Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loup Bandit

you mean to say that meath full forward line would not wreak havoc in the tyrone full back line?

i think meath and cork would beat tyrone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 22, 2007, 10:22:57 AM
you mean to say that meath full forward line would not wreak havoc in the tyrone full back line?

Yep, most definitely!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Keery and Tyrone in final is a wee bit premature ? You could sell tickets for it all the same ! Anyone got a spare ticket ? lol

Fuzzman

As the saying goes
"You're only as good as yer last match"

How true this is so far this year with everyone including our own Tyrone.
We've went from will we scrape past Fermanagh, which we just did
To can we win the AI again after hammering Donegal.

We seem to have new injuries every week with especially Cavlan, Stevie and AN other.
Are we really as good as we looked v Donegal?
When McGinley was moved out of FB we ALL seemed very happy with our back 6 again but now suddenly we reckon our whole FB line is weak and go attacking too much.

Is Mickey playing mind games with everyone by changing it round so much to make it harder for teams to devise a plan to beat us.
Will this work or just confuse our own players.
As usual its results that determine this in most people's heads and what the media tell us.

Everyone now reckons we will hugely suffer under high ball and that we have no full back line.
Dooher has injuries again and will hardly be able to repeat his Donegal performance.

THe Fuzz thinks Monaghan PUT it up to us and we kinda went to sleep a few times.
We found it hard to win possesion around midfield as Half forward line had a poor day.

Talk of Meath and Cork having the beating of us is exactly what MH wants I think and is the basis of the Donegal performance.
I reckon Mickey is playing the dangerous card of NOT peaking or showing yer hand too soon

Question is will Stevie O be fit in time for the BIG match that we really need him in or will it be 2004 all over again where we are looking too far ahead.

Derry - Havent saw them this year but heard they were very poor v Monaghan and much better v Mayo who were crap.
Donegal - Getting slowly back on track but we knocked them for 6 and think they'll not go much further
Monaghan - Wouldn't like to meet them again in Semi's but wouldn't right that off happening.
Cork - Thought they should have beaten Kerry but heard they were nothing great on Sat.
Meath - Looked poor enough v Dubs in replay but are still big phsyical team with a few scoring forwards now. Would love to WALK ALL OVER them though
Laois - Would love to meet them in next round as they would let us play our own game and think they are a bit of a soft touch (Oooops)

Tyrone v Meath
Sligo v Monaghan                  Tyrone v Monaghan
Dublin v Cork                                                                   Tyrone v Dublin                Dublin win AI as they deserve it after 12 years whinging
Kerry v Laois                         Kerry v Dublin

Fear ón Srath Bán

Whatever about the current 3 casualties (and hoping that 2 weeks, and perhaps a trip or two to the cryogenic chamber in Wexford, will have the curing of them), are both Tommy Mc G & Niall Gormley back in full-contact training?

Interesting predictions Fuzzman, though maybe we should be careful about what we wish for  ;)

Jinxy

Can people stop using the word "poor" to describe some teams (i.e. Meath, Sligo) that are in the quarter finals? If a poor team can make the quarter finals, those that didn't must be absolutely diabolical. There are no "poor" teams left in the championship. There are good teams and better teams.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

We're shite Jinxy. Tyrone would walk all over us. The Metropolitan Champions-Elect would wipe the floor with us. Derry, Kerry, Cork, New York, Dundalk, Gortahork and Glenamaddy would make fools of us. We're limited. Poor. And dirty, to boot (sorry). We haven't a chance.

It's worked so far anyway.

orangeman

Hardy

Anything is possible, though. I see Oddschecker have Derry City as favourites to beat Laois next week. Honest to God. I don't suppose the bookies would pay out on that, if you laid Derry City and claimed your money no matter who won as Derry City didn't anyway? Hardly, I suppose, given the way one of them welched on a legitimate bet as we all read about here recently.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWe're shite Jinxy. Tyrone would walk all over us. The Metropolitan Champions-Elect would wipe the floor with us. Derry, Kerry, Cork, New York, Dundalk, Gortahork and Glenamaddy would make fools of us. We're limited. Poor. And dirty, to boot (sorry). We haven't a chance.

It's worked so far anyway.

Listen, by the time we play again we'll have forgotten what a football looks like so you can pretty much write us off at this stage.

Its Tyrones to lose, no question about it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's it lads, keep talking us up; what with such a non-existent midfield and flaky full back line we're in need of every little morsel of encouragement, psychology in reverse or not  ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

Getting worried about the injuries again, theyre very disappointing. Done well to win Ulster without McGuigan, Dooher playing through the pain barrier in the final, and O'Neill only having a very limited role. We'll do well to win the quarter if Dooher, Cavlan and O'Neill are on the injured list with McGuigan. I really feel if we had of had an injury free year that we would have been very close to Sam. As it is its going to be a struggle. Would still be hopeful though that the boys can put up a good fight and will be very hard to beat. God help us though if another big player gets injured.

Star Spangler

Anyone know the current facts on the injury front?

orangeman

Brian Mc Guigan has to go for another operation - apparently another bit of trouble with the eye - so I'd say no prospect of football for Brian this year -

Fear ón Srath Bán

He'd said (or his eye-surgeon'd said) that himself in the interview, one or two operations more. Just the one (more) let's hope.