Watch out on the road tonight. Wide Load on the way to Croker

Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Your big man with the tan kept trying to get bearded Mickey to slag the Kingdom, bringing up those words beginning with P (Pat and Puke) as well as the Kerry-imitating-Tyrone theory. Mickey, being a modest Ulsterman, wouldn't be drawn.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Is it possible to ask a Kerry man a question without him answering along the lines of, "Well I telloo, there was a man who lived on the side of a mountain with two donkeys, and one of the donkeys was missing a leg........" And this after just being asked to pick a winner between Galway and Meath. Billy Keane is the grown up version of that little b*llix that used to be on the butter ads with his tweed cap on. Or are all Kerry folk inherently "witty".
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Good effort at putting together a Mid-week GAA programme since Breaking ball. Billy Keane is a welcome addition. The show needs a (Humerous) side kick. Martin Carney statistical item fell on it's head with Mayo being hammered and looked a rushed production. Martin with his ties in co-commentary with RTE was clearly blackmailed into doing the piece and looked uncomfortable! God Tommy Lyons must have had a right pain in his ear listening to Martin telling him what needed to be done!

The Sports personalities predictions is a good idea, but it would help if you were told there predictions so you could get a bit of dept to their knowledge!

ONeill

To be honest i found the Carney piece fascinating - it's an area we rarely get to see.

The Keane piece on the Hill (or the corner of it) was a disappointment for me. The premise and the build up suggested much more than what we got. Didn't really get a flavour of what the Hill was like.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 19, 2007, 09:21:41 PM
The Sports personalities predictions is a good idea, but it would help if you were told there predictions so you could get a bit of dept to their knowledge!

Yeah, someone should have had a word with Ken Doherty at some stage to tell him that a Dublin-Kerry final's an impossibility at this stage, unless he really meant it was a dream-final (unless I got that wrong?).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Goin Down

Sure Ken Doherty always dreamin, he reckons he's a professional soccer player with AC Milan, must be dreamin.
Remember This.

southderryman

its a pity rte didnt show the footage of carney tripping as he ran up the steps towards the commentary box.......now THAT was entertainment  :D

inisceithleann

I must admit i'm pretty impressed with the show and enjoyed both the carney piece and the keane on the hill bit. They're trying something new instead of the old format of just sitting in a studio where noone ever says anything original. Think back to the mid week The Championship on the BBC with rubbish like datsun donaghy and End to End on UTV which was unwatchable. This stuff is so much more professional looking.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Goin Down

Remember This.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2007, 09:24:54 PM
To be honest i found the Carney piece fascinating - it's an area we rarely get to see.

The Keane piece on the Hill (or the corner of it) was a disappointment for me. The premise and the build up suggested much more than what we got. Didn't really get a flavour of what the Hill was like.

Yeah I never realised the stats man spent the game roaring down a walkie talkie telling Tommy the half backs need to get stuck in. Somehow I thought there'd be more -- statistics -- involved? Maybe Mayo didn't want to give too many secrets away. Would have liked to have seen more about this meself. Having a passing interest in d'stats however I know every lad that does it is very precious about his own magic spreadsheet...

As for the unique "flavour" of the Hill...... would have liked to see young Keane do his piece from the John 3:7 spot behind the goals and not up in the Cusack corner. I'm sure that would have been more -- interesting...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2007, 09:24:54 PM
Didn't really get a flavour of what the Hill was like.

Never been on the Hill ONeill, or only never on it for a Dublin game?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIs it possible to ask a Kerry man a question without him answering along the lines of, "Well I telloo, there was a man who lived on the side of a mountain with two donkeys, and one of the donkeys was missing a leg........" And this after just being asked to pick a winner between Galway and Meath. Billy Keane is the grown up version of that little b*llix that used to be on the butter ads with his tweed cap on. Or are all Kerry folk inherently "witty".

Is it possible for any meath person to open their mouth (e.g Colm O'Rourke) without referring to Mick Lyons and how hard he was and how hard they all are in general. They are just the grown up equivalent of the little bollixs in the playground that formed "gangs" called "The warriors" and the like.

Or are all Meath people inherently "hard"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Jesus Mike have you got an ulcer or something? (Note I was careful not to say "Ulster" - I don't want to really upset you :)).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on July 20, 2007, 10:01:03 AM
Jesus Mike have you got an ulcer or something? (Note I was careful not to say "Ulster" - I don't want to really upset you :)).

;D