Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

MUST response to MUFC financial results - more losses
In response to Manchester United's financial results a MUST spokesperson said:

"The financial results today continue to demonstrate the tremendous revenue generated by Manchester United - directly or indirectly through the unparalleled loyal support the club receives. Sadly those supporters are let down by owners who continue to extract millions from our club. Imagine how successful we could be without the millstone that is the Glazers' ownership.

Under a supporter ownership model, or even the debt free plc model prior to the Glazers takeover, this huge revenue stream could largely be reinvested in the Football Club (squad, stadium, ticket prices) rather than being leached out by the Glazers.

The pressure continues to build on them - with greater competition domestically it is going to become increasingly expensive just to maintain a place in the Champions League and the huge debt burden makes the club extremely vulnerable to any dip in revenues such as that which might be triggered by a decline in on the pitch performance. When Sir Alex retires the chances of maintaining anything like the same level of success look remote without massive investment. So the clock is ticking for the Glazers - and for the supporters too. It is time for every Manchester United supporter to join together through the supporters trust and demonstrate their desire to not only see a change in ownership but to participate in it too.

It is only a matter of time before the opportunity for a change of ownership comes and supporters need to be ready. MUST membership has grown to 163,000 but this is the tip of the iceberg and we want to see membership approaching a million (there are 3 million members on the MUFC Facebook group alone) to coincide with supporters opportunity to invest in the club when the Glazers agree to sell."

Farrandeelin

Can't understand how Fergiw insists the Glazers are 'doing a good job'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2010, 06:26:35 PM

Because its not going to be his problem in two years when he has retrired.  Any manager with anything for the club would speak out!

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 09, 2010, 03:08:16 AM

Because its not going to be his problem in two years when he has retrired.  Any manager with anything for the club would speak out!

I don't understand Fergies stand on the Glazers but to suggest he has no regard for United, behave...

EC Unique

Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2010, 10:50:35 AM

I don't understand Fergies stand on the Glazers but to suggest he has no regard for United, behave...

I'm sure what he is thinking is totally different to what he says publically. He will speak his mind when the time is right and I hope that is soon.

Minder

I can't see him saying much while he is still the manager, unless he sees the Glazers leaving soon. If the Glazers are still there when he retires they will probably be able to placate him with some sort of ambassodor role.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: EC Unique on October 09, 2010, 11:11:26 AM

I'm sure what he is thinking is totally different to what he says publically. He will speak his mind when the time is right and I hope that is soon.

Why do you think hes not speaking out Boycey? Be interesting to hear your take on it .
Personnally i think hes too drunk most of the time to even notice whats going on.

118cmal

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 09, 2010, 11:29:59 AM

Why do you think hes not speaking out Boycey? Be interesting to hear your take on it .
Personnally i think hes too drunk most of the time to even notice whats going on.

Aye Carmen I think he's been on a bender since the glazers took over.  But if he can win 3 Community Shields, 3 league cups, 3 league titles and a Champions league since they took over then keep that vino flowing  ;D ;D

ross4life

What about this guy?

Employed to put a stupid smirk on his face & say everything is ok
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: 118cmal on October 09, 2010, 12:13:14 PM

Aye Carmen I think he's been on a bender since the glazers took over.  But if he can win 3 Community Shields, 3 league cups, 3 league titles and a Champions league since they took over then keep that vino flowing  ;D ;D

We used to say that about the 'Dáil bar lobby' during the Celtic Tiger.
Another cliche you don't hear any more: 'if it aint broke don't fix it'.
MWWSI 2017

118cmal

Quote from: muppet on October 09, 2010, 02:07:40 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on October 09, 2010, 12:13:14 PM

We used to say that about the 'Dáil bar lobby' during the Celtic Tiger.
Another cliche you don't hear any more: 'if it aint broke don't fix it'.

I wasn't referring to the state of the club, but Fergies achievements since the Glazers took over.  To have won 10 trophies in those 5 years with an estimated net spend of around 20m whilst being (in carmen's words) "too drunk most of the time to even notice what's going on" is remarkable.

EC Unique

BBC

QuoteOwen Hargreaves is set to make his long-awaited return from injury in Manchester United's Premier League match against West Brom on Saturday.

The 29-year-old midfielder has not started a match since September 2008 because of a chronic knee problem.

"Owen should play some part on Saturday," the player's knee surgeon Dr Richard Steadman told BBC Sport.

"Our physical therapist, Luke O'Brien, has been working very closely with United's coaches on his rehab."

England international Hargreaves underwent surgery on each of his knees at Steadman's clinic in Vail, Colorado, in 2008 and his recovery has been beset by problems.

His last appearance for United came in May, when he played for the final three minutes of the Premier League match against Sunderland.

Hargreaves was expected to be fit for the start of this season but suffered a setback during the summer and had to return to Colorado for further work with Steadman.

The surgeon conceded: "It's been a long road back and there have been some setbacks along the way.

"But I've got a lot of admiration for the way Owen has responded - he's worked very hard and has never given up. Things are looking good for him now."

Hargreaves joined United from Bayern Munich in July 2007 but his last start for the Old Trafford outfit came in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea in September 2008.

MMM!  When he has played 3 or 4 matches in a row trouble free I will be happy. Fingers crossed for him...

magpie seanie

Good luck to the lad. After all the work he has put into it I hope it works out for him and that's without taking into account United's dire need for a fit Hargreaves. Of course he'll probably play 4 or 5 games and then get called up for and England friendly and get banjaxed again.

ross4life

Wolves in the Carling cup would be a good game to give him his 1st start for two years & he deserves a bit of luck in what has been a injury hell for the lad

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lecale2

I wouldn't let him anywhere near Wolves the way they play the game!