Flags in lurgan

Started by mooncatiii, July 02, 2007, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downredblack

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 12:47:14 PM
In September 2002 a "neighbour" of mine put up a very offensive flag. I took it down that night. He put a new flag up a few days later, so I told him to take it down as we werent having flags like that and if he refused he would be looking for a new home. Problem solved he didnt want any trouble, I didnt want an Armagh flag outside my home.
Why cant the people of Lurgan just take these flags down. Do it in the middle of the night if necessary, but take them down.
Problem solved.

:D :D

GweylTah

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 01:19:59 PM
How can an illegal flag belong to someone?

I see yer oul mate Gerry is shaking hands with Huge Order today  ::) He`ll be marching down the Garvaghy Rd with Paisley next

I thought it was a progressive step by Adams - perfectly normal and sensible for a British MP to be meeting the chief of police, and doing more good for his constituents then fecking-up election prospects for his party in another state where he knows little about what makes the electorate  there tick.

;)

Donagh

Tis indeed a progressive step by the Beard. Also good to see oul Paisley finally acting like an Irishman by sticking it to the Brits and taking on the SF abstentionist policy in the foreign Parliament.  ;D

GweylTah

Quote from: Donagh on July 04, 2007, 02:13:02 PM
Tis indeed a progressive step by the Beard. Also good to see oul Paisley finally acting like an Irishman by sticking it to the Brits and taking on the SF abstentionist policy in the foreign Parliament.  ;D

Yep, abstentionist in a being there sort of way - Paisley was the last but one MP called last week at PMQs (in Westminster) to pay tribute to Blair. As abstentionism goes I've seen better.

Do keep up dear.

Many more roads to Damascus and Beardy will be elevated to the Lords when he steps down / loses west Belfast.

Lord Adams anyone?

Donagh

No in a we won't bother turning up to NI Questions anymore kind of way. Demanding (no less) an all-Ireland tax rate, giving press conferences surrounded by Ministers Ruane, Murphy and Kelly, giving the new pro-consul the cold shoulder, telling the NIO where to stick it, etc etc...

Every time he opens his mouth he weakens the link with Britain. Aye the union is safe with oul Paisley  :D

MW

Quote from: GweylTah on July 04, 2007, 02:24:05 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 04, 2007, 02:13:02 PM

Yep, abstentionist in a being there sort of way - Paisley was the last but one MP called last week at PMQs (in Westminster) to pay tribute to Blair. As abstentionism goes I've seen better.

Do keep up dear.

Many more roads to Damascus and Beardy will be elevated to the Lords when he steps down / loses west Belfast.

Lord Adams anyone?

Here...isn't Blair kind of on the road to Damascus now?

I'll get my coat :-[

lynchbhoy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 01:19:59 PM
He`ll be marching down the Garvaghy Rd with Paisley next
I have been advocating this for the past couple of years.
I would make all marches require both communities participate

stew

So the hatemongers that perpetuate the violence in the north are at it again around the glorious twelfth celebrations and Lurgan nationalists are once again living in fear because they get no support from the ruc/pissni.

Nothing much has changed at home at all, the unionist/loyalists still act like they own the place and the filth still pander to them and stick it to nationalist families where and when they can.

It is interesting to read the comments from the owc contingent on here at this time of year, they seem to have a bit more bile than usual in their posts and despite the fact that they all claim to be athiests they still show their true colours at this time of year because they cannot help themselves.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

QuoteIt is interesting to read the comments from the owc contingent on here at this time of year, they seem to have a bit more bile than usual in their posts

aye whatever stew

Our Nail Loney

Will probably sound stupid here but whats OWC?

BallyhaiseMan

Our Nail Loney

onl? i'm still oblivious?

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on July 04, 2007, 04:07:18 PM
It is interesting to read the comments from the owc contingent on here at this time of year, they seem to have a bit more bile than usual in their posts and despite the fact that they all claim to be athiests they still show their true colours at this time of year because they cannot help themselves.

I don't know whether you've got me (OWC, Athiest) in mind, or not, but my attitude to Orange marches is simple. Generally, anyone who wishes to march peacefully should be allowed to do so, wherever they like. Equally, anyone who is disturbed by them, should be allowed to register their protest, likewise in a peaceful manner.

Of course, as Whiterock showed the other day, it would help immeasurably if the marchers avoided provocative routes and the protestors avoided going out of their way to be offended.
Unfortunately, such forebearance has been in short supply on both sides in recent years, so I conclude* one lot's as bad as the other.

As for myself, I'm not a member of the OO, would never become one, and think far too many in the organisation have behaved disgracefully in recent years. (Bit like certain "Concerned Residents Associations" in fact)

* - Sorry if my conclusion offends anyone, but I just can't help myself, apparently... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 04, 2007, 04:20:25 PM
onl? i'm still oblivious?

???

Northern Ireland Soccer website. Our Wee Country or something like that.Google it

GweylTah

Quote from: stew on July 04, 2007, 04:07:18 PM
So the hatemongers that perpetuate the violence in the north are at it again around the glorious twelfth celebrations and Lurgan nationalists are once again living in fear because they get no support from the ruc/pissni.

Nothing much has changed at home at all, the unionist/loyalists still act like they own the place and the filth still pander to them and stick it to nationalist families where and when they can.

You need some loving - pity that, being a man (I think), you wouldnt be my type.

Maybe you would be up for a Daddy?