Flags in lurgan

Started by mooncatiii, July 02, 2007, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

seems like a bad buzz going on up there reading through the posts. I've no probs with people putting up flags but putting them up just to piss other people off is just a joke.

is there no community voard or something where all this can be agreed before had to stop this type of riotng?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Denver Mayobridge

Well any word from whats going on tonight? What about your fella Nail?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on July 03, 2007, 03:08:50 PM
But sure themmuns are all the same aren't they?  ::)
jeez sam
by 90% voting dup, plus all the interactions the dup/oo/loyalists/unionists seem to have rounded themselves up into being a 'themmuns' category  :o :D

Our Nail Loney

Nothing went on here last night, was up the town about half nine and it was like a ghost town apart from some spides in rangers tops around julies kitchen drinking cider down that alley

mooncatiii

Quote from: SammyG on July 03, 2007, 03:08:50 PM
Donagh

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between the OO, the general Unionist community, Loyalist paramilitaries, kids who put up flegs, the security forces etc etc etc

But sure themmuns are all the same aren't they?  ::)

these people r not kids who put up the flags they fully grown men and r usually under the watchful eye of the their elected representives ie samuel gardiner,  and correct me if im wrong but do the orange order not have a paramilitary wing called the orange volunteers? facts r that there would be no trouble if the flags and parade was kept to their area such as the top of the town and not down round outside the mainly catholic bars and clubs in the town!  the council dont put the flags up anymore the people from that area dont want then there, the chamber of commerce from the town do not want there so why r these flags allowed to be put up on every lamppost in the town

u dnt see us plastering the town in tri colours for st paddys day celebration of a saint, but its ok to plaster the town in flags and bunting to celebrate hundreds of catholics being killed!  its about time we moved from this bigotry if they wanted to celebrate thsi then do in their own area because i know i dont wana see it!
shazam

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Flegs should not appear on thoroughfares - i.e. sorry, folks, but taking Lurgan as an example, plastering the Belfast or Gilford or Banbridge Road with UJs and 'the fleg of Norn Iron up to 1972' is not acceptable - it's still threatening, it still ghettoises, it still marks out 'territory' and it's no welcome to anyone outside of that area, be them tourists or foreign nationals having to work here.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 12:47:14 PM

Why cant the people of Lurgan just take these flags down. Do it in the middle of the night if necessary, but take them down.

Because the town centre is swamped with CCTV and the PSNI have warned and charged people with "disturbance of the peace" and "theft" for removing the flags.

mooncatiii

Quote from: Donagh on July 04, 2007, 12:50:33 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 12:47:14 PM

Why cant the people of Lurgan just take these flags down. Do it in the middle of the night if necessary, but take them down.

Because the town centre is swamped with CCTV and the PSNI have warned and charged people with "disturbance of the peace" and "theft" for removing the flags.

no what he means is catholics get these charges brought upon them as police land rovers sat by and watched in the early hours of monday mornin as protestants climbed up ladders to remove tri colours but a catholics climbs the lampost on monday afternoon and is warned about "breach of the peace"

double standards?
shazam

Donagh

Doesn't matter whether it's illegal or not. Still belongs to the people that put it up. I was lifted one time and actually charged with "theft by finding" after I picked up one of the said items a few years back after it had 'accidentally' fell of a lamppost.  ;)  Charge was dropped as they couldn't prove I was actually making off with the item.

Yes they are pretty much the same but changing by the day.

Donagh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 04, 2007, 01:19:59 PM
How can an illegal flag belong to someone?

I see yer oul mate Gerry is shaking hands with Huge Order today  ::) He`ll be marching down the Garvaghy Rd with Paisley next

Not saying I agree with it or even understand it but that's how the excuse it.

The only way Paisley will walk down the road is with permission from my other oul mate Breandan and the people of the road. They'll be backed in that by all the nationalists and republicans in North Armagh.

Our Nail Loney

Don't worry lads me and my da will take them down tonight

Will be a brave fella to stop us

illdecide

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 04, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

I'm sorry son, i can't make it tonight. some other night eh!! ;) ;) :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Our Nail Loney

You wouldn't even be worthy to kiss our Jim's boots son!

full back

Quote from: illdecide on July 04, 2007, 01:30:32 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 04, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

I'm sorry son, i can't make it tonight. some other night eh!! ;) ;) :D :D

:D
Aw, new posters - just like fresh meat - eh

SouthArmaghBandit

Grow a pair of b*lls and take the feckers down!  >:(