Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Shadylimp on July 25, 2007, 04:28:09 PM
come on guys, lets hear who yous think should start next game, regardless of who the opposition is!

On the contrary methinks, the opposition will be all important in determining the final shake-up, i.e., there are too many lads in the mix, especially in the final third, where the nature of the opposition will dictate whether Enda Mc Ginley, Colm Cavanagh, Niall Gormley, Tommy Mc Guigan, et al., will start, and where.

The defence is, more or less, settled, with big Joe at full back, but even there there may be surprises with a wing back moving up the park, Philly Jordan perhaps?

Roll on the draw!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Star Spangler

QuoteThe defence is, more or less, settled, with big Joe at full back

I hope you're right, but from what we've seen to date the full back position is far from settled.  McMahon has yet to start a game there.

tyroneman

According to the GAA official site we are the second game after the Sligo match?

I presume that means a 4.00 throw in?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on July 27, 2007, 02:13:58 PM
According to the GAA official site we are the second game after the Sligo match?

I presume that means a 4.00 throw in?

Probably won't be clear until the opposition and venue are fixed, I'd imagine.

Tyrone Dreamer

Its def in croke park next Saturday, sure arent they selling tickets for it. The matches more than likely will be 2 and 4. The Tommy Murphy cup final is also being played so suppose it'll have to start at 12.15. Wonder what happens if there's a draw in the qualifiers after extra time tomorrow night and one of these teams get drawn agianst Tyrone or Sligo.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sound, glad it's Croke, suits us.

Yep, a draw tomorrow would be a complete feck-up (how that was not figured on at the very outset I'll never know), though there'll be extra time in the first instance.

orangeman

It'll be nice to go to Croker next week - get a win - through to semi and start dreaming again !

Elias

So, it's gonna be one of Derry, Meath or Cork for us now.  8)

Derry revenge for sqeezing the life outta us last year in Omagh??

orangeman

Hopefully revenge will be sweet ! We have to win for it to be sweet.

Tyrone Dreamer

Should be motivated whoever they play but I think Tyrone would be really up for Derry or Meath. That match against Meath in 96 was talked about for years afterwards. I know only Cavlan is left from the starting team that day but the guys know what that match meant to the county. Ive a feeling it could be Cork and they are probably the best out of the 3 of them.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 29, 2007, 12:43:44 PM
Should be motivated whoever they play but I think Tyrone would be really up for Derry or Meath. That match against Meath in 96 was talked about for years afterwards. I know only Cavlan is left from the starting team that day but the guys know what that match meant to the county. Ive a feeling it could be Cork and they are probably the best out of the 3 of them.

No he's not, what about Captain Fantastic himself? Dooher ended up like a casualty from Gallipoli, what with that bandage enswathing his nut, where he wouldn't have looked out of place in Tutankhamen's tomb.

Jinxy

Possibly the only time I've ever seen a man being pulled back by his marker from 10 feet away! ;D Twas some bandage alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Latest from RTE:

Tyrone boosted by returning trio
Sunday, 29 July 2007 12:30

Tyrone have at last been given some good news on the injury front as they prepare for Saturday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final.

Cormac McGinley, Owen Mulligan and Gerard Cavlan all look set to declare themselves fit for the Croke Park eliminator.

And there are improving signs that skipper Brian Dooher, troubled by a mysterious groin ailment, may also make the starting fifteen, but doubts persist over the fitness of Stephen O'Neill.

Mulligan had been troubled by a back problem, while Cavlan pulled up in the latter stages of the Ulster final with a hamstring tear.

'Owen Mulligan is dead on, Gerard Cavlan hasn't taken part in a full training session with us yet, but the signs are that he's improving and that he certainly should be available for selection in the 30, if not the 15,' said manager Mickey Harte.

Cormac McGinley missed the Ulster final win over Monaghan with a groin strain, but that has cleared up.

'Cormac is back training, he seems to have got over his injury. Colin Holmes' foot is still a problem, Brian Dooher is still receiving treatment for the groin, and Stephen O'Neill is receiving treatment for the knee.'

Harte added: 'Brian Dooher has had a bit of new treatment on the groin this week, and he would be hopeful that it would be manageable as a result of that. At this point in time I would be optimistic that he might be fit to start.'

new devil

Hope its derry dont think they could live with a tyrone team going flat out  ;)

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.