Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Awkward enough week ahead for United. The trip to Valencia will be followed promptly with a trip to Sunderland, who have just earned well deserved draws against Arsenal and Liverpool.
With the contrast in the way that Darren Bent and Jonny Evans are playing at the moment, we might be damn glad to come away with another away draw next weekend.

Here's a question for ye lads (and lassies).......Has the time now arrived for Michael Owen to be given his chance in a United jersey?
3 goals away from home in the past week underline that he still has what it takes in front of goal.
Am i the only United supporter who is starting to get pissed off at Rooney's skulking presence and shit performances. Since last March, he has managed just one goal for United (a penalty).
Is it time to make him earn his place in the team.?

We all know about how good he was last season, but as they say about stocks and shares,''past performance is no guarantee of future performance''.

United are under pressure to get a result in Spain this week, especially if Rangers beat Bursaspor.

Rooney needs to shake himself up, or else Fergie may be left with a very awkward decision, such as leaving him on the bench for a while.

ross4life

To be honest two of three goals were vs Scunthorpe & Owen isn't the player he once was with his pace now gone, i don't like the way Fergie is using Javier Hernandez.... on Wednesday he played him as a winger & today he didn't even make the bench

Indeed two really difficult games, Valencia are the form team in Spain unbeaten & top of the Table! United's last two visits to the Mestalla ended 0-0 i would settle for that again & Vs Sunderland hopefully United can get there first away win of the season but united's results after traveling in Europe is poor  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

Think you're a bit harsh on Rooney Shrewdness, he was clearly not fit towards the end of last season and I don't think his performances have been that bad this season (despite his lack of goals). I'd be of the opinion that he'll not get his form back sitting on the bench.

Berbatovs a certainty for Wednesday night and given Fergies fondness for a 5 man midfield in big Euro games Rooney will probably play on the left.

I think peoples expectations for Hernanadez were unrealistically high probably because of a couple of good World Cup goals, he's a young lad who has come from a different standard of football and a different culture and will probably take a year or so to bed in. Probably limited to 10-12 starts this season.

ballinaman

Odd game. Never looked under pressure, fletch and berbatovs missed chances baring down on goal were crucial. Happy enough with the draw all things considering, ie Evans being seriously dodge....elmander had a glorious chance after the usual evans fcuk up. 3 points behind with a rocky defense isn't terrible....it could be worse, could be a scouse supporter.

118cmal

I really cant see Ferguson leaving Rooney out at the moment.  If he plays two strikers, Rooney will be one of them.  Class is permanent.

However, would anyone prefer to see Smalling given a chance instead of Evans?  I probably would at the minute.  I think he'd be a more natural partner for vidic than Evans, and Evans seems like a liability at present.

NAG1

Evans is a total liability, dont know why he is getting so many chances. Smalling does look the business and hopefully he will get few chances as well.

Think fergusons lack of transfer action is going to cos united the title, the team is crying out for a creative midfielder.

EC Unique

QuoteWayne Rooney will not travel with the Manchester United squad for Wednesday's Champions League match against Valencia because of an ankle injury.

The Premier League club had hoped the 24-year-old striker would be fit for the crunch tie at the Mestalla Stadium.

But Rooney, who was substituted in the second half of Sunday's 2-2 draw with Bolton due to the problem, now joins winger Ryan Giggs on the sidelines.

Giggs has a hamstring problem that will rule out for the next two weeks.

United, who opened their Group C campaign with a disappointing 0-0 draw with Rangers, face a Valencia side currently top of La Liga.

The Spanish club began their Champions League quest with a 4-0 defeat of Turkish team Bursaspor.

Rooney, 23, has endured a poor start to the season, with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitting last week that the striker is feeling the strain of being in the media spotlight after allegations about his private life.

ross4life

Yep Rooney out! I guess Berba with an 5 man midfield on Wednesday
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

118cmal

Hopefully Anderson's fit enough to start and Rafael gets some game time too.  Hopefully the team will line out something like this:

VDS

Rafael Vidic Smalling Evra

Nani Scholes Anderson Gibson Park

Berbs

ross4life

Fit Rio is badly needed! Carrick is suppose to be back in training & Wes Brown is an option at RB

Man United's Champions league results in Spain

Villarreal 0-0
Barcelona 0-0
Villarreal 0-0
Real Madrid 3-1
Deportivo 2-1
Deportivo 0-2
Valencia 0-0
Valencia 0-0
Real Madrid 0-0
Barcelona 3-3
Barcelona 4-0

Only one win & plenty of 0-0 draws & 8/1 for a 0-0 this time around

P.S Bebe is not in the reserve squad tonight, on the plane to Spain Tomorrow?

ross4life

Scholes was left behind to rest? the midfielders in Spain are Anderson, Bebe, Nani, Carrick, Gibson, Fletcher, Park

Good to see Carrick,Brown & Rio in the Squad

Team could be?

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Park
Gibson
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani
Berba

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on September 28, 2010, 04:40:31 PM
Scholes was left behind to rest? the midfielders in Spain are Anderson, Bebe, Nani, Carrick, Gibson, Fletcher, Park

Team could be?

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Park
Gibson
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani
Berba

Why? He's awful.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2010, 04:44:33 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 28, 2010, 04:40:31 PM

Team could be?

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Park
Gibson
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani
Berba

Why? He's awful.

Better than O' Shea, overweight Anderson or Gibson on his own with Fletcher in midfield

Yep awful a guy that was one of the first choice midfielders in the three in row league titles & back to back Champions league finals  ::)

supersarsfields

Doesn't make him any use now Ross.

He's been piss poor for the last season and a half - two seasons.

ross4life

Never said he was an Keane,Scholes or Robson but "awful" is a bit extreme