Pat Spillane a disgrace at the way he treated Tohill

Started by Louper, July 17, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louper

Did anyone else not think it was disgraceful the way Spillane completely cut Tohill off when he tried to talk about Derry. i think derry would have to win an AI before they would be given any time. all spillane wanted to do was talk about "what now for mayo" personally i thought it was a disgrace and altho tohill asked him "am i not going to get a chance to talk about derry?" where spillane answred "there'll be plenty of time to talk about derry" i wouldnt have blamed tohill for getting up and walking out. what more do derry need to do to even get 2 minutes of talking time on the southern sunday game?

Croí na hÉireann

Spillane is just a prat, himself and that tool Lyons are like two prebuscent boys slagging each other off down the back of class, constantly trying to get digs in at each other on national television, cringeworthy.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

GalwayBayBoy

To be fair to Pat even though he's chronic for interrupting the analysts I believe he said something like we'll be discussing the draw later on so we'll have time to talk about Derry then.

I don't know why he bothers asking questions though as he never lets anyone get a full answer out before he jumps in himself.

DUBSFORSAM1

Louper - you would have seen that the Derry Mayo match had been dealt with on the Saturday Game already and had been shown highlights of after the Dublin match...

There is obviously not too much interest even in Derry when you only bring about 750 to Clones to play Armagh...

Jinxy

Spillane does it to Tohill every week, but he took it to a new level on Sunday. >:(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Tohill will be well fit for Spillane and as there's quite a few weeks left, I'd say Tohill will get him in the long grass !

bergo

At least you know what to expect from Spillane and in fairness he did do his best to give as much air time to Tohill as Lyons....

But Lyons... what an ill mannered prik!!  He butted in every time Spillane put a question to Anthony, he didn't have the courtesy to wait his turn and answer the questions Spillane put to him. Tohill is well mannered, makes sense in his arguments and in gerneral carries himself well and comes across very modest. Lyons is a bum - an arragant little prik!  Out with Lyons and in with an ex footballer; haven't seen much of Tony Davis, Paul Curran or Bernard Flynn this year - any of which would be better than Lyons.

Jinxy

Loup Bandit

There is obviously not too much interest even in Derry when you only bring about 750 to Clones to play Armagh...
[/quote]

Because all supporters do not vote with their feet, does this mean Derry are not entitled to a mention by Tohill on the Sunday game? It was a big result after all! Highlights may have been shown on sat but it was not analysed.
And yes before it pops up, i was part of the 750 at clones or whatever it was, been to all the games this year and hope to get a few more.

rrhf

If I was boss of RTE Tohill would be the host and Spillane wouldnt even get to carry the coffee in.  Tohill is and has always been a gentleman on the show ,when all around him are in a race to be controversial Tohill is articulate and balanced.

T Fearon

Read Tom Humphries excellent book on Dublin V Kerry rivalry in the 70s. Us Nordies are not alone in our dislike for Pat Spillane.Apparently half the Kerry team he played with don't speak to him (on account of what he has said about them in books etc )over the years. The Bomber says that he wouldn't go as far to say that lads would leave theirs pints and exit a bar if Spillane came in (as they are too fond of the pints ;D) but there's an awful lot have no time for him

Jinxy

Look, it's completely obvious that Darragh Maloney should be hosting the Sunday Game. Only man for the job.

Fuzzman

I think we should show Spillane and RTE that the Viewers rule

Spillane is trying to follow the lead of Dunphy and George Hook to a lesser extent and is Brolly now too in that they more controversial the are the more HYPE they make about themselves and so the more money they will make in the long run.

This may be true but it often comes at a price.
We should make Spillane's life hell by picketing outside RTE every Sunday night and have big Huge banners all around Croker from now on saying

SPILLANE TAKES IT UP THE .....
Or some humours little Limerick

Anyone got any suggestions.
Are we all gonna sit back and let Spillane dictate to RTE what wages he wants whilest the majority of Gaels can't stand the sight of the man.

thebandit

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2007, 02:58:37 PM
I think we should show Spillane and RTE that the Viewers rule

Spillane is trying to follow the lead of Dunphy and George Hook to a lesser extent and is Brolly now too in that they more controversial the are the more HYPE they make about themselves and so the more money they will make in the long run.

but at least Brolly is intelligent enough to carry it off.

I agree- Darragh Moloney is the man for the job.

marty88

Although i hate the ****, im very glad he did that.

When people start talking about us we lose.

So, Laois to hammer Derry and paddy Bradley is awful.

Tyrones all ireland to lose.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer