Watch out on the road tonight. Wide Load on the way to Croker

Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Has my sweet county Mayo not suffered enough down the years without Carney making an eejit of himself on national telly roaring "TOMMY! TOMMY! WE'RE GETTING DESTROYED TOMMY!" down the mike at someone? Sure Jesus everybody could see that. If that's all the impact Statto had, well, it explains a lot.  ???

Jinxy

Yeah there was a touch of the Vietnam War radio operator about Martin Carney. "THEY'RE ALL OVER US! WHERE THE HELL'S OUR AIR SUPPORT! YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHI......................" ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Davitt Man

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 20, 2007, 11:45:31 AM
Has my sweet county Mayo not suffered enough down the years without Carney making an eejit of himself on national telly roaring "TOMMY! TOMMY! WE'RE GETTING DESTROYED TOMMY!" down the mike at someone? Sure Jesus everybody could see that. If that's all the impact Statto had, well, it explains a lot.  ???

Is this programme repeated i missed it last night i would to hear carney making a fool of himself again? Well he does it every day he is co-commentating, he is useless

magpie seanie

Tubberman

Poor Tommy, you had to feel sorry for him!  :D

"We have to let more high ball into Barry, Tommy" "We're getting killed in midfield Tommy"
What good was that! Tommy has eyes of his own. That can hardly be considered stats. At half-time he went running up to Johnno telling him the same thing, and Johnno kept walking, more or less ignored him. Funny.  :D 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

thebandit

I thought there might be a follow up piece with Frank McNally to get his reaction to the match from the Monaghan fan's perspective

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJesus Mike have you got an ulcer or something? (Note I was careful not to say "Ulster" - I don't want to really upset you ).

DONT MENTION THAT WORD !!

nah..just got bored with the U***er bies so decided to see if jinxy would respond. He's far too sensible.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: Tubberman on July 20, 2007, 12:51:15 PM
Poor Tommy, you had to feel sorry for him!  :D

"We have to let more high ball into Barry, Tommy" "We're getting killed in midfield Tommy"
What good was that! Tommy has eyes of his own. That can hardly be considered stats. At half-time he went running up to Johnno telling him the same thing, and Johnno kept walking, more or less ignored him. Funny.  :D 

Do people take the stats seriously though? I can hardly imagine a bunch of lads bolloxed at half time having their cup of tea and huddled around a bar chart. I know that both Junior and Intermediate champions last year in Laois were using them, but I'm not sure if the stats matter as much as having the stats...

darbyo

Thought this was another good show tonight, with a nice tribute to Eamon Coleman. I also thought that Robbie O'Malley came across very well and would make a great analyst for the SG, well spoken, honest and seemingly knowledgeable he would better most of the guys they have now.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: darbyo on July 26, 2007, 09:57:42 PM
Thought this was another good show tonight, with a nice tribute to Eamon Coleman. I also thought that Robbie O'Malley came across very well and would make a great analyst for the SG, well spoken, honest and seemingly knowledgeable he would better most of the guys they have now.

Agreed, had a definite finger on the pulse.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Claw

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 26, 2007, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: darbyo on July 26, 2007, 09:57:42 PM

Agreed, had a definite finger on the pulse.
Also agree, no BS, expresses his opinion well and back it up with facts.

Tyrone Dreamer

Excellent show. Wel done RTE. Hope the guys complaining about the show before it even started are happy now.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good show tonight too, great to see Nudie in the full rudeness of health, and Babs, Benny Tierney, Pat Mc Enaney, et al. Well done again RTE.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ExiledGael

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 02, 2007, 09:41:10 PM
Good show tonight too, great to see Nudie in the full rudeness of health, and Babs, Benny Tierney, Pat Mc Enaney, et al. Well done again RTE.

Is this show repeated at any other time of the week?? Never see it with training

armaghniac

QuoteIs this show repeated at any other time of the week?? Never see it with training

Friday night 11:30.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B