Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

I said on this board a week ago that we would get meath! its going to be another tough encounter although it shouldnt be hard for players and supporters to get up for it!

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 29, 2007, 12:43:44 PM
Should be motivated whoever they play but I think Tyrone would be really up for Derry or Meath. That match against Meath in 96 was talked about for years afterwards. I know only Cavlan is left from the starting team that day but the guys know what that match meant to the county. Ive a feeling it could be Cork and they are probably the best out of the 3 of them.

do you not mind dooher being taken out in 96?

Over the Bar

If meath manage to upset the odds & progress I want the blood of a meath player under the nails of every man in a Tyrone jersey.......

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

I'm convinced I saw a bandage in a pack once that had "Dooher Strength!" written on the front. :D

rrhf

Well sometimes you get what you hope for.  Roll on the lads.  Hardy Heres to a good one.  In 96, The win against Tyrone made that Meath team.  Can they make them again in 2007 or will a fading Tyrone power have enough to keep a resurgent Meath superpower down.  Im especially pleased for Dooher and Geraghty.  This match will mean so much to them.  

Jinxy

Lots of very interesting match-ups. Awful pity the 2 boys got injured the last day. Kennys ability to pick up breaks will be a big loss. I expect Mickey Hartes big old brain is into overdrive already tactics wise. Should be a very good game.

ziggysego

Crap, worst draw we could have gotten. Still, at this stage of the game you have to beat what's put in front of you.

I guess the Derry meeting will be put back another game or two ;)
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Another fascinating draw, but don't buy this idea that it's two teams going in the opposite direction. Tyrone certainly aren't 100% without their injured stars, but they are still a quality side with matchwinners all over the side.
If one or two big names aren't performing there's always others to step up to the mark, like the way Dooher and then Cavanagh did in Ulster this year.
Having seen both teams play this year the early predictions would have to be for a Tyrone win, Meath are definitely going places and have an All-Ireland in them in the next five years IMO, but Tyrone now is a step too far

rrhf

I dont know ziggy - its too evenly matched teams at the moment.   In fact I would go as far as to say all matches could go either way.  Surely thats what we all want, excitement and close games albeit with Tyrone wins at the end of it.  Holy f**k Derry V the Dubs what a chance for Derry to arrive.  Sligo V Cork tight game but Sligo will not lie down. Monaghan V Kerry - Can Monaghan continue to improve.  They will need a massive game against the Kingdom but never say never.  If they win that they are capable of All ireland success. 

agorm

Quote from: clarshack on July 29, 2007, 06:33:40 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 29, 2007, 12:43:44 PM
Should be motivated whoever they play but I think Tyrone would be really up for Derry or Meath. That match against Meath in 96 was talked about for years afterwards. I know only Cavlan is left from the starting team that day but the guys know what that match meant to the county. Ive a feeling it could be Cork and they are probably the best out of the 3 of them.

do you not mind dooher being taken out in 96?

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 29, 2007, 06:35:12 PM
If meath manage to upset the odds & progress I want the blood of a meath player under the nails of every man in a Tyrone jersey.......

FFS could ye guys stop this moaning and groaning about a game played ELEVEN YEARS AGO?  I thought initially that the Tyrone people were looking for revenge was more in jest but these guys still seem so bitter. I wonder do they really remember this game (or even if they saw it all!) You will do yourselves no favours if you keep up this crap.

Regarding the game, of course Tyrone are the justifiable favourites - they have come through as Provincial champions in Ulster which has proven to be the strongest province with 3 teams in the last eight. Reports are that  Brian Dooher, Gerard Cavlan and Stephen O'Neill are on the way back from injuries and Tyrone have proven class throughout their side. Meath only really played well against Galway but will need to up their performance another notch again to have any chance here. I would put Tyrone as quite warm favourites and am surprised that Tohill was indicating that it could go either way.
I am especially looking forward to the clash of Anthony Moyles against Conor Gormley, the best players on each team. Not sure what we can do about Sean Cavanagh, we have performed very badly at midfield in recent games except the Galay one.

Hopefully we can cause an upset but either way we have done well to get this far considering where we were after the Wexford game.

Jinxy

Now that I have got over my initial excitement, I fear we are in for a terrible hiding. Hope we can keep the scoreline respectable. :-X ;)

neutral

Dont like this draw at all from a Tyrone point of view.  I fancy Meath to make an AIF this year having seen them in the flesh against Dublin and Galway.  They will know how to deal with Sean Cavanagh unfortunately.  Tyrone could do with a few big hitters in this one as theres no way Meath will let them play football.  If the battle intensifies to the level I believe it well, could be an interesting tie. Of all possibilities i didnt fancy this.   

Jinxy

Quote from: neutral on July 29, 2007, 07:08:37 PM
Dont like this draw at all from a Tyrone point of view.  I fancy Meath to make an AIF this year having seen them in the flesh against Dublin and Galway.  They will know how to deal with Sean Cavanagh unfortunately.  Tyrone could do with a few big hitters in this one as theres no way Meath will let them play football.  If the battle intensifies to the level I believe it well, could be an interesting tie. Of all possibilities i didnt fancy this.   

Do you mean deal with him in the certain Italian-American subculture sense?