Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

3-0 win over Valencia at Old Trafford tonight. Owen missed a few sitters but Rooney got on the scoresheet.
Darron Gibson impressed late on with two brilliant efforts, the first which struck the bar. Hope he becomes a more confident player this season and starts wanting the ball in midfield. he certainly has talent and can really strike a ball. Just hasn't looked like a Utd player so far and seems to hide almost in games but maybe it'll come.

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 05, 2009, 09:59:22 PM
3-0 win over Valencia at Old Trafford tonight. Owen missed a few sitters but Rooney got on the scoresheet.
Darron Gibson impressed late on with two brilliant efforts, the first which struck the bar. Hope he becomes a more confident player this season and starts wanting the ball in midfield. he certainly has talent and can really strike a ball. Just hasn't looked like a Utd player so far and seems to hide almost in games but maybe it'll come.

It was just 2-0 EG.  Rooney in the first half and Tom Cleverly in the second, nice to see him getting some first team minutes.

Valencia (player) was superb and Fabio also did very well when he came on.  As EG says Owen missed four good chances but I suppose on the bright side at least the chances are being created.

Gibson was excellent also, had three ferocious shots near the end.  Out of our current crop of CM's (Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Fletcher) Gibson perhaps looks like the biggest scoring threat.

charlie stubbs

think great chance for foster cement place in world cup year now.vds got awful lot of credit for those clean sheets last year imo it was more the brilliant form of vidic(before he met torres obv) ;) and ferdinand that made vds look good rather than him being outstanding.i personally rate foster higher at this stage, though vds very good at his prime

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 28, 2009, 05:06:33 PM
FFS Listen to you all. Big club, medium club. Does it matter. To me Chelsea are the biggest club in the world regardless of what they've won, or how long it is. Is there a timeframe? How long do you have to go without winning something for your size to shrink? A year, two years, 20 years. People keep telling me Chelsea are now one of the big four. Funny there were always the big one to me.

Every club is a big club to those who support it.
Right i'm a chelsea fan but i haven't a clue what ye're on about! Salisbury town fans do not think salisburyy united are the greatest team in the world you spanner
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 05, 2009, 10:13:35 PM
FFS Listen to you all. Big club, medium club. Does it matter. To me Chelsea are the biggest club in the world regardless of what they've won, or how long it is. Is there a timeframe? How long do you have to go without winning something for your size to shrink? A year, two years, 20 years. People keep telling me Chelsea are now one of the big four. Funny there were always the big one to me.

Right i'm a chelsea fan but i haven't a clue what ye're on about! Salisbury town fans do not think salisburyy united are the greatest team in the world you spanner

Maybe it's past your bedtime Eastern Pride?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: 689908 on August 05, 2009, 10:16:30 PM

Maybe it's past your bedtime Eastern Pride?
Oh i'm sorry am i keeping you up?

qub la la la

[ Right i'm a chelsea fan but i haven't a clue what ye're on about! Salisbury town fans do not think salisburyy united are the greatest team in the world you spanner

obviously salisbury town fans would not think salisbury united were the greatest team in the world. they would probably hate salisbury united and think that there own team was the best.

Eastern_Pride

:-[ :-[ ::) :-[ :-[
Quote from: qub la la la on August 05, 2009, 10:20:47 PM
[ Right i'm a chelsea fan but i haven't a clue what ye're on about! Salisbury town fans do not think salisburyy united are the greatest team in the world you spanner

obviously salisbury town fans would not think salisbury united were the greatest team in the world. they would probably hate salisbury united and think that there own team was the best.
Ah shrite. Well you know what i mean

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 05, 2009, 10:24:37 PM

shrite???????

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: 689908 on August 05, 2009, 10:35:17 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 05, 2009, 10:24:37 PM

shrite???????
f#eckin keyboard......

gawa316

Was Villa or Silva playing for Valencia tonight?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: gawa316 on August 05, 2009, 10:47:55 PM
Probably both of them...

sammymaguire

Villa defo playing, more or less full squads playing at half pace. Fabio there too watching Owen (who nearly scored)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hound

I believe Villa played the first half and was quiet, Silva played the second and looked good. Valencia played most of the second half with their sub goalie in midfield as they used all their outfield subs at half time and someone got injured early in the 2nd half.

For United, Valencia was the star man. Supposed to have been excellent. Heard also that De Laet at full back looked very promising. Tosic started on the left but couldnt get into the game, Nani did a lot better when he came on (and apparently has had a good pre-season). Gibson played well when introduced. Owen looked very sharp, got into good positions, but his finishing was off.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Hound on August 07, 2009, 07:12:15 AM
I believe Villa played the first half and was quiet, Silva played the second and looked good. Valencia played most of the second half with their sub goalie in midfield as they used all their outfield subs at half time and someone got injured early in the 2nd half.

For United, Valencia was the star man. Supposed to have been excellent. Heard also that De Laet at full back looked very promising. Tosic started on the left but couldnt get into the game, Nani did a lot better when he came on (and apparently has had a good pre-season). Gibson played well when introduced. Owen looked very sharp, got into good positions, but his finishing was off.

Spot on round up there - in particular with what you heard about De Laet. Looks a quality defender and made some very good runs forward.