Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 29, 2010, 09:55:47 PM
Great win for Utd, Valencia (Soldado) in particular will be kicking themselves. Great goal by Hernandez. United now need to control the hype that will inevitably follow - one of my mates has already texted me describing him as "the most exciting young striker in Europe."

How worried are United fans about Evra? He's looked incredibly shaky for the last six months and was comfortably beaten on several occasions tonight.

Also, how come Vidic was captain?

Is he not the new Pele?

The lighter brown but actually just Caucasian and heavily tanned Pele? Might be a bit of a mouthful to fit on a banner.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on September 29, 2010, 09:55:47 PM
Great win for Utd, Valencia (Soldado) in particular will be kicking themselves. Great goal by Hernandez. United now need to control the hype that will inevitably follow - one of my mates has already texted me describing him as "the most exciting young striker in Europe."

How worried are United fans about Evra? He's looked incredibly shaky for the last six months and was comfortably beaten on several occasions tonight.

Also, how come Vidic was captain?

Evra hasn't been the same player since the injury time mistake in Munich back in March! which still is united's only away defeat in the Champions league for 3 years

Vidic is Captain because fergie wanted someone that will be fit for the season so he's the team Captain & Neville is still the Squad Captain

& Vidic got a nice foot print off Soldado tonight
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on September 29, 2010, 10:48:04 PM
Vidic got a nice foot print off Soldado tonight

QuoteYep he's lucky indeed but don't you think it was a bit OTT with the crying as he went off? i didn't see Valencia weeping when his ankle bone was sticking out

Ring any bells?

EC Unique

Great to get the win last night when I would have taken a draw. The win has to be credited to Fergie who fired on two strikers when others would have closed up at the back for a draw. The little pea looks a good buy but has to keep it going. Will he get the game time?

In control of the group now  :)

magpie seanie

Had to laugh back there when reading about Carrick. The guy is awful, a complete liability and nearly cost United last night. Glad Anderson is back and did fine. He needs to step up to the plate this season and I think he is capable. I'm worried about Evra alright. Think he needs a break. Played too many games last year and maybe the rubbish with the Frenchies is getting to him also. Young da Silva was good last night so perhaps a rest is in order cos there's little doubt he's one of the best in the world when he's in form. Slag him all you like but United are very solid when Rio plays. Hopefully he gets a decent injury free run. Want to see more of Hernandez and Macheda, both look like they're going to have a decent impact this season, especially Hernandez who looks a great buy.

6 points against the Turks and that's that.

Goats Do Shave

I think he meant it to read a rest for Evra... Da Silva can step in...

On another note... are there twin Da Silva's? - I don't think I've seen both play together yet...

It's a hoax!  :D

Boycey

I'm in the unusual position here of agreeing with Ross  :o Carricks a decent steady pro who was excellent in his first couple of years at United and certainly not a passenger.

Both Macheda and Hernandez look like they have got potential but the difficulty is getting them enough game time, I'd still expect Berba and Rooney to play most games and with Owen also needing games its hard to see them getting many starts and theres a big difference between starting and being used as an impact sub.

EC Unique

In the record run of not conceding a goal in 08/09 season one of the few constants was Carrick. He is a defensive MF player and gives great protection to the back 4. He has very little to offer in going forward but if he can put a stop to leaking at the back like we have been then I am happy enough. We will need others to be creative when he plays.

gallsman

Quote from: EC Unique on September 30, 2010, 02:24:42 PM
In the record run of not conceding a goal in 08/09 season one of the few constants was Carrick. He is a defensive MF player and gives great protection to the back 4. He has very little to offer in going forward but if he can put a stop to leaking at the back like we have been then I am happy enough. We will need others to be creative when he plays.

That's a long time ago now and he's miles off that form and has been for quite a while.

Goats Do Shave

The sunderland game is on Setanta (Ireland only) - can we watch it in northern Pubs?

shawshank

Carrick game has regressed to the point where is now a liability, anyone who is unable to see that needs to go to spec savers  ;)

nrico2006

Nani's run for the goal was brilliant, and he made another one a few minutes later where he seemingly chipped the ball ahead of him and the defender and beat him and pulled it back in the box.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 01, 2010, 09:10:16 AM
Nani's run for the goal was brilliant, and he made another one a few minutes later where he seemingly chipped the ball ahead of him and the defender and beat him and pulled it back in the box.

Yep, was unreal. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on October 01, 2010, 09:23:04 AM

At least you still watch United, funny seeing the Liverpool fans still bombarding the United thread, whereas United fans really have no concern for average to bottom half Premier League teams these days and don't bother looking at their threads.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 01, 2010, 11:55:07 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 01, 2010, 09:23:04 AM

At least you still watch United, funny seeing the Liverpool fans still bombarding the United thread, whereas United fans really have no concern for average to bottom half Premier League teams these days and don't bother looking at their threads.

And the last comment in the Liverpool thread is from....you guessed it, a United fan. ::)