublin game ( ;D) but will be back for the final

Mike Sheehy

QuoteTo echo one of your county folk: Were Kerry soft or Monaghan dirty?

Monaghan played very close to the edge.

One thing we are sure about though is that Tyrone were soft. 

Frank Casey

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 14, 2007, 08:18:19 PM
QuoteTo echo one of your county folk: Were Kerry soft or Monaghan dirty?

Monaghan played very close to the edge.

MS thought they went over the edge a couple of times.
KERRY 3:7

Gnevin

Where are the tickets for this one going ?
How many are being sent to Kerry?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Who in Tyrone ended up with his arm in a sling after the Monaghan game?  ???
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2007, 11:57:50 PM

Who in Tyrone ended up with his arm in a sling after the Monaghan game?  ???

Ah Mike what are you on about ? Sunday was a physical Match with a lot of hard hits on both sides . From what I saw Monaghan were just as physical in the Ulster final . Apart from Rambo Clerkin I have no complaints with them .

Mike Sheehy

Quotejesus no one ever picks kerry, i'd say it 3:1 people picking dublin, no wonder the bookies clean up in this country!

This board follows a pattern when ever Kerry play

1) Immeditaely after the game: They are shite ..christ they cant do anything right..fiece lucky.. I'd fancy  <insert next opponent> to bate em
2) Few days later: They are shite..christ they cant do anything right...still, they are Kerry they''ll improve
3) Few more days later : Lads, I'm telling ye <insert last opponent> are a tough team...but I still fancy <insert next opponent> to take them..it'll be close though
4) A few days befre the game:  Kerry wont be as poor again...<insert next opponent> will give them a tough game but Kerry to pull away by 3-4
5) <insert next opponent> are shite..sure Kerry will hammer ye...the gooch is gonna get you, the goch is gonna get ya
6) Kerry by 10 (cue mass exodus to the bookies to put money on Kerry)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWho in Tyrone ended up with his arm in a sling after the Monaghan game?

Genuinely getting injured is no shame..going down repeatedly would indicate some level of softness dont you think ?..... unless <shock, horror> they were just trying to waste time

.....no !! never!!...sorry, how could I think such a thing.

neutral

Dubs are the better team, Kerry have invented a horrible one dimensional game - a tactically inept bastardisation of Gaelic Football whish is more like Aussie rules than GAA.  They also need men lined every game, normally one of the Oses.  Ill not shed any tears when the Dubs make them look like a shower of tossers.  Thats it for kerry Football, back to the kingdom with this team which I guarntee will not win any more all irelands. 

magpie seanie

Quoteunless <shock, horror> they were just trying to waste time

Like Marc O'Se after Monaghan got the first two scores. Don't try to pin that one on Tyrone. Every single team in the country does it. Monaghan did it in the second half.

his holiness nb

Quote from: neutral on August 15, 2007, 08:43:25 AM
Thats it for kerry Football, back to the kingdom with this team which I guarntee will not win any more all irelands. 

Jaysus thats a bold statement!!
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

I see the Irish News have echoed my sentiments about Kerry's tactics v Monaghan. Only one team tried to play attractive gaelic football that day. Kerry just repeatedly lumped the ball into the square a la an U16 Grade 3 minor side. Makes me sick.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 14, 2007, 05:21:43 PM
I think there will be an awful lot of interesting matchups in this game....

McConnell on Donaghy...adv Kerry
Henry on MFR... adv Dublin
Griffen on Cooper...adv Kerry

O'Se/Scanlon v's Whelan/Ryan..draw....(interesting to see do Whelan/O'Se mark each other...if I was Caffrey I would want Ryan on O'Se and drag him out to the sideline)

Could be a career defining game for Whelan because if he performs well against O'Se and Dublin win people might start accepting he is a great mid-fielder..
Hopefully Whelan will be 100% fit. I glad we're not playing this week as he wouldnt be then. I heard he won't train at all this week, but hopefully by Sunday week, he'll be A1.

Our full back line will really have their hands full. Henry had an iffy game against Derry - he often let his man have too much room, but at the same time, never once did his man go by him, to score he had to kick big points. I thought Griffin did really well on Bradley having looked at the game again. Bradley was under great pressure every time he got the ball when Griff was on him, and again he never got by Griffin. However, Bradley did do Grffin once - right at the death when he caught that high ball, and thankfully Cahill was there to bail us out. It is a hazard of play in the full back line that one mistake could ruin 69 minutes of decent play.

I'm really interested to see what our plan is for Donaghy. The only plan I can think of that might have some element of success is damage limitation. Accept that Donaghy will win the high balls, let him have it, but don't let him goalside, and try to reduce his options by marking the corner forwards and the runners tightly. If McConnell challenges for the 50/50s and loses, then Kerry will likely be in on goal.

A big game required for Cullen, and I'm not overly confident. Cullen doenst like tracking a Brosnan-type player, one who is constantly making runs. Cullen is stronger, but Brosnan is faster. Moran wouldnt be half the centre back Cullen is, but I think he'd do a better job on Brosnan.