Biggest shit hole in Ireland

Started by Hollow Man, July 26, 2007, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteJust roll down the window and ask any passing local if they were the father of Anne Lovett's baby, to a man they react with a level of aggression and uncouthness that is shocking.

Would that reaction be as shocking, aggressive and uncouth as the question?   ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

guy crouchback

Billys Boots

lynchbhoy

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 14, 2007, 11:36:49 AM
you don't have to get out of your car to get a feel for the real Granard. Just roll down the window and ask any passing local if they were the father of Anne Lovett's baby, to a man they react with a level of aggression and uncouthness that is shocking.
thats pretty bad I have to say. Its a sad episode in the life of a troubled family.
You prob didnt know or mean that if you knew a bit more , but its  not nice to be making such comments in jest.

:(

guy crouchback

Quoteyou don't have to get out of your car to get a feel for the real Granard. Just roll down the window and ask any passing local if they were the father of Anne Lovett's baby, to a man they react with a level of aggression and uncouthness that is shocking.
thats pretty bad I have to say. Its a sad episode in the life of a troubled family.
You prob didnt know or mean that if you knew a bit more , but its  not nice to be making such comments in jest.
you're right it was in bad taste and i apologise.

having said that a lot people in Granard have a lot to answer for in that case. at the time the whole town clamed up when it came to helping find out what happened . nobody wanted to know. There are people walking around granard today who could have helped and could still help those who cared for Anne and chose not to. A lot of people.

Billys Boots

Quoteat the time the whole town clamed up when it came to helping find out what happened .

At the time, the town was descended upon by a rabid pack of urban journalists looking for someone to blame in nasty, backward rural Ireland. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Gotta say that along with Newbuildings, Drumahoe has to get a mention and Newtownstewart is up there top of the list of shitholes in Ireland.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 14, 2007, 01:10:00 PM
Quoteyou don't have to get out of your car to get a feel for the real Granard. Just roll down the window and ask any passing local if they were the father of Anne Lovett's baby, to a man they react with a level of aggression and uncouthness that is shocking.

having said that a lot people in Granard have a lot to answer for in that case. at the time the whole town clamed up when it came to helping find out what happened . nobody wanted to know. There are people walking around granard today who could have helped and could still help those who cared for Anne and chose not to. A lot of people.
I know what I have heard , and why the family moved to Granard from Cavan. from what I hear not a lot of people knew much if anything. Also if its not all lies , people would be better off not asking for more details on this. A really sad episode.

guy crouchback

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Biggest shit hole in Ireland
« Reply #237 on: Today at 01:32:25 PM »
Quote from: guy crouchback on Today at 01:10:00 PM
you don't have to get out of your car to get a feel for the real Granard. Just roll down the window and ask any passing local if they were the father of Anne Lovett's baby, to a man they react with a level of aggression and uncouthness that is shocking.

I know what I have heard , and why the family moved to Granard from Cavan. from what I hear not a lot of people knew much if anything. Also if its not all lies , people would be better off not asking for more details on this. A really sad episode.

fair enough, i heard there were people who knew plenty.

Billys Boots

Quoterabid pack of urban journalists looking for someone to blame

You must have been listening to these folk, guy!

guy crouchback

did you just quote yourself billy?

Billys Boots