Pat Spillane a disgrace at the way he treated Tohill

Started by Louper, July 17, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 17, 2007, 05:28:41 PM
Fair enough - if I offended anyone I apologise!!

You have to admit though Lynchboy since they started playing more direct forward orientated football against Armagh/Mayo they have looked a better team....

fully agree..
if you recall
its what I have been advocating for them to do in all my time on the board, and before that since 1992...

Mike Sheehy

ffs, dont ye have the BBC, which takes a completely Ulster focus on the championship and ye are complaining about Pat Spillane being rude to poor wee Anthony !!

Tyrone Dreamer

Dubforsam - hand on heart I dont think it would matter one little bit to Tyrones season if Ciaran Gormley got injured.

ONeill

Go easy on Pat lads. RTE had to chose someone from the great Kerry team from 75-86. Spillane was the only one who could string a few words together in an audible fashion. Ever hear a Kerry man or woman talk? I used to play in a band with a Kerry man. When we toured England, the locals thought he was from Poland or Fiji.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Louper

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 17, 2007, 07:33:39 PM
ffs, dont ye have the BBC, which takes a completely Ulster focus on the championship and ye are complaining about Pat Spillane being rude to poor wee Anthony !!

u must be jokin! too much hard work as u hav to mute the tv and commentate ureself to avoid cringe-worthy commentary by the bbc contingent!

johnpower

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2007, 02:58:37 PM
I think we should show Spillane and RTE that the Viewers rule

Spillane is trying to follow the lead of Dunphy and George Hook to a lesser extent and is Brolly now too in that they more controversial the are the more HYPE they make about themselves and so the more money they will make in the long run.

This may be true but it often comes at a price.
We should make Spillane's life hell by picketing outside RTE every Sunday night and have big Huge banners all around Croker from now on saying

SPILLANE TAKES IT UP THE .....
Or some humours little Limerick

What a saddo you are Fuzzman . other people are having a debate and you share your sicko fantasies with us
Anyone got any suggestions.
Are we all gonna sit back and let Spillane dictate to RTE what wages he wants whilest the majority of Gaels can't stand the sight of the man.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGo easy on Pat lads. RTE had to chose someone from the great Kerry team from 75-86. Spillane was the only one who could string a few words together in an audible fashion. Ever hear a Kerry man or woman talk? I used to play in a band with a Kerry man. When we toured England, the locals thought he was from Poland or Fiji.

A band eh ? What were ye called

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 18, 2007, 12:41:50 AM
QuoteGo easy on Pat lads. RTE had to chose someone from the great Kerry team from 75-86. Spillane was the only one who could string a few words together in an audible fashion. Ever hear a Kerry man or woman talk? I used to play in a band with a Kerry man. When we toured England, the locals thought he was from Poland or Fiji.

Apparently they were called 'the bogtrotters'. Their heroes were the globetrotters but they knew they were shite hence the  name Bogtrotters.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Loup Bandit

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 17, 2007, 07:45:47 PM
Dubforsam - hand on heart I dont think it would matter one little bit to Tyrones season if Ciaran Gormley got injured.

Ciaran gormley?  ???
Think you mean Connor Gormley  :D

ONeill

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 18, 2007, 12:41:50 AM

The Birmingham Irish Pipes and Drums. Kerry man on the big drum. Baste of a man. The balax wanted to put a wheel onto the bottom of the drum so it'd save a bit of back-power. You can take them outta Kerry......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Shane did you wear a kilt in that band as well and was it the same one you wore during your membership of Derrytresk Turfcutters and spudpickers emerald isle flute band? ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

That was the point I was making Loup Bandit if you read back.

Loup Bandit

yeah i know, i was merely making a joke about! hence the  :D at the end....

Tyrone Dreamer

Gettting back to serious matters - who is making the decisions regarding the Sunday Game? Surely any one with half a brain wouldnt have Spillane as a presenter. He's just ok on the show at all but is a terrible presenter. Was it the same person who decided to get rid of the theme tune which everyone related to the Sunday Game as soon as they heard it. If I heard the current theme tune on the radio I dont even think Id catch on it was the Sunday Game's one. Dubsforsam - I really think this is Dublins year if they can keep Barry Cullen fit.