Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Bit of a strange one, wonder has he ever been to Windsor and cheered on Killespie and the boys.

Tyrone Dreamer

There's my answer! Suppose depending on were your sitting you'd nearly feel obliged to sing along with the anthem before the game. The aussies are quite keen to emphasis that theyre recruiting in 2 countries.

Our Nail Loney

Where's the slanging match?? The threads about Marty and someone just asked about him supporting NI! Thats it!

Tyrone Dreamer

Fair point 5times. I was just curious after reading the article with the aussies were they kept going on about searching for talent in the republic of ireland and northern ireland. Maybe they should take in a match between the 2 some time.

stephenite

Had to see Collingwood getting a win over Geelong, they've had a week off and have been absolutely awesome all season

downredblack

Does anyone know if you can you get the game live on the Net ?

zoyler

I think you have to be a paid subscriber to AFL/PIGPOND website to get it.  In Europe Setanta Sky Chanel 430 is your main hope.

By the way lets not get hung up on this N.I/RoI stuff.  Its most unlikely anyone in OZ has the slightest idea of what you are on about or for that matter cares!

Glensman

It really is bloody mad to see that Martin Clarke is playing in the same line as Nathan Buckley (all time legend) in his first year.
The level of madness isn't actually being appreciate.
I would pay good money to be able to see the game today but don't think the boss would appreciate it.

stiffler

When i was in Australia and people asked me where in Ireland I was from and i said the North, quite often the reply was along the lines of 'Oh, your a protestant then'  :-\
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Jinxy

If you go to the gameday live section on www.afl.com.au you can listen to the game and get all the stats etc. 3AW is the best station for the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

downredblack

zoyler

Collingwood just hanging on but Clarke is outstanding in that quarter.  Its just amazing that he can be so good in so short a time - a natural athlete and footballer in any code!

Declan

Just got this from a mate at the game:

Marty Clarke an abslolute blinder 2nd qtr. Shitting bricks! 5 pts diff.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would he have made as big an impact with Down this year? Im sure there would have been calls not to rush him into senior county football. Hope we dont lose to many more players of this quality, would have done a lot for football in Down to have a player of this quality. Getting back to an earlier point, a match between the north and south would make for interesting viewing and Id imagine would capture a fair bit of interest.

downredblack

The lads on the radio are great , " mongrel finger breaker " " the crowd are going ape droppings"
They want to know if Marty has any Brothers . Exciting stuff .