Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

WH had to resign him from Corithans (Sp) So WH owe him ya eejit!!

Yes my mistake, should say loaned.

Stagmeister

Maybe if Ferguson had signed Agger instead of Vidic you'd be in the champions league final

Wouldnt swap Vidic for Agger in a million years...

That BBC Article is well over the top... 'Ferguson Attacks Premier league'
All he did was make one or two comments criticising them...it was a pretty tame 'Attack'
If you saw the rest of his quotes from last night you'd see he gave Milan an awful lot of praise and also conceded that United didnt look like scoring at all.

BTW its hardly a newsflash that Ferguson can be a sore loser...90% of world class managers are...don't think he moaned too much last night though

Armamike

Quotethe champions league is now like the grand national. every mug has a shot at it as there's a fair chance the quality horses will fall with exhaustion over the marathon course.

yeah right, here we go again.  The 2 finalists this year have 11  european cups between them. I'd say there's a bit of tradition there.

Ferguson needs to look further than the tiredness/jaded factor that he's now trying to peddle otherwise he will not see a team of his reach the final again. That's something like 7 semi final losses now for them during Ferguson's tenure, so he would be better off dwelling on why that might be.  Time and again his teams have been found wanting in the latter stages of the CL.

Man Utd were outclassed by Milan on the night and did not give them the respect the deserved by closing down the spaces and fighting for possession like their lives depended on it. The signs were there from the first leg, when Milan outplayed Man Utd until Gattuso went off injured. The 3-2 scoreline thereafter flattered Man u. If Liverpool allow Milan the same time and space they'll get whipped too (but they won't).

That's just, like your opinion man.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Uladh on May 03, 2007, 11:09:59 AM
Champions or those who aspire to be can't win the champions league any more. only teams who are playing friendlies between champions league ties.

the champions league is now like the grand national. every mug has a shot at it as there's a fair chance the quality horses will fall with exhaustion over the marathon course.

Recent CL Winners 2000 Real Madrid 2001 Bayern Munich 2002 Real Madrid 2003 AC Milan 2004 Porto 2005 Liverpool 2006 Barcelona. A list of total outsiders !!!!
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Mentalman

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 03, 2007, 11:14:47 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 03, 2007, 11:13:06 AM
And were liverpool charged on anything over MAscherano??

Er no!!

They had Rick Parry on the case! - If he's illegal to play for West Ham, then why is he now legal to be 'loaned' to Liverpool??

Wasn't "illegal" to play for West Ham. Another match would have triggered a purchase clause, 20,000,000 it's reported, hence why West Ham didn't play him. The trouble West Ham got in was for not declaring the full terms of the deal they signed him and Tevez for, i.e. a 3rd party could at anytime take them without the clubs permission and move them to another purchaser. It took the FAPL over two weeks to examine the terms of his deal with Liverpool to ensure no 3rd party control was involved, as Liverpool declared all the documentation and held none back. Apparently this was when the terms of the original West Ham/MSI deal came to light, and led to the hearing and fine last week.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Goats Do Shave

Porto & Liverpool were 2 outsiders....go check the odds they started off with!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Mentalman on May 03, 2007, 11:30:28 AM

Er no!!

They had Rick Parry on the case! - If he's illegal to play for West Ham, then why is he now legal to be 'loaned' to Liverpool??

is he only on loan? whats the terms of the deal? when does it end?
Wasn't "illegal" to play for West Ham. Another match would have triggered a purchase clause, 20,000,000 it's reported, hence why West Ham didn't play him. The trouble West Ham got in was for not declaring the full terms of the deal they signed him and Tevez for, i.e. a 3rd party could at anytime take them without the clubs permission and move them to another purchaser. It took the FAPL over two weeks to examine the terms of his deal with Liverpool to ensure no 3rd party control was involved, as Liverpool declared all the documentation and held none back. Apparently this was when the terms of the original West Ham/MSI deal came to light, and led to the hearing and fine last week.
Its Grim up North

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mentalman

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 03, 2007, 11:36:46 AM
Quote from: Mentalman on May 03, 2007, 11:30:28 AM

Er no!!

is he only on loan? whats the terms of the deal? when does it end?

18 month loan deal. Reportedly first option at the end of that if they match whatever asking price is agreed, standard stuff.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

cavanmaniac

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2007, 11:05:51 AM

And, for the record, Sir Alex...the/one of the most successful manager(s) of all time.

That's a nice fantasy Seanie but the reality is that he is top dog in his own backyard but doesn't have the bite for the big doggies in the European playground. One final appearance and one fairly fortunate victory out of about 15 CL campaigns, despite the legions of great players he has passed through his hands at the club in that time, would seem to suggest he's a very good manager who has alarming tactical and other weaknesses exposed once he has to rub shoulders with the real elite. But it hardly qualifies him as 'the' or even 'one of the' most successful managers of all time, unless you're being selective in your criteria (Premiership only) to comfort yourself in a dark hour for your club. 'Fergie the great' is a myth when the standards are highest. I have alot of respect for him actually but his deification is a product of the same school of thought that has been gushing to canonise the likes of a jumped-up, vainglorious fraud like Ronaldo, on the basis of excellent performances against weak sides, but utterly bankrupt ones against the best around.

The most damning comparison of all is that Rafa has now two CL final appearances under his belt in 3 attempts, despite greater financial restrictions and a poorer overall calibre of player.

And no, Rafa is not one of the most successful or greatest managers either and could well lose the final this year, but it's only a matter of time before his body of achievement comfortably outstrips Fergie's, on all planes. Upon which occasion, Fergie is most welcome to send him a 'tactical breakdown' of how he achieved it, if such things provide solace for him in his retirement.

Syd The Sailor

Slur Alex has had his day. He seems to be a greedy **** though and will keep at it until he gets the boot. He will win you all the Premierships you want but when the bar is raised he has been found wanting on so many occasions (7 CL Semis i think).

Lecale2

Have Liverpool ever won the Priemiership? I must have missed that one.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 03, 2007, 09:16:21 PM
Have Liverpool ever won the Priemiership? I must have missed that one.

What the f**k are you talking about? Where is the relevance/context in your post????

Uladh

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on May 03, 2007, 09:09:48 PM
He will win you all the Premierships you want but when the bar is raised he has been found wanting on so many occasions.

The irony is Syd you blithering idiot, that it is universally recognised that the premiership is infinately more difficult to win than the 3/4 place teams league (AKA Champions league)

Thats why Liverpool have a big fat zero.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Uladh on May 03, 2007, 10:29:36 PM
Quote from: Syd The Sailor on May 03, 2007, 09:09:48 PM
He will win you all the Premierships you want but when the bar is raised he has been found wanting on so many occasions.

The irony is Syd you blithering idiot, that it is universally recognised that the premiership is infinately more difficult to win than the 3/4 place teams league (AKA Champions league)

Is this the same 3/4 place team league that Ferguson would sell his children and probably a couple of Premierships to have another one of?