Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitzelsperger

fair play to marty, he goes about his game like a seasoned pro, no f**king about, no getting involved in the physical stuff or any sh*t like that, just gets his hands on the ball and delivers it to the forwards. i notice he plays the game just like  he plays gaelic, suppose in time that'll change but at the minute hes a legend...he could have chris judd beside him in midfield nxt year which will be brilliant to watch!

magickingdom

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 29, 2007, 12:02:27 PM
Geelong won a very one sided Grand Final 163 - 44.
Looks like Marty Clarke was one kick away from a Premiership medal in his first season.

that would have been some story if collingwood had won it... if not collingwood i'm glad geelong got it..

southdown

He does indeed.  In fact he is a big NI fan.  Went to the Canada game with him a few years ago.  I may be wrong, but i seem to recall OWC sending him a letter of support before one of the McRory cup finals he played in.  Oddly enough he also supports Derby County.

southdown

And i think his brother John supports either Notts Forestor Notts County!

mourne gael

Quote from: southdown on September 30, 2007, 06:46:54 PM
And i think his brother John supports either Notts Forestor Notts County!

forest
if somethings for you' it will not pass you by.....

ykickamoocow

Dyas agrees to join Collingwood

Armagh's young star Kevin Dyas has signed a two-year rookie contract with Australian Rules side Collingwood.
The teenager from Dromintee will link up with former Down starlet Martin Clarke who has made such a brilliant start to his career Down Under.

Dyas switches codes after a successful four-week trial last month and took little time in deciding to accept a contract with the Melbourne-based club.

The 19-year-old Dromintee player was impressed by the Collingwood set-up.

"They are a very professional, a team that takes the game seriously, with a very professional game plan.

"I would be going out to give it my best shot, there would be no point wasting my time."

Clarke, who moved to Collingwood last year, has been a revelation since he was elevated into Magpies senior squad.

"He has been very impressive, and is playing really well," said Dyas.

"He was one of the best players when I was there."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7023963.stm

whiskeysteve

good digging me boyo - 5 days after the story breaks
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

the Deel Rover

Did he play senior with his club before he went to Australia 5ivetimes and what position did he play?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

fair play to the lad. I was watching a recording of the  down v's mayo Ai minor match, he has fairly bulked up since then just shows what you can do in a year or two
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Will many of that minor team make the grade or are you like ourselves in that they just seem to drift away and not make the senior grade
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

zoyler

Was that the league final or semifinal last night?

Cloc Mor

Final won by An Riocht - check the Down thread on this.

orangeman

I hear Clarke was outstanding last night !

orangeman

Can you post article please 5TIMES ? Thanks

full forward

BBC Northern Ireland are showing a documentary about Clarke on Wednesday night, showing behind the scenes in Australia, and playing with An Riocht. Sounds like it is worth a watch!Heres the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/season_ticket/7061799.stm