Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Uladh on May 03, 2007, 10:29:36 PM
Quote from: Syd The Sailor on May 03, 2007, 09:09:48 PM
He will win you all the Premierships you want but when the bar is raised he has been found wanting on so many occasions.

The irony is Syd you blithering idiot, that it is universally recognised that the premiership is infinately more difficult to win than the 3/4 place teams league (AKA Champions league)

Thats why Liverpool have a big fat zero.

Mmm, first point "infinately" is spelt infinitley, petty i know but sure what the hell. So you see it as a bigger challenge playing Watford, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Reading, Charlton etc etc twice a season than playing the best teams from Germany, Italy and Spain? Strange logic indeed, would i be right in saying if you had beaten Milan last night you would have sat last night pulling your wire at the thought of another Champions League trophy or would it still have the same lustre as the Carling Cup?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

superblues

if you dont think its as big of challenge explain why liverpool have never won the premiership

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: superblues on May 03, 2007, 10:48:40 PM
if you dont think its as big of challenge explain why liverpool have never won the premiership

Because other teams finished above us and we always had a tosser for a manager, dont have that problem anymore. The point i was making that you are obviously too f**king stupid to pick up on is the difference in quality of opposition in latter stages of CL compared to Premiership, what is Uniteds away record in CL last few years, 2 wins or something??
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

superblues

so the quality better  in the cl so in that case you should win the leauge every year you p***k

Goats Do Shave

The facts:

- Liverpool are 18 points behind UTD after playing an extra game;
- UTD have defeated Liverpool twice in the league this year (feck that hurts doesn't it!!!  ;D );
- Liverpool have struggled against these mediocre teams that you suggest make the premiership a lesser competition!

EDIT - More facts:
- Gattuso knows his stuff!! - http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6623117.stm  8)
- & Evra - asked to live beside a church, so he could thank God he plays for the GREATEST club in the world!  :D

PS. The Scouser are, ONCE AGAIN, gonna win FOOK ALL!!

16 years & counting!!!  ;)

Uladh

The cream always rises to the top over the duration of a league campaign. every mug has a shot in a knockout competition.. ask john aldridge.

is this not rafa's third woeful premiership campaign in charge?

An Fear Rua

Another successful night in Manchester last night.
FC United completed the league and cup double, and Ronnie wind Football Writers player of the year,"Cristiano was a runaway winner, and deservedly so," said Paul Hetherington, chairman of the FWA.
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

Ronaldo does deserve that award - absolutely. He's may not be "the best player in the world" but I would ask if anyone, including the likes of Kaka has had as much impact over the course of the season as Ronaldo? Consistently he has produced the goods for United. Yes, he hasn't performed in the two games against Milan but if Kaka had played all season like he did in the two games against United then they'd be running away with Serie A, not a Liverpool like mile away.

Happy for FC United. I understand and have a large degree of empathy with the people who set this up and I hope the successful run continues for them as they all appear to be good, honest, decent supporters who fell betrayed.

Roll on tomorrow and ikkle siddy.

An Fear Rua

4 More suspiscious packages delivered to Carrington this morning.
Thats twice in the last week, and add in the dressing room bugs and helicopters taking pics, somethings going on.....
Its Grim up North

Square Ball

Massive match tomorrow, the team selection will be a lot easier than recent best fit 11, all stats are out the window in these games and anything is possible. if we get the three points i wonder what why Chelski will respond, will they start resting players for the FA cup and play a weaker team against the Arse? time will tell
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Came accross this table of the combined premier league stats, whats the saying, the table never lies 8)

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/realtreat/premiership.html
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

You'd have to wonder what happened to leeds, 10th in that stat and looking like they'll be relagated to league 1 from the Championship, you'd have to feel a bit sorry for them!

Tomorrow is a huge game, win this one, and if Chelsea drop 1 point against Arsenal on Sunday the premiership is Utd's! I'd expect a tough game against City as they always give Utd a big one and how they'd love to lose Utd the Premiership, they'll be up for it anyway!

Norf Tyrone

QuoteYou'd have to wonder what happened to leeds, 10th in that stat and looking like they'll be relagated to league 1 from the Championship, you'd have to feel a bit sorry for them!

Come in agents Wise, Poyet and Bates, and return to base....Mission complete.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

new devil