Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

What's Fergie going to do now . . . having probably convinced all the players that the world's against them it now appears that Arsenal actually hold that crux.

This will be a true test of his managerial and motivational ability!!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on March 09, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
What's Fergie going to do now . . . having probably convinced all the players that the world's against them it now appears that Arsenal actually hold that crux.

This will be a true test of his managerial and motivational ability!!

Fergie has little to prove in either department

ross4life

Antonio Valencia was tipped to play in todays reserve game v Blackpool but he wasn't even named on the bench... could mean one of two things? a break down in recovery or will be part of the squad for Saturday?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2011, 03:56:12 PM
Antonio Valencia was tipped to play in todays reserve game v Blackpool but he wasn't even named on the bench... could mean one of two things? a break down in recovery or will be part of the squad for Saturday?

He travelled on Sunday as well. Taking part in full training. My guess would be squad on Saturday with a run from the bench. Would be some boost to get him back. I take it we can forget about Hargreves at this stage?

ross4life

Doesn't look like Hargreaves will play for United again he'll probably retire from football in the summer. Park,Rio & Anderson are expected back in the next week or so

Will be interesting to see what type of team fergie picks for Saturday with Marseille to play on Tuesday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Big Puff

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2011, 04:26:10 PM
Doesn't look like Hargreaves will play for United again he'll probably retire from football in the summer. Park,Rio & Anderson are expected back in the next week or so

Will be interesting to see what type of team fergie picks for Saturday with Marseille to play on Tuesday.

when is nani due back?

ross4life

Official word is United won't know untill the swelling goes down & are hoping theres no infection in the wound.

Big Puff

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2011, 07:24:26 PM
Official word is United won't know untill the swelling goes down & are hoping theres no infection in the wound.

so not likely back for the next 2 matches then?

ross4life

I can imagine 2/3 maybe more games? when he comes back United could have only the league to play for  :-\

EC Unique

If they are top of the league I would not care about the other competitions.

CountyMan

Quote from: EC Unique on March 09, 2011, 07:57:07 PM

I would agree, we should be focusing more on the league rather than the F.A cup anyway and im sure Fergie is and regarding the Champions league, It is always brilliant to see your team go far but could united really beat the likes of Real or Barca with there current form this season?

Boycey

Quote from: CountyMan on March 10, 2011, 12:08:30 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 09, 2011, 07:57:07 PM

I would agree, we should be focusing more on the league rather than the F.A cup anyway and im sure Fergie is and regarding the Champions league, It is always brilliant to see your team go far but could united really beat the likes of Real or Barca with there current form this season?

All common logic tells you that United can't compete on 3 fronts and that perhaps defeat to either Arsenal or Marseille in the next two games, or even both?, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but thankfully football isn't always a same of logic. Look at Arsenal against Barca, comprehensively outplayed over 2 legs, they were a poor refereeing decision and a mis-control from Bendtner away from going through so as far as I'm concerned bring in on and if we fail we fail..

J OGorman

forget about the cup and the biggest club competition in world football. As long as you get 19 so you can slabber to barstooling liverpool fans in a pub in Ireland that we have won more English league titles than you have, thats all that really matters at the end of the day, like

EC Unique

Quote from: J OGorman on March 10, 2011, 01:27:16 PM
forget about the cup and the biggest club competition in world football. As long as you get 19 so you can slabber to barstooling liverpool fans in a pub in Ireland that we have won more English league titles than you have, thats all that really matters at the end of the day, like

For a long time now the league has been Utd's speciality. That is the one I, as a Utd supporter, want. Anything else is a bonus. (The number 19 v 18 thing would be nice too) :D

ross4life

As i said already progress in the cups could damage uniteds title challenge e.g if united were to beat Arsenal on sat the Newcastle game will have to be rescheduled

I came across this Brian Clough interview the other day I'm sure fergie feels the same about the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAZsoF-ghw&feature=player_embedded

So confirmed this morning, Nani out for a month maybe more,Valencia, Rio and Park won't play tomorrow.