Jarlath Burns Views on the Politics of the Maze Stadium

Started by SammyG, June 25, 2007, 11:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Donagh on June 25, 2007, 01:46:55 PM
Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 01:32:31 PM
Interesting but also completely irrelevant, given that the GAA vetoed the proposals and left us with the mess we're now in.

Aye, sure it's all the GAAs fault.  :D

Comforting to know that when the chips are down, NI soccer people will always revert to type.

Comforting to note that you still don't read what I actually wrote, rather than what you think I wrote. My mention of the GAA veto was in answer to the previous post, not in relation the whole fiasco. As I have said many times the GAA have played a blinder over the Maze, if it gets built they've got everything the want and if (as seems likely) it goes belly up, they haven't lost anything.

It's good to know that you have such a high opinion of the GAA in comparison to  the the IFA samuel.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Such a load of shite sammy because of the views of one person.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SammyG

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 25, 2007, 06:11:24 PM
Such a load of shite sammy because of the views of one person.

What shite, I haven't said anything, I asked for people's opinions of JB's comments, hardly a hanging offence.

pintsofguinness

Evil Genius

We know Jarlath said what he did - it's repeated tomight on BBC NI if anyone doubts this.

But instead of laying into Sammy for asking the question, is there anyone out there from amongst the GAA community who might enlighten those of us outside of it as to the following, namely: why did Burns say what he did publicly?

I can only think of three explanations:
1. He was simply making it up;
2. He imagined it to be so;
3. He has some sort of grounds for believing it so (i.e. more than just imagination).

If it is No.1, is he the sort to make things up and if so, to what effect or purpose?

If No. 2, is he normally someone who lets his (presumably vivid) imagination run away with him to concoct something out of nothing?

If No.3, whether his account is strictly accurate or not, what do GAA fans think of the situation whereby the GAA may be "doing deals" of one sort or another with SF?

I genuinely would appreciate it if people could stick to these points (though I don't feel I should have to ask this, if truth be told)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

QuoteBut instead of laying into Sammy for asking the question, is there anyone out there from amongst the GAA community who might enlighten those of us outside of it as to the following, namely: why did Burns say what he did publicly?

3. He has some sort of grounds for believing it so (i.e. more than just imagination).
I don't think there is anyone laying into sammy for asking the question, more for making a mountain out of molehill.
As jarlath said many in the gaa cant understand why the gaa are going ahead with this stadium.  My own belief is that they don't want to be the ones to pull the plug, jarlath's belief (as I see it) is that they are doing the shinners a favour for keeping out of the rule 21 and 42 debates.  You'd probably need to ask him why he came to that conclusion as I don't see anyone here agreeing with him.

Longtimedead
QuoteJarlath just likes to see his name in print - the only think the man isn't in is the crib - pinch of salt here!
You'd know a lot about him alright!
He does a serious amount of work, particularly for his club, that is never mentioned anywhere!

ziggysego

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 25, 2007, 07:29:49 PM

I would say 2.
Testing Accessibility

SammyG

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 25, 2007, 08:06:06 PMI don't think there is anyone laying into sammy for asking the question, more for making a mountain out of molehill.

How have I made a mountian out of a molehill? I haven't made any comment other than quoting what JB said. It just seemed a very strange thing for a respected GAA head to be saying on a TV programme.

To put the but on the other foot. Can you imagine if Gerry Armstrong had made a statement that the IFA were doing deals with the DUP? Do you think that some questions might have been asked, on this board?

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 09:24:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 25, 2007, 08:06:06 PMI don't think there is anyone laying into sammy for asking the question, more for making a mountain out of molehill.

How have I made a mountian out of a molehill? I haven't made any comment other than quoting what JB said. It just seemed a very strange thing for a respected GAA head to be saying on a TV programme.

To put the but on the other foot. Can you imagine if Gerry Armstrong had made a statement that the IFA were doing deals with the DUP? Do you think that some questions might have been asked, on this board?

Take a redner sammy, you cannot in all good faith compare the dup and the shinners!

SammyG

Quote from: stew on June 25, 2007, 09:27:34 PM

Take a redner sammy, you cannot in all good faith compare the dup and the shinners!

WTF are you on about? Where have I compared the DUP to SF? I presume you've been on the beer this afternoon.  ::)

pintsofguinness

There you go again sammy, mountain out of a molehill, jarlath never said the GAA and the shinners were doing deals. 

SammyG

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 25, 2007, 09:31:04 PM
There you go again sammy, mountain out of a molehill, jarlath never said the GAA and the shinners were doing deals. 
He said that he believed that the GAA and SF were doing deals.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 09:32:17 PM

And he is wrong sammy, move along then.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 09:32:17 PM
Unsaid unwritten agreements.  Funny deals. 
Even if you stretch out what he's saying as far as it'll go to suit your agenda have you noticed that not one person here agrees with him?