Football Championship - 12 left, Kerry's to lose?

Started by Barney, July 09, 2007, 12:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loup Bandit

OK lads bear with me but does it go sumthin like this;

Derry/Laois v Kerry
Galway/Meath v Tyrone
Monaghan/Donegal v Sligo
Cork/Louth v Dublin.

Then its the winner of;
Galway / Meath / Tyrone Versus Monaghan / Donegal / Sligo

And;

Derry / Laois / Kerry Versus Cork / Louth / Dublin

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 16, 2007, 12:52:11 PM
OK lads bear with me but does it go sumthin like this;

Derry/Laois v Kerry
Galway/Meath v Tyrone
Monaghan/Donegal v Sligo
Cork/Louth v Dublin.

Then its the winner of;
Galway / Meath / Tyrone Versus Monaghan / Donegal / Sligo

And;

Derry / Laois / Kerry Versus Cork / Louth / Dublin

I believe it's an open draw for the quarter finals.

The Real Laoislad

How can this be so unknown? Surely someone must have a definate answer of what the draw makeup is for the 1/4 finals
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

How many more times? Read the second sentence of this:

http://www.gaa.ie/page/football_qualifier_structure.html

[Edit] - of course we can rely on good ol' gaa.ie to confuse things. The first sentence  should read "Each of the four Provincial Champions shall play one of the four winners from Round 3."

AZOffaly

Did I mishear yesterday, or did Michael Lyster make a gaff in the draw for the qualifiers third round? When the second last draw was being made, Galway v ...., I thought he said, this better be Meath, and it is. As if it was already known, or he thought it was the last draw, even though obviously Louth and Cork were still there. Maybe I misheard, or maybe it was an honest mistake in that he assumed it was the last ball and was lucky it was Meath.

Or maybe the draw is rigged?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 16, 2007, 01:24:13 PM
Did I mishear yesterday, or did Michael Lyster make a gaff in the draw for the qualifiers third round? When the second last draw was being made, Galway v ...., I thought he said, this better be Meath, and it is. As if it was already known, or he thought it was the last draw, even though obviously Louth and Cork were still there. Maybe I misheard, or maybe it was an honest mistake in that he assumed it was the last ball and was lucky it was Meath.

All valid possibilites AZ, assumed that the time that he'd forgotten there were two left, but that's only an assumption.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

GalwayBayBoy

A few people noticed it AZ.

Meath and Louth were still left to be precise in that end of the draw anyway.

Hound

They don't rig it, but they try to make it look like they do!

I think the simple answer is that Lyster is from Galway, and sitting beside him was O'Rourke from Meath, so with Galway been drawn and a strong chance of getting Meath, out it blurted.

EC Unique

When will the next Minor matches be? I take it they will not be a curtain raiser for the seniors until semi-final stage??

orangeman

Jesus by no means are Kerry certainties - 4 or 5 teams can win this All Ireland - it is completely wide open - ok Keery anre favourites but there's a lot of football to be played yet !

Mike Sheehy

QuoteStar Spangler

Dublin would probably have to get past Kerry first before Tyrone could have a pop.  Potentially a dream final from a Tyrone perspective if Dublin were to beat Kerry.  '95 is still a very sore point!!

Shouldn't this thread be "Tyrones to lose". The Tyrone lads seem convinced they are in the final already (see above) and its only a question of who they'll have to beat in the final

orangeman

Mike Sheehy - I think you have misinterpreted that one ! Tyrone know thay are by no means the finished article at this stage - ok they do harbour ambitions of another tilt at Sam - but at this stage I'd say 4/5 teams have similar ambitions.

Rossfan

Quote from: EC Unique on July 16, 2007, 01:35:38 PM
When will the next Minor matches be? I take it they will not be a curtain raiser for the seniors until semi-final stage??

Quarter Finals were scheduled for the Bank Holiday weekend Saturday 4th August.
I presume the Connacht v Leinster ones will be a double header in Portlaoise with the Ulster/Munster stuff in Parnell Park?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Elias

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2007, 08:28:42 PM
QuoteStar Spangler

Dublin would probably have to get past Kerry first before Tyrone could have a pop.  Potentially a dream final from a Tyrone perspective if Dublin were to beat Kerry.  '95 is still a very sore point!!

Shouldn't this thread be "Tyrones to lose". The Tyrone lads seem convinced they are in the final already (see above) and its only a question of who they'll have to beat in the final

Thats a bit rich coming from a kingdom supporter isn't it? We're by no means anywhere near the final, unlike Kerry, who just have to turn up to have teams rolling over for them   :P

johnpower

Quote from: Elias on July 16, 2007, 08:42:08 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 16, 2007, 08:28:42 PM
QuoteStar Spangler

Thats a bit rich coming from a kingdom supporter isn't it? We're by no means anywhere near the final, unlike Kerry, who just have to turn up to have teams rolling over for them   :P
[/quote

Very open 12 teams left . I will not rule anyone out .Dublin and Kerry on the same side of the draw . Tyrone not looking bad . Who do Tyrone want in the 1/4 finals ?