My three would be Richards. gattuso & torres

money and contracts no object, it'd be ayala, kaka and torres

maxpower

If Money and contracts where no problem and the clubs would sell i'd go for

Essien
Kaka
Torres

but i'd be happy with

Berbatov & Hargreaves, though i think a replacement for Giggs needs to be found asap.
What happens next????

Uladh

looks like nani is being lined up for that job.

ribery would a great signing and cr could play on the left.

personally i think giggs has another couple of seasons in him doing a job as a creative central midfielder... as he did to great effect last year. himself and scholes could rotate in that role.

Square Ball

what about Leighton Baines from Wigan as a replacement for Nev?

Not a great fan of Hargreaves, so what will he offer us especially at the £18 million being mentioned?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

AZOffaly

Well done to United on #16. Well deserved this year as they kept picking up the points late in games, and when they did slip up no-one could punish them. One of Ferguson's best achievements in my opinion, as to win a title with such a thin squad is very hard to do.

Enjoy it, and I hope next season Liverpool can take it off ye.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Square Ball on May 08, 2007, 01:29:48 PM
what about Leighton Baines from Wigan as a replacement for Nev?

Good player...is he not left back though? Bardsley will come back...so that leaves himself & Wes to back up Nevs. I don't think we need any defensive changes! - If they want to freshen it up bring Johnny Evans & Pique back!

Essien/Gerrard, Torres/Huntelaar & Berbatov would do the trick for me!

I think you'll find us playing 3 middle men next year with 3 forwards...Rooney, Ronaldo & AN Other (He's some player!)

An Fear Rua

dont get too carried away, where is the money coming from? Utd dont have any and Glazers net expenditure on players since they arrived has been zero! Im not expecting to see too much, possibly a striker for relatively big money, and the departure of saha and poss heinze to get the cash to do so. It will be the same story as last year, lots of wild goose chases and down right lies from Gill et al, and Fergie will trot out the line about how hes happy with his squad, all the young players like opie fletch etc ahve won a league and deserve their chances etc.

The league was won despite the 3 stooges , not thanks to them
Its Grim up North

Goats Do Shave

I know UTD have sold players like Howard, Obi Wan Kanobi & Ruud...but the money got in for those players was good business as far as im concerned - they also got rid of a bit of the dead wood coming through the ranks!!

Since the yanks have taken over UTD have got in Evra (£5.5m), Ji-Sung Park (£4m), Nemanja Vidic (£7m) and Michael Carrick (£18.6m).

I don't think they can be criticsed on the spending front...as yet! Fergie never really goes too mad in the transfer market.

ps. I know I was being very optimistic with my 3 signings...but it was if money was no object...those are the players I think would slot well into OT.  ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 07, 2007, 02:43:58 AM
Congrats to Man Ure on winning the league today. Put this on the Man Ure thread.
Laois Lad, stay off the  Man Ure thread and stop winding ppl up, it may come back to haunt u.

Huh ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Any word of what sort of team Sir Alex is playing tonight?

5 Sams

For any Mickeys boasting about the Champions league Final....the best comeback I've heard to date....

"You can't win the Premiership on penalties!!"
The Aristocrat Years

gawa316

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 09, 2007, 02:35:08 PM
For any Mickeys boasting about the Champions league Final....the best comeback I've heard to date....

"You can't win the Premiership on penalties!!"

Jaysus I wouldn't like to hear the other ones you've heard if you think thats good!!

Square Ball

What are the wittiest replies? mine usually contain profanaties and end in off
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea: Carlo, Paulo, Essien, JT, Bridge, Dairra, Mikel, Maka, Sinclair, SWP, Kalou: Subs:Hillario, geremi, Morais, J Cole, Sahar
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone